Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Sports Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
So, yeah, go Yankees.
    #11198839 - 10/07/09 08:38 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Mmhmm.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male

Re: So, yeah, go Yankees. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #11199166 - 10/07/09 10:41 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Brian Duensing starting for the twins, eh?

:strokebeard:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #11199479 - 10/07/09 11:53 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Brian Duensing starting for the twins, eh?

:rofl2:

On the plus side for the Twinks is that Nathan will be rested.  Probably well rested for spring training.

--------------------

OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11199691 - 10/07/09 12:37 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

:highfive:

--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Male

Re: So, yeah, go Yankees. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11199782 - 10/07/09 12:58 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

From Jayson Stark @ ESPN, just some factoooooids:

The Yankees led the big leagues in runs scored, home runs, on-base percentage, slugging, OPS, extra-base hits and walks.

They had the best team ERA, the best second-half ERA and the lowest opponent OPS of all the AL postseason pitching staffs.

They have a closer (Mr. Mariano Rivera, ladies and gentlemen) with a 0.77 postseason ERA.

They're riding the best clubhouse vibe, the best grade in chemistry class, of any Yankees team in maybe a decade.

They put runs on the board at home (5.7 runs per game). They put runs on the board away from home (5.6 per game).

They hit left-handers (.286 AVG./.365 OBP/.480 SLUG). They hit right-handers (.282/.360/.476).

They can bludgeon you early (.828 OPS in the first inning). They can mug you late (15 walkoff wins -- second-most in franchise history).

They win at home (57-24). They win on the road (46-35).

They crush the bad teams (29-12 against the Orioles, A's, Royals and Indians). They beat up the good teams (27-17 against the Angels, Red Sox, Tigers, Twins and Phillies).

They even won a series in Anaheim -- for the first time in five years. And they went 9-1 in their last three series against the Red Sox.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

#11199796 - 10/07/09 01:00 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
They put runs on the board at home (5.7 runs per game). They put runs on the board away from home (5.6 per game).

For those who think the Yanks' stats are padded by a homer-happy home stadium, I just want to point to this.  And the best second-half ERA of all postseason pitching staffs says something, too, since half those games or so were pitched in that same homer-happy stadium.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #11199977 - 10/07/09 01:31 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I saw something in the paper the other day that they were the only team with a 0.600 winning percentage against teams with a winning record.  That may have disappeared with their last week but it is still far better than any other team's record against winners, in or out of the playoffs.

--------------------

OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: So, yeah, go Yankees. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11201308 - 10/07/09 05:22 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

:woot:

yankees baseball on my birthday whoo whoo

--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Offlinewhatthefunk
Stranger
Re: So, yeah, go Yankees. [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #11201440 - 10/07/09 05:45 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hell yeah, Go Yanks!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Sports Forum