Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetadziu
Monster Maker

1st time: Stunted growth, premature abnormal caps. 2nd time want it right... help pls! * 1
    #11199958 - 10/07/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have some questions regarding ideal fruiting conditions.  I've done extensive research on this site and others and basically have the idea.  However, there is a lot of conflicting info out there so here's my dilemma and my questions:

My last cake that fruited pinned, and then those pins turned dark and grew very slowly. Some went black'ish and aborted. The other pins grew slowly and resulted in stunted growth, smallish dark coloured caps that opened prematurely and produced small mushrooms.

I made this previous post http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11163614 and was told my pins & mushrooms were too wet, which resulted in the odd shaping and stunted growth (pics attached). I thought I was managing the process properly but obviously I wasn't.

In my subsequent research I have read many conflicting things so my questions are for my new cakes so they too don't become like my first batch.

I've read that the cakes need very high humidity (95-100% Rh) and moist cakes, lost of FAE, and indirect sunlight to initiate pinning. Once pinning the Rh shouldn't be as high (85-95% Rh), the light misting should not leave any water droplets on the fruits, and they require plenty of FAE. Is this actually true that the 2 different fruiting stages require slightly different conditions??

My new cakes are in my martha and I manually fan several times a day as well as lightly mist. I am also keeping my cakes wet/ moist until pinning has been initiated. I'm keeping the Rh as high as possible and I'm being very conscious of not making the cakes too wet. I've seen one pin with a light coloured head today so I want to know if what I wrote above is correct?

Any advice or suggestions? I'd also appreciate a response from a Trusted Cultivator to get their advice.

Cheers
T

--------------------
This forum is here to discuss issues and to HELP other members...

If your answer to a posted question is simply going to be "use the search function" then why not make your post worthwhile and useful by providing them with a link that points them in the right direction... otherwise, keep it to yourself!

Edited by tadziu (10/07/09 11:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoug funny
traveler of both time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA
Re: 1st time: Stunted growth, premature abnormal caps. 2nd time want it right... help pls! [Re: tadziu] * 1
    #11200106 - 10/07/09 11:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The different conditions are not required per se, but they are optimal.
I doubt any of the PF teks have conflicting info, cakes have been around for decades.

use the search function better

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1st time: Stunted growth, premature abnormal caps. 2nd time want it right... help pls! [Re: tadziu] * 1
    #11200219 - 10/07/09 12:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

For cakes theres no need to drop the RH keep it as high as you can 99-100% through out the whole grow and mist only 3 times a day then fan around 4-6. Misting fruits directly shouldn't bother them I do and have been this whole time and am getting really nice yields for cakes just make sure to fan after you mist

Offlinetadziu
Monster Maker

Re: 1st time: Stunted growth, premature abnormal caps. 2nd time want it right... help pls! [Re: doug funny] * 1
    #11200233 - 10/07/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

doug funny said:
The different conditions are not required per se, but they are optimal.
I doubt any of the PF teks have conflicting info, cakes have been around for decades.

use the search function better

Mate I'm not questing the PF teks. I followed them almost to a 'T'; however, I most likely did mist too much.

I appreciate your response but as for the recommendation to search better, I've used it to death. The problem with this site is that there are so many threads dating back nearly a decade and most of what is written in them is mindless chatter, misinformation, and conflicting info. Some posts that start off as "helpful" later turn into crap where people are commenting on and insulting others over their signatures, etc. It often just turns into a complete waste of time.

It would be great if people that knew what they were doing posted some better resources on the site, similar to how wikipedia is structured, so that when people want info on something we only have to go to a few sources and not spend hours searching.

This is why I made and posted http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11050932... so that people wouldn't have to spend hours fielding thru crap. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of great info on the site and some helpful members, but I really do think it could be organized better.

If people agree, it would be great to see members start implementing such things.

Edited by tadziu (10/07/09 12:19 PM)

Offlinetadziu
Monster Maker

Re: 1st time: Stunted growth, premature abnormal caps. 2nd time want it right... help pls! [Re: Shea25] * 1
    #11200258 - 10/07/09 12:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shea25 said:
For cakes theres no need to drop the RH keep it as high as you can 99-100% through out the whole grow and mist only 3 times a day then fan around 4-6. Misting fruits directly shouldn't bother them I do and have been this whole time and am getting really nice yields for cakes just make sure to fan after you mist

Thanks for your response. This is what I thought, as I have been following the PF tek guide pretty much to the 'T'; altho, I concede that I probably over misted. The problem is when I went to do research on the causes of aborts, stunted growths, abnormal caps, dark coloured caps, etc and how to prevent this, there was so much misinformation and conflicting info to field thru so one can only leave confused.

--------------------

If your answer to a posted question is simply going to be "use the search function" then why not make your post worthwhile and useful by providing them with a link that points them in the right direction... otherwise, keep it to yourself!

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11200269 - 10/07/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

No prob hope the second time around works out for you :mushroom2:

Genetics also play a huge role

Edited by Shea25 (10/07/09 12:22 PM)

Invisiblem00nshine
ÜBER SHAMAN
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BALLS DEEP
Re: 1st time: Stunted growth, premature abnormal caps. 2nd time want it right... help pls! [Re: Shea25] * 1
    #11200307 - 10/07/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Follow my TEK and take cakes to the next level. Check the signature.

--------------------

Offlinetadziu
Monster Maker

Re: 1st time: Stunted growth, premature abnormal caps. 2nd time want it right... help pls! [Re: m00nshine] * 1
    #11200699 - 10/07/09 01:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks mate... good info!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract