Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Lazy Coworkers
    #11199949 - 10/07/09 01:26 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Does anyone out there get bothered by lazy coworkers that try and get by without doing their part around the office or construction site or where ever you work?

Here is the problem I'm having.

I work in a semiconductor company and have three coworkers in my department and a supervisor so 5 of us total.

The supervisor sometimes helps with the day to day stuff that we all have, but being one of those people that never misses work I never benefit from that and always do all my own work.

That being said, my 3 coworkers always either late or flat out don't come in to work.
We are split into two teams of two people and alternate days of the week to handle the bulk stuff to do since and the two people on the other team ALWAYS (more than not) call in sick or come in late enough for someone else to have to do their work for them on the days that are supposed to be theirs.

The guy that's on my team is a lot better than the other two people but he is still trying to get me to do his work for him too.
He will sometimes be on crack or something and chooses to do all of the morning work, I always tell him not to do my part and that I will get around to it on my own time but he does my part anyways and then expects me to do the same for him.
I am always on time with my deadlines and just choose to work at my own pace and my doing so does not slow down or in any way affect my team member or anyone else in my area. So he has no need to do my work other than trying to get me to do his when he's not feeling like coming in to work or if he just want to slack off and I don't want wish to be part of that deal.

Just right now, the department that we fax our morning stuff too is calling our area to ask how much longer till we send in the fax,
I already did my part, in my own sweet time and on time and my coworker (team mate) has done none of his part and is now holding up the other departments work and possibly waiting for me to do his part too in payment for him having done that for me (without me asking him to) the other day, but I will not.

Man.... Sorry for the rant but just needed to let that all out.

I'm the pot head of the group and I'm the most reliable and hard working of the bunch, go figure.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejustinsanity
Sanityinjust
Male User Gallery

Loc: Projection Room Flag
Re: Lazy Coworkers [Re: Morican]
    #11200096 - 10/07/09 01:52 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Tell your coworker "I do my job, you do yours. I'm NOT going to pick up your slack. If this happens again we're going to have some problems."

Then if things still go badly talk to your supervisor and tell him the truth.

--------------------

OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Lazy Coworkers [Re: justinsanity]
    #11207126 - 10/08/09 01:19 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Thanks for the advice justinsanity I have verbalized my dislike of having to deal with an unstable work environment with coworkers that are frequently absent and my boss doesn't seem to have a problem with their actions and instead has chosen to do their work for them when they are not in.
He's a nice guy and a bit of a pushover, I haven't brought it up again because I don't let it affect me anyway, I mean I will never pick up their slack, so i don't really care anymore.

What bothers me is the attitude that I have to somehow participate and do these other peoples work for them when they are not at work because they'd do it for me because I hardly miss any time. They on the other hand are frequently absent, that's just a bad deal for me and I want nothing to do with it. I'm here to do my part and I do that 100% and put none of my work on others and I would think I could expect the same in return.

Lucky for me that my boss takes on the extra work that his missing team creates and doesn't overly stress me out with the imbalance.

I needed to let off some steam and was curious of how many other people out there deal with lazy coworkers, if you don't, maybe you are the lazy coworker and it would be cool to hear that side of the story too. I'm sure my coworkers all hate me and think I'm a looser for having a work ethic, but I just have a family, bills and responsibilities and have to work, otherwise I would love to be able to miss work and have my boss do it for me, who wouldn't want that.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub