Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Columbus OH Flag
Long term coffee drinking?
    #11199472 - 10/07/09 11:51 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

My friend got me into drinking coffee almost daily.  Its part of my morning routine now. 

Now i was wondering...

What are the long term effects of drinking coffee daily?  Is it dangerous enough to make me cut back on the joe.

Thanks.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: Long term coffee drinking? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11201055 - 10/07/09 04:35 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I was a long time morning coffee drinker for 10+ years. It's easy to become addicted when it's served free at the office.

My morning routine was to fill up a travle coffee much with freshly ground gourmet coffee and have it all drank by the time I got to work.

I decided to quit and see what happened.

After the first couple of weeks, I returned to normal.

I didn't wake up as fast, but I didn't have a 12'o'clock crash either.

My anxiety totally dissappeared.
Coffee can cause anxiety. Fact.

OfflineTaco Chef
running good
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
    #11202364 - 10/07/09 08:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

coffee is also an anti-oxidant.

--------------------

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #11203154 - 10/07/09 10:03 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Caffeine is a drug that has been extensively made use of. A complex blend of chemical compounds is present in coffee. Certain constituents, specifically those associated with the aroma, are produced when green beans are roasted. During brewing substances that dissolve in water to produce the beverage are categorized as taste components that are nonvolatile. These consist of caffeine, trigonelline, chlorogenic acid, phenolic acids, amino acids, carbohydrates, and minerals and aroma components that are volatile comprising organic acids, aldehydes, ketones, esters, amines, and mercaptans.

Habit-formingM

Caffeine is not normally regarded as addictive, but it is habit-forming.
When consumed over an extended period, a tolerance towards the drug is acquired by the body, implying greater amounts of caffeine is needed to create the identical feelings.
Hence individuals consume greater quantities of caffeine to get the desired effect.
Withdrawal indications take place since after a day or so, with no caffeine the brain becomes too sensitive to adenosine, triggering blood pressure to fall considerably. The most recognizable withdrawal indication is the caffeine headache. Other indications comprise tiredness; bad temper and even queasiness and vomiting.

Long-term effects

Too much ingestion of caffeine for example consumption of over four or five cups of coffee every day gives rise to tremors, a quick heart rate, augmented urination, anxiety, apprehension, stomach disturbances and sleeplessness.
The impact of caffeine is greater on children and the elderly.
It can make unborn babies to go through restiveness and withdrawal indications at birth, and cause hyperactivity and nervousness in kids.
The degree at which caffeine is metabolized by the body is conditional on the physical condition of the liver. Women generally possess more enzymes in the liver and metabolize drugs similar to caffeine more rapidly in comparison to men. The identical groups of enzymes metabolize caffeine as well as the hormones of pregnancy. When these hormones are raised in the body it takes a longer period to dispose of the caffeine, specifically, if one is pregnant or using oral contraceptive pill.

The impact of caffeine during pregnancy is strongly debated. While several studies have revealed that caffeine adds to a greater threat of miscarriage or birth deficiencies, other reports have censured this study for its failure to eradicate the likelihood of other reasons leading to miscarriage.

Decreased fertility

Caffeine has nonetheless been exposed to decrease fertility by having a harmful effect on sperm in men, and in addition influences whether or not the fertilized egg or embryo fruitfully embeds in the uterus.
A stressor; caffeine invigorates the heart in addition to brain and as well promotes the discharge of a hormone that harmfully interacts with the hormones that regulate fertility.
A small quantity of one cup of strong coffee every day for a prolonged period can have an adverse effect on the likelihood of successful conception.
Caffeine can penetrate breast milk and considerable quantity can trigger sleeplessness and disturbance to the baby. Once more, one cup every day appears to be the suggested upper level of ingestion.

[cofeeclues.com]

I drink coffee every day too, and I feel like the sugar I put in the cup is probably harming me more than the actual drink.

Really acidic coffee isn't too good for you either. Ulcers, stomache aches, etc.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Long term coffee drinking? [Re: lukeboots]
    #11203188 - 10/07/09 10:09 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I love coffee.  I have been drinking it daily for years.  I even drink decaff at night sometimes, but when i wake up in the morning, i go downstairs and push the start button on the coffee maker before i do anything else.  It might be a problem, but right now, its fine with me, it wakes me up and i enjoy the taste.  And at the end of the day, a good cup of decaff french press is very relaxing, especially since i stopped smoking weed at night

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #11203213 - 10/07/09 10:13 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

oh yeah, and this might be of interest.

Coffee Health Benefits

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

InvisibleMr. Bojangles
Breathe In
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty
Re: Long term coffee drinking? [Re: lukeboots]
    #11203460 - 10/07/09 10:45 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #11206137 - 10/08/09 09:06 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I stay away from coffee; I see it as just another drink full of caffeine and sugar. I think the health benefits of coffee are exaggerated and so are the  disadvantages. I recently read an article about what I think was the, or one of the, oldest people in the world right now. He was saying that he doesnt eat dinner, only breakfast and lunch. One thing he did mention is that he loves coffee and drinks it twice a day. :shrug:
I think its better to stay off, there are other better antioxidants, but if you love coffee then what the hell.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #11206786 - 10/08/09 12:15 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

It's bad for your teeth due to the acidity and obviously the staining.  It can actually help prevent age related cognitive decline and alzhiemers.  If you have the gene for slow caffeine metabolism it could be bad for your heart.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Where Art Meets Crime
    #11217362 - 10/09/09 09:42 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I drink... no, pound, two cups of coffee every morning when I walk into work.

On the weekends I never drink a cup and I have no cravings for it.

I switch to green tea after lunch, having one or two cups a day, also only at work.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being