Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
THE HOLOCAUST!!!!!!1!
    #11202198 - 10/07/09 07:41 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

On both sides of the aisle, and on both sides of the political spectrum, the reflexive attack of the masses seems to have become an automatic comparison of your ideological rival to Hitler and/or the Holocaust.  Obviously, this is not new.  However, it definitely does seem to me to have escalated over the course of the last 10 years or so to a point of almost complete absurdity.

What impact does this issue and other similar problems have on the state of discussion and debate today?  Is this symptomatic of a lack of civility in politics today, or is the real problem ignorance?

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: THE HOLOCAUST!!!!!!1! [Re: thedefone]
    #11202707 - 10/07/09 08:56 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

thats always been the case.. hence the need for a godwins' law...however..bu$hco made godwin obsolete when they started doing things like snatching ppl off the streets and holding them under torture in secret gulags.. wiretapping everyones' phone without a court order.. invading neutral countries to steal mineral rights and killing millions of civilians in the process.. etc...little wonder that from that point on..you could make comparisons to the nazis without being summarily dismissed as a lunatic...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineSmackshadow
It's Time for Wild Speculation

Re: THE HOLOCAUST!!!!!!1! [Re: Annapurna1]
    #11204753 - 10/08/09 01:40 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

I like to think a little bit from column A and a little bit from column B. 

I just think it is a lack of reasoning powers and a desire to hyperbolise everything political.:happyhitler:

--------------------
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.

~H. L. Mencken~

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: THE HOLOCAUST!!!!!!1! [Re: Annapurna1]
    #11205782 - 10/08/09 06:51 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

thats always been the case.. hence the need for a godwins' law...however..bu$hco made godwin obsolete when they started doing things like snatching ppl off the streets and holding them under torture in secret gulags.. wiretapping everyones' phone without a court order.. invading neutral countries to steal mineral rights and killing millions of civilians in the process.. etc...little wonder that from that point on..you could make comparisons to the nazis without being summarily dismissed as a lunatic...

:rofl:

> hence the need for a godwins' law

There is no need for Godwin's Law; it is a joke.  Simply put, "The longer an internet debate continues, the more likely somebody will make a comparison to Nazi's or to Hitler."

> however..bu$hco made godwin obsolete when they started doing things like ...

:lol:

> Is this symptomatic of a lack of civility in politics today, or is the real problem ignorance?

For the most part, I think it is an easy 'out' for those arguing against Zionism and Israel.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion