Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezoomeroo
Looking for Fun, Guy!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
I.D help on two species i found today on vancouver island (pics)
    #11197149 - 10/06/09 11:57 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Hey everyone,

so i was out hunting for some actives and happened to find two different species.

First kind i found in a grassy field, although it wasn't well fertilized grass...about 6 to 8 inch tall grass and not very dense. Each specimen was usually growing individually, although in some cases i found two or three growing right next to eachother. It hasn't rained in about 2 or 3 days here although the last rain was somewhat significant. The mushrooms had a veil, sporeprint was a bland greyish purple (unfortunatly i don't have a picture of.) largest cap is about 2 inches across although most were about half that. Usually 2, 2.5 inches in height. Gills spaced close together and are not attached to stem.

Second kind i found was growing in the short cut grass of a baseball diamond. These were significantly smaller and were unfortunately dried out so a spore print was not possible. They had all dried out to an tan  brown colour. In the container i have them in, they emit a rather pungent, unpleasant strong 'mushroomy' smell. Gills were well spaced and not attached to stem. most were an 1, 1.5 inches in height. Peculiar thing about this species is that they would grow in large groups, and would grow in trails, almost like the spores would be passed directly across to the soil beside the current specimen and so on, creating almost a winding path five or six feet long of these little guys scattered across the grass.

Anyway I'm quite new at hunting and eager to learn, so please be patient with me and any help would be greatly appreciated! cheers

--------------------

To infinity, and beyond...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I.D help on two species i found today on vancouver island (pics) [Re: zoomeroo]
    #11197572 - 10/07/09 12:57 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Hi and welcome to the Shroomery.

Wait for a "Trusted Identifier" for this.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: I.D help on two species i found today on vancouver island (pics) [Re: World Spirit]
    #11197836 - 10/07/09 01:33 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

First ones are an Agrocybe species, maybe A. praecox or that "cluster".

Second ones are hard to tell because they are so dried out, but perhaps Marasmius oreades, the "Fairy Ring" mushroom.

--------------------

Offlinezoomeroo
Looking for Fun, Guy!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: I.D help on two species i found today on vancouver island (pics) [Re: CureCat]
    #11199886 - 10/07/09 01:14 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Cool, thanks a lot Cure Cat...upon further inspection those definitely must be 'fairy rings'...there was one patch that had almost created an entire circle. Not much luck with finding actives yet. I'm not too sure if I'm not looking in the right places or it just hasn't rained enough yet. I might go check out some cow fields in the near future to see what i can find, although it seems that P. Cyans and liberty caps are the predominant mushroom to grow in this season, neither of which grow on cow dung so i'm not sure if that would be a waste of time or not...

--------------------

To infinity, and beyond...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification