Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
California Cannabis Users
    #11205482 - 10/08/09 02:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

How do you feel about the Tax and Regulate inititave that they are trying to get passed? I signed today.

after i signed it i passed it to the person behind me(we were in line at a dispensary.) and she said she didnt want to because it would cost more. i explained that most likely what would happen is that it will drop in price more than the tax that they give it.

what are your thoughts?

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: California Cannabis Users [Re: sui]
    #11205500 - 10/08/09 02:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not in Cali, but I'd hope that legalizing it would bring an element of competition to the market to drive prices down... definitely seems like that ought to be enough to offset the tax. There'd probably be some large-scale producers eager to undercut the competetion.

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #11205505 - 10/08/09 02:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i can't wait!

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: California Cannabis Users [Re: Entropymancer]
    #11205508 - 10/08/09 02:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thats what im sayin, blows my mind anyone would be against it.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11205519 - 10/08/09 02:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

cigs have all those sin taxes on them, im sure they will do the same or worse if they tax mj.  plus big tobacco would prolly try to say they are flavored and get mj banned in a heart beat lol

on a somewhat related note, where exactly does mj stand as far as PR goes in relation to how its presented as a product.  im just a bit confused, i heard that you have to get a doctor to write you a perscription, yet i thought only drugs where allowed to heal, hurt, kill ect ect.  then ontop of that according to the fda and gov mj has no medical value, im just curious how docs even get away with writting these perscriptions. couldn't someone sue the shit out of these doctors by saying mj didn't help them or w/e.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: California Cannabis Users [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #11205557 - 10/08/09 02:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

doctors are allowed to recommend anything they feel will be beneficial to their patient, doctors cannot be charged for recommending cannabis but another grey area is that its only a recommendation not a prescription, because of cannabis' status as a schedule 1 drug it cant legally be prescribed only recommended. 

The discrepancy between the fed opinion and the state opinion is really undecided.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #11205560 - 10/08/09 02:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I can't see how it could possibly get any more expensive than it is now in dispensaries.
I pay just as much if not more for kush from a dispensary as I would back east, where most of it was imported.
From what I hear though, they are trying to crack down on the dispensaries and make them grow like half of their own product or something to cut down on the insane profit margins the growers are getting but that's just a rumor.. but I do work next door to biggest one in LA.

tldr: Tax and Regulate, fuck yeah.

--------------------

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: California Cannabis Users [Re: Shroomism]
    #11205565 - 10/08/09 02:51 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

im willing to bet at least half if not more of the clubs in LA will be closed in 2010.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #11205570 - 10/08/09 02:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

oh what a tragedy that would be.. then I would only have 15 within walking distance

--------------------

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

#11205571 - 10/08/09 02:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i know right:lol:

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #11205578 - 10/08/09 02:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
I can't see how it could possibly get any more expensive than it is now in dispensaries.

I've noticed the prices are comparable to what's payed out here for the
same quality and out here, there's no taxes paid, no overhead, no middle man

how will this affect home cultivation, will it be legal for a few plants?

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: California Cannabis Users [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11205582 - 10/08/09 02:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yes it would make home cultivation for private use, as well as commercial cultivation for profit legal.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11205603 - 10/08/09 03:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

demand would go down then, so they would have to lower prices to draw in customers.  its possible they might consider using mass producing strains that suck in all other area's to farther increase profits.  if people start growing at home that will be a huge blow to the movement

--------------------

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

#11205610 - 10/08/09 03:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

no, its what it needs, the more people that grow it the more people that will want to keep growing it therfore creating activists in the process. we need to show the rest of the country that this can work.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11205673 - 10/08/09 03:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i was more implying that people shouldn't be allowed to homegrow than anything.  being able to enjoy the smoke would bring in enough activists. its just that home growers would hurt the cause in a few ways

1. the profits these companys are seeing and using to drive all the activist activity would  be cut im guessing in half due to home growers

2. home growers will lead to residentual issues, and lots of them.  and this could be the biggest sore thumb in the movement.  with kids getting easy access and im sure everyone can think of plenty of other issues

i think we just need to ease into it, why not leave home growing illegal, which would keep the profits in the hands of the people who are out their taking risks and paying taxes.

cali seems to be able to get alot of weird shit passed that wouldn't happen anywhere else.  im just afraid they might be digging their own graves on this movement.  they are going to flip the switch one of these days and the hammer is going to fall really really hard

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (10/08/09 03:42 AM)

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

#11205683 - 10/08/09 03:42 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

no i dont agree with that, it takes education, out here at least alot of people are already accustomed to the idea.

alot of the orgs and dispensarys out here propmote good neighbor policys that users should abide by to keep friction from happening.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11205694 - 10/08/09 03:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

but nobody is trying to pass education laws.  ive mentioned quite a few times on thees boards that im in favor of people passing laws to require mandatory education on safe drug use before being able to purchase things like salvia.

but people just don't pass laws like that at least not very often, i mean it should already be out there right now, and leaving stuff like that to dispensarys to just do on their own i don't think is going to cut it.  and by time the problems start happening it will be to late to fix them, as bills(big brother) will already be in the works to step in and maybe they will tack on the death penalty for violations

i understand everyone would love to grow it and feel like its a right, but i just feel it would hurt more than help.

Edited by makaveli8x8 (10/08/09 03:51 AM)

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

#11205710 - 10/08/09 03:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

that may come in time but we have to start somewhere, theres just no way a law like that would be passed now.

But even that would have its problems, having a standardized and "official" curriculum and set of beliefs about any given substance would give them just another avenue to abuse. Government sanctiond mind conrol under the guise of free mind expansion, no thank you.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11205726 - 10/08/09 04:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yah i see your point, but don't the benifits of such a program outweigh the negatives?  i mean one big reason why drugs get banned is because people get out of control, and aren't good responsable users. 

to just release drugs back out onto the world isn't going to work, there must be education or its doomed to fail and repeat history.  people need to know the do's and dont's.  if we think ahead and fix the problems before hand, we set ourselves up for much better results, and give much less ammo to big brother.  school in general is brain washing, but a small part of us makes it out of that alive, so a few drug courses won't be the end of the world.

plus if it was more of an interactive course, where people were allowed to express their opinions that could be good too.  there's just alot of stupid people in the world, and pretty much anything that could go wrong will go wrong.  education will at least limit it to some degree.  there's just a really big reckless idealogy surrounding drugs, and kids are already getting their hands on these drugs and they are illegal.  both adults and kids need to hear the truth about drugs, they get lied to, figuer out its a lie, and then figuer they can be as reckless as they want because they figuer everything else is a lie.  its a vicious cycle, and the entire country is going to be eyeballing this whole situation

think about it, classes, courses, books, teaching, its a great new place for profit to fix cali's budget, it would make cali look really smart by doing it,lower crime rates, lower accidents, lower health care bills, and  so for the most part it seems win win

Edited by makaveli8x8 (10/08/09 04:11 AM)

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11205734 - 10/08/09 04:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hell if you live in Cali you should do this shit man, you'd be doing the cause a huge favor and you'd be making yourself some money.  go around to all the dispensary's and get as many as you can to buy into this idea. a third party to educate. you teach the classes and then they get education cards.  they can't buy weed from the dispensary's without the card.  then you could go around to all the headshops that fucking sell salvia to kids and do the same thing there.

then boom shit just got really serious and really smart and lots more profit, fuck call up Arnold and tell him this idea, that pothead will go for it i know it, and money hungry as Cali is fuck yeah:yesnod:

with education, this is something the mainstream could get behind.  smart and educated drug users:yesnod:

the badboy gang banging drug dealer image goes out the winda

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (10/08/09 04:22 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals