Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshredder
shreddingoftheaxe
amanita muscaria anyone?
    #11175607 - 10/03/09 03:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

anyone here try it? i just recently stumbled across this article about plsilcybe mushrooms and also the danger of aminitas as they claim they would not dare classify them as magic mushrooms, i'm sure this sounds familiar to you all but someone drop and shed some light on an expirience or maybe just what they'v heard from others!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male

Re: amanita muscaria anyone? [Re: shredder]
    #11175740 - 10/03/09 03:32 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Read everything here before you get jumped on too much. From what I've read, hallucinogenic effects are more of the dissociative variety, quite unlike the psychedelics like psilocybe mushrooms. There are also some minor toxins present in A. muscaria to be careful about...other amanitas (that are quite different even at the superficial visual level...usually) are deadly poisonous. I've been wanting to try them for a while now just to have the experience, but they usually grow further north.

--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Re: amanita muscaria anyone? [Re: shredder]
    #11175791 - 10/03/09 03:39 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The danger in consuming amanita muscaria is extremely exaggerated. There have been a few deaths attributed to amanita muscaria consumption but it's nothing to worry about. You would vomit long before you could come close to overdosing. I don't really see how it's possible to overdose on amanita muscaria unless you were intentionally trying to do so. I've consumed 30 dry grams on more than one occasion. I described the effects of amanita muscaria in this thread recently: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10952730#10952730

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Edited by NlightNd1 (10/03/09 06:01 PM)

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: amanita muscaria anyone? [Re: NlightNd1]
    #11176355 - 10/03/09 05:35 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

they are :awebig::mushroom2:

one hell of a trip:hypnotic:

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: amanita muscaria anyone? [Re: Salomon]
    #11193771 - 10/06/09 01:24 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

in all honesty i think you shouldnt be aloud to describe the effects first hand.

im sick of people going well i read this so yeah exactly ...

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisibler72rock
Maybe so. Maybe not.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Chicago Flag
Re: amanita muscaria anyone? [Re: thedudenj]
    #11194125 - 10/06/09 02:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Eh, I'd personally say that Amanita's are more of a delerient, but they are very close to dissociatves. (Delerients can be a sub-class of dissociatives)

I had delirious effects, and I'd recommend them. And from what other people have said here, I'd have to agree in saying that those stories of people dying from them are blown outta proportion.

--------------------
Current favorite candy: Peanut Butter Kisses

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: amanita muscaria anyone? [Re: r72rock]
    #11195142 - 10/06/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

id say they can be like XTC or pain killers or both at the same time in really high doses they can be more like DXM/K tho its really good when mixed in low dose with DXM. its totally not a delerient like datura tho and if your getting delerious from them your taking too much or have a bad batch. what year and season did you get them

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisiblestinkybritches
"surprise!"
Male

Loc: NY
    #11195248 - 10/06/09 05:08 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

dude

do you normally eat those yellow ones in you sig? those are the only kind i ever see around where i live in NY. I never see the red muscarias. im interested in trying them again.

InvisibleFunkMasterShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #11195344 - 10/06/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I have overdosed on amanita pantherina once before.. Here are a few pics of what they looked like in my area.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/images/archive/amanita_pantherina1.jpg
http://www.svims.ca/council/illust/Amanita%20pantherina%20group%201%20Catherine%20Ardrey.jpg
http://www.centrelothlorien.com/natuur/paddo/images/amanita%20pantherina01.jpg

The only muscaria i've seen in this area have been var formosa, far and few between.

At the time I overdosed, I thought the mushrooms could have been var formosa, but i assumed they were more likely pantherina..
Acording to wikipedia "Material described as A. pantherina in the Americas seems to belong to a number of distinct taxa only some of which have been described."

either way, i ate about 120 wet grams, and ended up in a coma, and nearly dead according to the doctors. I passed out in a chair, and leaned forward over the edge.. I lost feeling on the top of my left thigh for about 2 months, but the worste was having to smell pukey/mushroom/can-of-beans smell for about a month.. I was apparently puking out my nose, since my head was upside down..

anyway, it was just a bad scene.. (was up camping, and ate beans before ingesting mush-tea)..

theory, way overdosed..
apparently I had too much muscle protein flowing in my blood, and my kidneys nearly failed.
so..
uh..
Pantherina has a lot more of the Toxic compounds compared to Muscaria from what I've read/understand. So.. just don't OD, and stick with the red caps :o

--------------------
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side.

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

"Professional help is being thought." - Bill Hicks

It would be hilarious... if it wasn't so sad...

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: amanita muscaria anyone? [Re: FunkMasterShroom]
    #11195475 - 10/06/09 05:40 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

like the chunks in the top left corner that im eating now

--------------------

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: amanita muscaria anyone? [Re: stinkybritches]
    #11195686 - 10/06/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

They are Amanita Muscara Var Guessowii
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria_var._guessowii

look for the 3 concentric rings at the base.  Pantherinas also grow in the NE

Edited by cpw1971 (10/06/09 06:15 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract