Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAyrehead
Stranger
Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party.
    #11193389 - 10/06/09 12:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with any legal highs that benefited a college/house party when you were drinking alcohol at same time, say 10 units. So far I cant seem to find any that aren't a health risk when mixed with alcohol, or that have a positive effect when they are mixed,or one that is suitable for a party environment.

Secondly, does anyone know of a legal high that is (i doubt this highly), a drink substitute, eg - social,doesn't make you piss people off... or piss on people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineObscureThought
Stranger

Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: Ayrehead]
    #11193411 - 10/06/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Kratom may be what you're looking for as it can be sedative in large doses, but I'm not sure if you can safely mix it with alcohol, or that you'd want to.

--------------------
Take a bite out of reality :mushroom2:

Offlinenightbringer
shaman in training
Male User Gallery

Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: ObscureThought]
    #11193547 - 10/06/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'd go with some kind of kava tincture... the sedation synergizes well with weed/alcohol/etc. and in extract form all it takes is a couple drops. Basement Shaman makes this stuff called Liquid Phoria that has kava extract along with some other goodies (California Poppy, GABA, hydroxytryptophan, etc)... you could even add it to a coctail or beer if you wanted. The 5:1 Kava/Lotus tincture from IAmShaman is probably worth a shot too.

I would recommend Indian Warrior extract (pedicularis densiflora) because it is a reasonably effective muscle relaxant, but it tastes like shit.

--------------------
OM MANI PADME HUM

Buddha of great compassion, hold me fast in your compassion. From time without beginning, beings have wandered in Samsara, undergoing unendurable suffering. They have no other protector than you. Please bless them that they may achieve the omniscient state of buddhahood.

With the power of evil karma gathered from beginningless time, sentient beings, through the force of anger, are born as hell beings and experience the suffering of heat and cold. May they all be born in your presence.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery

Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: Ayrehead]
    #11193937 - 10/06/09 01:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Blue lotus is often mixed directly in with wine and allowed to sit for some time so you might consider that.

I wouldn't recommend Kava or Kratom because they cause nausea and mixing them with alcohol only makes the nausea worse.

Maybe a low dose of HBWR but that also causes nausea and might not be the best for a party setting, although I was always quite social on it if the nausea wasn't overwhelming me.

--------------------
]

OfflineOdum
stress of babylon
Male

Loc: GA
Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: Wysefool]
    #11193945 - 10/06/09 01:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

mdma

Offlinephx1
Stranger

Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: Odum]
    #11193955 - 10/06/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Odum said:
mdma

i wish that were a legal high

Offlinenightbringer
shaman in training
Male User Gallery

Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: phx1]
    #11194157 - 10/06/09 02:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've heard of people chewing wormwood while drinking... not too sure of the psychoactive effects but I guess it's kind of like a poor man's absinthe

--------------------
OM MANI PADME HUM

Buddha of great compassion, hold me fast in your compassion. From time without beginning, beings have wandered in Samsara, undergoing unendurable suffering. They have no other protector than you. Please bless them that they may achieve the omniscient state of buddhahood.

With the power of evil karma gathered from beginningless time, sentient beings, through the force of anger, are born as hell beings and experience the suffering of heat and cold. May they all be born in your presence.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: phx1]
    #11194426 - 10/06/09 03:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

phx1 said:
Quote:

Odum said:
mdma

i wish that were a legal high

methylone is legal (bk mdma)

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: learningtofly]
    #11194601 - 10/06/09 03:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nicotine

Offlinegogyra
Stranger
Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: learningtofly]
    #11194609 - 10/06/09 03:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

GBL is a good substitute for alcohol as a social party drug- you get the same nice effects (slight dizziness, lowered inhibitions, much much more euphoria), without the bad (nausea, blacking out, etc). However, under no circumstances should you EVER mix it with alcohol - you will almost certainly pass out, and if you had enough of each, you could even die. You need to be extremely careful when dosing yourself on GBL - the difference between a strong dose and passing out is not very large.

GBL is metabolized by the body into GHB. However, unlike GHB, GBL is quasi-legal. You can't sell it in the US, but you can order it online from other countries.

Methylone is another quasi-legal substance that's good for parties. It's essentially a weaker version of ecstasy (and the same need for precautions against lack of hydration and raised body temperature apply). It, too, can be ordered online from other countries.

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: gogyra]
    #11197741 - 10/06/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

gogyra said:
GBL is a good substitute for alcohol as a social party drug- you get the same nice effects (slight dizziness, lowered inhibitions, much much more euphoria), without the bad (nausea, blacking out, etc). However, under no circumstances should you EVER mix it with alcohol - you will almost certainly pass out, and if you had enough of each, you could even die. You need to be extremely careful when dosing yourself on GBL - the difference between a strong dose and passing out is not very large.

GBL is metabolized by the body into GHB. However, unlike GHB, GBL is quasi-legal. You can't sell it in the US, but you can order it online from other countries.

Methylone is another quasi-legal substance that's good for parties. It's essentially a weaker version of ecstasy (and the same need for precautions against lack of hydration and raised body temperature apply). It, too, can be ordered online from other countries.

and while you're flirting with that quasi-legal status of gbl, you ought to pull off an equimolar reaction of gbl and naoh. thus resulting in the illegal, but much less damaging ghb.

sorry but i cringe when people say "just drink gbl", yes i know its a prodrug, yes i know it gets metabolized into ghb, but that still doesnt change the fact that you're consuming a solvent, one used for graffiti/paint removal, and chrome/alloy wheel cleaner.

and lets be honest here, making ghb from gbl is one of the most simple 'synthesis' out there.

--------------------

Offlinetracedwards313
milk man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: dysphoria]
    #11197883 - 10/06/09 11:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

DXM

--------------------

I love Psilocybin.  :shrug:

Psilocybin, LSD, Ketamine, Mescaline, 2C-E, 5-Meo-DMT, DXM, LSA, Marijuana, Alcohol, Heroin/Opiates, 4-Aco-DMT, Methylone, 25I-NBOMe, Cocaine/Crack, amphetamines, Pharms, PCP, Benzos, DMT/Aya, Salvia, MDMA, Nitrous, MXE, 2C-C

Exile Nation Project

Offlinegogyra
Stranger
Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: dysphoria]
    #11198190 - 10/07/09 12:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dysphoria said:sorry but i cringe when people say "just drink gbl", yes i know its a prodrug, yes i know it gets metabolized into ghb, but that still doesnt change the fact that you're consuming a solvent, one used for graffiti/paint removal, and chrome/alloy wheel cleaner.

Alcohol is used as a paint thinner and a sterilizer. Yet if you drink it in low concentration you'll be just fine. Yes, pure GBL is used as graffiti cleaner - that's why you dilute it before drinking it.

Think of a lemon: if you eat a whole lemon, you will get a chemical burn on your tongue from the acidity. However, if you squeeze the lemon juice into a glass of water and drink it, you will suffer no ill effects. Similarly, if you drink pure GBL, you probably could damage your mouth or esophagus, but if you put it in a glass of orange juice, your insides will not be damaged.

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Loc: 805 Saint Cloud Road Mars
Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: gogyra]
    #11198208 - 10/07/09 12:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

a wine with lots of lotus steeped in it, passion flower, hops, valaerian, and kava will be a good relaxing slightly delic drink. strain everything before you drink except the lotus..

dxm ofcourse...strong stuff.not the best for you..

theres always the Piperazines which suck, but 50/50 chance youll enjoy em ha.

tons of legal delics and herbs , just look around.

can try to find a spice mix?

--------------------

Offlinepsilocybica
Robotripper
Male User Gallery

Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: tracedwards313]
    #11198320 - 10/07/09 01:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tracedwards313 said:
DXM

is that a joke?
obviously you have never had a 400mg+ DXM dose and drunk alcohol at the same time.

Not recommended. They do not mix, it won't kill you, but you will feel pretty shit, ie vomiting, head spins, nausea, blackouts,
I had a 700mg dex dose, drank 2 beers, and i saw my breakfast for the second time that day, about 8 hours after I ate it.

Weed is probably the most obvious choice.

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Loc: 805 Saint Cloud Road Mars
Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: psilocybica]
    #11198325 - 10/07/09 01:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

true....my friend never got a hangover from dxm, but the times he drank , even a little man the hangover and shittiness lasted all day.

--------------------

Offlinepsilocybica
Robotripper
Male User Gallery

Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11198414 - 10/07/09 02:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nowwhoutthink said:
true....my friend never got a hangover from dxm, but the times he drank , even a little man the hangover and shittiness lasted all day.

this is because most people do not drink water whilst they drink alcohol.
they think that the alcohol is hydrating them, which it isn't, in fact, it is doing quite the opposite.
if you drink water while drinking alcohol, for example, a glass of water between ever alcoholic beverage, you will feel a lot better in the morning, as you have constantly been hydrating your body, and flushing the alcohol through, and eventually out.

DXM, however, is not something that requires you to take and take and take over a long period of time to reach toxicity, you can simply have a large dose in one hit. It is often recommended to drink a lot of water and to keep very well hydrated throughout a DXM trip.

I've had 25+ DXM trips, 400mg+ and many times have not consumed any liquids, let alone water, and you feel pretty damn shit later on.

Offlinedream.is.destiny
Stanger

Re: Any legal high slightly party/alco friendly.Or a alco substitute at a party. [Re: psilocybica]
    #11198441 - 10/07/09 02:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you find yourself getting too drunk and acting like an idiot, switch over to beer only.  If you already do that, switch over to Miller 64 or Bud Select 55, those have half the alcohol content of light beers and will force you to pace.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order