Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinei AM I3 E 4 U
cyan hunter

Loc: East Side WA
PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!!
    #11205163 - 10/08/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

went hunting today and to my surprise!!!!

The ripe plunder i dropped my backpack and they got kinda crushed in the bag i was sad. and now having a hard time discreetly drying these guys any suggestions

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: i AM I3 E 4 U]
    #11205390 - 10/08/09 01:55 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

put them in a paper bag or something and hide them somewhere? shoudlnt be too hard to dry them.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: iPxPxFi]
    #11205462 - 10/08/09 02:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

iPxPxFi said:
put them in a paper bag or something and hide them somewhere? shoudlnt be too hard to dry them.

Tie them on strings CAREFULLY in front of a heater. If you have a space heater, put it someplace more discreet, but safe.

If you just leave them in a bag then they may just mold, or get eaten by bugs, or just turn to mush. You probably knew that though.

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

#11205488 - 10/08/09 02:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Crikey, where's mine?

Seriously I still haven't found a single cyan.

Gonna start pouring water on one of my spots every night that it don't rain and see if that does anything. *Hope no cop ever drives by and wonders what I'm doing lol cause I can't think of an excuse to be watering a lawn at 2am o.O;

"Hi Mr. Officer, I thought this lawn looked awful dry and decided to put the hose to it. Sorry." xD

Offlinei AM I3 E 4 U
cyan hunter

Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: Magick]
    #11206396 - 10/08/09 08:42 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

lol just say that you had to stop to tie your shoes and you needed a drink of water lol. and i also hear that if you dry mushrooms with heat i causes them to lose potency..

--------------------

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattleish
    #11206823 - 10/08/09 10:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magick said:
Crikey, where's mine?

Gonna start pouring water on one of my spots every night that it don't rain and see if that does anything. *Hope no cop ever drives by and wonders what I'm doing lol cause I can't think of an excuse to be watering a lawn at 2am o.O;

"Hi Mr. Officer, I thought this lawn looked awful dry and decided to put the hose to it. Sorry." xD

I still wanna get a weed sprayer full of cyan LC and go spraying mulch beds while wearing one of those orange road contruction vests. I bet noone would ask a single question, especially if you had a clipboard (cuz we all know dudes in orange vests and clipboards are official) :gethigh:

OfflineevictAsmurf
Juggalo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Olympic Peninsula, WA
    #11207019 - 10/08/09 10:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

very nice finds indeed!

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11207256 - 10/08/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Twiztidsage said:
Quote:

iPxPxFi said:

Tie them on strings CAREFULLY in front of a heater. If you have a space heater, put it someplace more discreet, but safe.

If you just leave them in a bag then they may just mold, or get eaten by bugs, or just turn to mush. You probably knew that though.

What the fuck? What a waste of time. Throw them in a paper bag surroudned by papertowels or something else and just switch the paper towels every couple of hours. If the RH by you isn't to high you can just let them sit out and dry. OR you can just let them sit outside of your computer fan

Offlinei AM I3 E 4 U
cyan hunter

Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: slackophage]
    #11207374 - 10/08/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

slackophage said:
Quote:

Magick said:
Crikey, where's mine?

I still wanna get a weed sprayer full of cyan LC and go spraying mulch beds while wearing one of those orange road contruction vests. I bet noone would ask a single question, especially if you had a clipboard (cuz we all know dudes in orange vests and clipboards are official) :gethigh:

haha true but would that really spread them putting spores in a sprayer and going to town on shit?

--------------------

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattleish
    #11207648 - 10/08/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

LC, not spores. Heartier the culture, the better the chance it'd work...

Don't see why not, in theory at least. As long as you sprayed in the spring/summer to give enough time for colonization. Maybe I'll finally get around to trying this next year, gotta find some cyans and make LC first tho. :igor:

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: Troll Bot]
    #11208695 - 10/08/09 03:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That paper towel method wastes more time then putting them in front of airflow, even with no or low heat.

It takes a few minutes to thread a needle through a haul of mushrooms, and a few hours to dry them.

I'm broke and paper towels are expensive.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #11208749 - 10/08/09 03:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nice!

I started checking some of my patches here in San Francisco, but I anticipate the Bay Area will be a month behind the rest of the PNW (namely Washington, Oregon).

--------------------

Offlineimachameleon
Fun guy
Male

Loc: Western Oregon
Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: CureCat]
    #11213371 - 10/09/09 05:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I say if you can't dry the fuckers, just eat 'em! That's what I'd do anyway. Nice finds!

--------------------
"It is not your sin, it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto
heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!
  Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the
frenzy with which you should be inoculated?
  Behold, I teach you the Superman. He is this lightning. He is this frenzy."
~ Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Invisibleminerva
Johnny Cyanspore
Male User Gallery

Loc: tacoma/seattle
Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: imachameleon]
    #11213783 - 10/09/09 08:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

good drying method:

buy a box of epsom salt. not iodized or whatever. gotta be epsom. put a layer down on foil on top of a cookie tray.

bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for about an hour. let it cool. break it apart. put it in a large tupperware or plastic bin. nice layer at the bottom. then grab some wire netting or even paper towels and lay it down on top of the epsom salt.

put the mushies on top. plastic wrap the top of the container. should be cracker dry in 1-3 days. the epsom salt will suck all the moisture out. and it can be reused.

also helps to let a fan blow over the mushies for up to 24 hours prior to all this, but not totally necessary.

i don't recommend using heat to dry - will lessen potency. dry as soon as possible - oxidation occurs which also lessons potency.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: minerva]
    #11214635 - 10/09/09 11:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

As long as you aren't baking them in an oven the heat doesn't reduce potency.

Airflow and low heat shouldn't hurt a thing. That's why a food dehydrator works so well.

Offlinecapncrunch
Stranger

Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: minerva]
    #11214957 - 10/09/09 12:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I always lay out a cookie sheet or foil and dump a bunch of baking soda, cover it with a paper towel, lay the guys on it and huck it in a dry closet top shelf.  Usually dries pretty damn quick, regardless of size.

Offlinesnapperhead
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: capncrunch]
    #11215700 - 10/09/09 02:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Any chance this weekend's freeze will affect production?

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

Re: PNW Bursting with Cyanescens!! [Re: snapperhead]
    #11217174 - 10/09/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

IIRC after the first mild freeze* is the best time to go look.

Tell me if I'm mistaken o.O;

Edit: lol 'freeze mild'

Edited by Magick (10/09/09 07:52 PM)

Offlinei AM I3 E 4 U
cyan hunter

#11234627 - 10/12/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

today i went back to check the spots after afew days away from home to find one of my larger patches gone... :frown:
so i continued my search around my spots found some new pins and mild growth from the other patches. I didnt have a chance to take pictures due to other competition in the park i was hunting, i had been watering the spots daily until i left for afew days im asuming the upcoming week will bring some moisture to my spots but im afraid that other hunters are going to continue to pillage my locations...
soo in light of that i decided to pick the oldest cyans that were not fully grown but began to show signs of dehidration anyway...

then on my way out i encountered another person searching in the same park he obviously had no idea what he was doing and requested that i teach him how to find them what shall i do to protect my sacred cyan spots?

RIP :bye:

--------------------

OfflineGlassSnake
HaXXor
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #11234667 - 10/12/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

i  AM  I3 E 4 U said:
today i went back to check the spots after afew days away from home to find one of my larger patches gone... :frown:
so i continued my search around my spots found some new pins and mild growth from the other patches. I didnt have a chance to take pictures due to other competition in the park i was hunting, i had been watering the spots daily until i left for afew days im asuming the upcoming week will bring some moisture to my spots but im afraid that other hunters are going to continue to pillage my locations...
soo in light of that i decided to pick the oldest cyans that were not fully grown but began to show signs of dehidration anyway...

then on my way out i encountered another person searching in the same park he obviously had no idea what he was doing and requested that i teach him how to find them what shall i do to protect my sacred cyan spots?

RIP :bye:

I has a sad for you. :frown:

The good news is if they are inexperienced they will walk by them most of the time :wink:

Keep up the scouting new spots and try to hit your known areas during off hours when theres not as much traffic. Parks are pretty tough competition.

I'm on the EastSide as well, so if I happen to run into your patch you can be at peace knowing it will be treated respectfully.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract