Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineamericantradition
noob for now
Male

Loc: east coast
need answerASAPjust finished simerin rye, should i load all jars, or just the ones im gonna PC????
    #11197922 - 10/06/09 11:45 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I have to pc for an hour and a half, should I load all 8 jars, or just the 4 I'm gonna PC...and what should I do with the grain or jars I'm not PCing this round? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecne9999
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Sol system
Re: need answerASAPjust finished simerin rye, should i load all jars, or just the ones im gonna PC???? [Re: americantradition]
    #11198057 - 10/07/09 12:07 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Remember that no matter what you do, the unused berries won't store for ever so - - -

I would load all of the jars, the ones that aren't getting PCd right now should go in the fridge.  The cold temperature will help slow germination of endospores et al which wouldn't matter after they PC but the cold temp would also help hold the moisture wihtout letting them get too saturated too fast.

My two cents.

--------------------
  Say hello to my little friend.    and...      From Sonny

AFOAF's Coffee Experiment  //  Rye Berry Cakes  //  My FOAF  //  I killed my baby Cubes!
Get a freaking camera!  //  Roscoe 'Fatty' Arbuckle  //  I love P.c.Burma!

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: need answerASAPjust finished simerin rye, should i load all jars, or just the ones im gonna PC???? [Re: cne9999]
    #11198099 - 10/07/09 12:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

2nd that

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: need answerASAPjust finished simerin rye, should i load all jars, or just the ones im gonna PC?? [Re: feelfunny]
    #11198116 - 10/07/09 12:16 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i would BOIL the non PCd jars to kill the grain and keep it from sprouting (seal jars with water tight lids, and boil the submerged in a pot for an hour or so)

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

Offlinecne9999
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: need answerASAPjust finished simerin rye, should i load all jars, or just the ones im gonna PC?? [Re: Slimz]
    #11198148 - 10/07/09 12:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Slimz said:
i would BOIL the non PCd jars to kill the grain and keep it from sprouting (seal jars with water tight lids, and boil the submerged in a pot for an hour or so)

I've never seen simmered rye berries sprout, myself.  But I simmer for 35 minutes or so.  I've had some sitting as long as three days before PC'ing after that simmer but never sprout.

:strokebeard:

--------------------

AFOAF's Coffee Experiment  //  Rye Berry Cakes  //  My FOAF  //  I killed my baby Cubes!

InvisibleFoxFire
Energized Matter
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: need answerASAPjust finished simerin rye, should i load all jars, or just the ones im gonna PC???? [Re: americantradition]
    #11198160 - 10/07/09 12:27 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Fridge? Boil?  If you are just going to PC them right after the first batch is done, Id just get them all set up w/ lids and foil and have them on the counter for the 1.5 hrs that the first batch is going for, then do round 2.

--------------------
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better.  It's not.

Offlinecne9999
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: need answerASAPjust finished simerin rye, should i load all jars, or just the ones im gonna PC???? [Re: FoxFire]
    #11198185 - 10/07/09 12:38 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ManaShaman said:
Fridge? Boil?  If you are just going to PC them right after the first batch is done, Id just get them all set up w/ lids and foil and have them on the counter for the 1.5 hrs that the first batch is going for, then do round 2.

Good point, I should have asked, when did you expect to PC the other jars?  If right after the first jars then I totally agree with ManaShaman.

--------------------

OfflinePoseidon
My FAE is bigger than your FAE

#11198583 - 10/07/09 03:31 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

americantradition said:
I have to pc for an hour and a half, should I load all 8 jars, or just the 4 I'm gonna PC...and what should I do with the grain or jars I'm not PCing this round? Thanks.

I think you should blow your load in all the jars.

--------------------
HELLO, NUBCAKES.  ARE YOU HAVING CONTAMINATION ISSUES?  WELL, YOU MUST NOT BE AWARE OF THE MAGICAL FORCE OF BACTERIAL ENDOSPORES.  E-N-D-O-S-P-O-R-E-S.  SPELL IT OUT, YOU GOD DAMN NUBLETS, BECAUSE IT WHAT CAUSES EVERY CONTAMINATION KNOWN TO MAN.  ENDOSPORES HAPPEN WHEN YOU DO NOT PRESSURE COOK AT 15 PSI FOR AT LEAST 6 HOURS.  LIKE A FUCKING VIETCONG IN HIS CAVE, THESE RELENTLESS COCKSUCKSERS CAN GET FUCKING FRIED AND STILL POP OUT OF YOUR GRAIN AND FUCK ALL YOUR SHIT RIGHT UP!!  GETTING CONTAMINATIONS?  WELL OBVIOUSLY, YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ENDOSPORES!!

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: need answerASAPjust finished simerin rye, should i load all jars, or just the ones im gonna PC???? [Re: Poseidon]
    #11198704 - 10/07/09 05:11 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I would do all 8 jars in 2 cycles in the 1 day if you can, or do 4 then once you get up do the next 4. I dont like the idea of moist grain sitting about growing bacteria for any length of time.

Sterilisation is never 100% complete, the more nastys in the jar, the more chance theres going to be survivors.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates