Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
What to do with my cakes? A question for those who know their stuff
    #11200102 - 10/07/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i have 72 4 ounce jars incubating right now. more than half have started, and most of those are doing very well.

while im still this early into the project, id like to figure out how im going to fruit them. at first i wanted to do the usual cake in PMP type FC, but now im thinking of doing monotubs. so that means ill have to chop up all of the cakes when making the monotub.

im wondering if this is OK to do with PF style cakes?

or, since this is my first grow, should i just go back to the PMP style fruiting chamber?  i already built 2 that are perfect. just gotta cut holes in the top and fill with poly fill and add water/cakes and play the waiting game.

i think because i have so many jars, im going to make an attempt at creating a casing with a few of the cakes, and just throw it in the FC with the cakes once its fully colonized...

hope im not rambling. sorry if i was, im a noob and im hiiiiiiigh.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: What to do with my cakes? A question for those who know their stuff [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #11200108 - 10/07/09 11:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

to answer the question here... cakes can be used as spawn for monotubs..

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: What to do with my cakes? A question for those who know their stuff [Re: Slimz]
    #11200120 - 10/07/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

is it something someone should/could do with their first grow? or is that a little more advanced?

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Re: What to do with my cakes? A question for those who know their stuff [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #11200125 - 10/07/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

first grow just do normal cakes in a shotgun fc. Dont mess with mono's till you have a few grows under your belt.

You could chop up your cakes and put them into a mono but there will be no enhancement in performance. In fact the few times i did chop up my cakes it took longer and I got less fruits.

Instead you should spawn to coir. but again wait till you have a few grows under your belt

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

OfflinePilzeEssen

#11200136 - 10/07/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i just dont want to chop up all my cakes and end up fucking it all up. i tried growing mushrooms once and fucked it up. i dont wanna do that again!!

--------------------

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
    #11200161 - 10/07/09 12:02 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

So just follow a trusted tek and you will be golden:pope:

Wait a few grows and read more. Then you can start experimenting.

Since you have so many cakes you could try to spawn to coir but I would only use a few of them at most.

I also only use 4 oz jars them little fuckers are fast.

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: What to do with my cakes? A question for those who know their stuff [Re: trekie]
    #11200163 - 10/07/09 12:02 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

trekie said:
first grow just do normal cakes in a shotgun fc. Dont mess with mono's till you have a few grows under your belt.

You could chop up your cakes and put them into a mono but there will be no enhancement in performance. In fact the few times i did chop up my cakes it took longer and I got less fruits.

Instead you should spawn to coir. but again wait till you have a few grows under your belt

good shit. thanks trekie :smile:

i made 2 FCs PMP style, minus the rocks, plus steel mesh held up above the water to hold the cakes. not directly on the steel mesh, either on the top of the lid, or on foil, then on the mesh.

just gotta cut the tops out and fix some clear plastic over them and make air exchange holes and fill with poly fill and its done.

i picked up some coir yesterday, but i think im just going to go back to my original idea. i agree, it would probably be smarter to wait until ive pulled off a few grows before attempting monotubs or casings.

--------------------

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: What to do with my cakes? A question for those who know their stuff [Re: trekie]
    #11200169 - 10/07/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

72 cakes..

take 5 and do a MINI monotub..

crumble and case 15 or so and fruit the rest from the cake in a PMP or SGFC

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflinePilzeEssen

#11200194 - 10/07/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

trekie said:
So just follow a trusted tek and you will be golden:pope:

Wait a few grows and read more. Then you can start experimenting.

Since you have so many cakes you could try to spawn to coir but I would only use a few of them at most.

I also only use 4 oz jars them little fuckers are fast.

even then im scared lol. i want as many mushrooms as possible without fucking up. doing something like that seems a bit risky for me.

i think i might make a casing with some of the cakes. i actually have a little more than 72 jars...

20 4oz PF albino
20 4oz PES hawaiian
20 4 oz Burma
12 4 oz B+

4 8 oz PES hawaiian

10 1 pint B+

i think one of the large b+ is contaminated. that will make the 3rd contamination. not bad so far.

--------------------

Invisiblem00nshine
ÜBER SHAMAN
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BALLS DEEP
    #11200205 - 10/07/09 12:09 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Check my signature, it should help you out. I had excellent results.

--------------------

InvisibleechoesSG
Dancing Echoes
Male

#11200209 - 10/07/09 12:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I would just fruit the cakes... get some decent prints and use them for future grows.:mushroomgrow:

Invisiblem00nshine
ÜBER SHAMAN
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BALLS DEEP
Re: What to do with my cakes? A question for those who know their stuff [Re: echoesSG]
    #11200231 - 10/07/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

echoesSG said:
I would just fruit the cakes... get some decent prints and use them for future grows.:mushroomgrow:

Unless you have perfect conditions or case them or spawn them to bulk, cakes are going to suck, IME.

--------------------

OfflinePilzeEssen

#11200262 - 10/07/09 12:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i can provide constant fresh air and 65-73 degree temps with 95-100% humidity. i think the cake would do just fine in the FC. i just have to play with the FAE. gotta figure out where to put holes, how many, how big.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds