Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenightbringer
shaman in training
Male User Gallery

To dry or not to dry?
    #11192642 - 10/06/09 10:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So I just got two fat cuttings in the mail and plan to start an acid/base extraction in the near future.

Does it make more sense to chop up and pre-dry the cactus or just throw it in fresh? I mean, doing it fresh would likely be less work for me, but is there some reason I'm not thinking of that makes dried cactus skin easier to work with? Any difference in potency?

It seems like all the videos and pics I have seen of the process involve dried powdered skin, so it got me wondering...

--------------------
OM MANI PADME HUM

Buddha of great compassion, hold me fast in your compassion. From time without beginning, beings have wandered in Samsara, undergoing unendurable suffering. They have no other protector than you. Please bless them that they may achieve the omniscient state of buddhahood.

With the power of evil karma gathered from beginningless time, sentient beings, through the force of anger, are born as hell beings and experience the suffering of heat and cold. May they all be born in your presence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: To dry or not to dry? [Re: nightbringer]
    #11192942 - 10/06/09 11:04 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It doesn't really matter. What I'd do is chop/blend the cactus up as much as possible, toss it into a pot and boil it for a bit, maybe add a bit of acid too. Boil it down until it for at least 20 minutes, but also boil it until it's at an easy to work with volume. I don't know how much cactus you have, so you be the judge of that. I'd think you'd want it to be not much more than a gallon, perhaps even half a gallon. From there it should be broken down enough to work with, and just proceed to follow the rest of your extraction tek. Should take an hour or two at best, much less time than drying it out only to rehydrate it again.

Offlinenightbringer
shaman in training
Male User Gallery

Re: To dry or not to dry? [Re: krypto2000]
    #11193581 - 10/06/09 12:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

this sounds like a great idea... thanks for the advice.

I've got at least two specimens (really chubby) going into this, maybe three if I decide to harvest one of my live plants (this one's kinda skinny). All told, I've got probably 5 1/2 feet worth total that can go into this batch.

--------------------
OM MANI PADME HUM

Buddha of great compassion, hold me fast in your compassion. From time without beginning, beings have wandered in Samsara, undergoing unendurable suffering. They have no other protector than you. Please bless them that they may achieve the omniscient state of buddhahood.

With the power of evil karma gathered from beginningless time, sentient beings, through the force of anger, are born as hell beings and experience the suffering of heat and cold. May they all be born in your presence.

Offlinenightbringer
shaman in training
Male User Gallery

#11194297 - 10/06/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

OK so something I have noticed is that pretty much every mescaline A/B tek I have seen puts the basifying stage before the acidifying stage, which is the opposite of DMT (generally speaking). Don't know the significance of that, but what I am getting at is: if you add acid to the cactus as you are boiling it, wouldn't that make things more complicated if you are going to add lye first... or are you suggesting just doing the acidifying first? I wouldn't think it matters which order you do it in, I am just trying to figure out how one would proceed after the boiling process.

--------------------
OM MANI PADME HUM

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#11194585 - 10/06/09 03:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

No, the order does matter. You want the mescaline basified before you add the solvent or else it won't go into the solvent. The reason I suggest acidifying it while boiling is that it might help to break down the cactus and free up the mescaline. After you boil it and let it cool add the lye to make it basic. You shouldn't need much more than normal as you won't be adding much acid at all.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger

#11194599 - 10/06/09 03:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The acid first...so the water/heat/acid will do the extracting for you<<<you can do this multiple times

Offlinenightbringer
shaman in training
Male User Gallery

#11196120 - 10/06/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

are there any parts of the cacti I'm going to want to discard besides the spines?

--------------------
OM MANI PADME HUM

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#11197909 - 10/06/09 11:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I can't remember. I think it might have a really tough core that you're going to want to throw out.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order