Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledr_gonz

Furthermore, if the tree of knowledge was "forbidden", WhyTF was it there?
    #11192650 - 10/06/09 12:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Seriously? Why even put a fucking "Tree of Knowledge" in the garden?

If God knew it all why would he need a tree to contain said knowledge?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Furthermore, if the tree of knowledge was "forbidden", WhyTF was it there? [Re: dr_gonz]
    #11192662 - 10/06/09 12:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

met

a

phor

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibledr_gonz

Re: Furthermore, if the tree of knowledge was "forbidden", WhyTF was it there? [Re: Icelander]
    #11192669 - 10/06/09 12:14 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

all this blasphemy will ensure you a place in hell :smile:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Furthermore, if the tree of knowledge was "forbidden", WhyTF was it there? [Re: dr_gonz]
    #11192681 - 10/06/09 12:16 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:satansmoking: Actually, I own the real estate.:hellfire:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineTheBalance
Boo! Duh.
 User Gallery

#11193695 - 10/06/09 03:14 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
    #11193976 - 10/06/09 03:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
Seriously? Why even put a fucking "Tree of Knowledge" in the garden?

If God knew it all why would he need a tree to contain said knowledge?

I think God ferments the fruit so he can drink himself into omnipotence.

--------------------
CLICKY!!!
!
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:
http://superftmn.deviantart.com/gallery/

OfflineMycoUnderground
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Suburban CO
Re: Furthermore, if the tree of knowledge was "forbidden", WhyTF was it there? [Re: Wasteland]
    #11194002 - 10/06/09 03:59 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Because that was the best the writers could come up with

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: Furthermore, if the tree of knowledge was "forbidden", WhyTF was it there? [Re: MycoUnderground]
    #11194010 - 10/06/09 04:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

A thousand years of different writers and translators, you'd think they would improve something along the way.

--------------------
CLICKY!!!
!
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:
http://superftmn.deviantart.com/gallery/

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Furthermore, if the tree of knowledge was "forbidden", WhyTF was it there? [Re: TheBalance]
    #11194257 - 10/06/09 04:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

the tree seems like a mataphor for growing up.

children see their parents as perfect, but the more they become like
their parents in age, thought, and actions, the more they see their parents, the world, and themselves as flawed, That nothing lasts, that they have evil in their hearts, then eventually they become parents themselves.  They try to protect their childrens innocence as long as they can, for it gives them the illusion of bringing something pure back into their lives.

Family perpetuation becomes tree-like, just as the direction of causes converge from infinate complexity towards a single effect, that system itself, a peice of complexity for an unending pattern.  surely the idea of an infinate, tree-shaped fractal would seem very burning, and devine to a bronze-age tribesman who regularly sacrifices sheep and was sexually mutilated as an infant to re-enact the actions of some guy who said it was Gods idea.

just sayin...  Moses might have seen fractals, which showed how certain causes reap dire effects.  Reason would suggest consequence in life for either social standing or conscience.  Conviction towards the devine faith in the god of abraham would suggest consequences beyond life, for it was gods covenant (a contract marked by the afformentioned sexual mutilation) that whatever is held true on earth, God shall hold true in heaven.

Moses was up there on mt. Sini for a long time, long enough to come down and find the hebrews acting like they just don't appreciate all that covenant stuff.
like adam and eve in the garden, they started making their own faiths, doing things that Moses found disgraceful,  And like in genisis, in Exodus, the fruit of the tree (tablets which gave wisdom of good and evil) were given to them, casting the "wicked" out.

Only the survivors know what really happened, and their all dead now, but I dont belive the tablets killed the infedels, I think the tablets acted as septres to a new king, appointed by god,  and the tablets were stowed in the ark of the covenant, and became the
coveted herirloom of royalty for eons to come.  probably still kicking around somewhere, melting nazis faces off and such.

I would not be surprised if the tale of genesis was written well after exodus. and was a parable to it.  To drive that "paradise lost" message into those who would doubt their God.  Fools and heretics and all that jazz.

Prayer is a funny thing, its just a little memorable phraze, weighted with words that elude to a quality.  say them enough and churchy stuff starts to strike a chord with you.

I think skeptisism can give a legitamacy to all these dregs of historical fables.  That however, amounts to heresy. To say mans creativity created these stories ammounts to man, eating the fruit of the tree, to become God.  and be cast from this garden of eden we call blind faith.

Like in the garden, we are forbidden the seed of creation that plants the tree, that becoimes the tree, and comes FROM the tree.  Perhaps it's an awakening of sorts, this eating of forbidden fruit, taking the trinity...
But it's dangerous enough to faith to be number 1 on the list of all sins.
It was dangerous enough to slaughter the gentle Cathars and burn a swath of superstition accross the pagan and regionally divergant clans of europe.
Heck, after a while, it wasn't even ok to be a jew anymore.

Rabbis do something christians do not.  they legitimize faith with skeptisism, they argue for hours on wheather Abraham was even a prophet at all.  Not my idea of spending a sabbath day, but more interesting than accepting scripture with abbandon.

All in all, the tree, the bush, you can't have christianity without it, its a permiating, recurring, image.  Like how a tree itself is made up of smaller, self-simmilar trees.  The fruit of these trees are the ends, the branches are the manifestation of changes, the roots are the original cause.  the source some call God. And in the fruit, the seed of creation.

The convolusion of different interpretations are all indicative of a branching tree.  Eve too the fruit from the tree because she thought she might make a good god.

Silly eve.  Now you can have the pain of a difficult childbirth, hope you're happy.
Now lets see how much better your kids turn out..... oh..... I see.
The tree grows on.  Still at the center of the garden. and we suffer a curse of being neither gods, nor innocent. 

I could jabber on about this all day,

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: Furthermore, if the tree of knowledge was "forbidden", WhyTF was it there? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #11194313 - 10/06/09 04:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Likely, Eve saw a snake, and the snake curled up under an amanita muscaria, and she picked it, so she could look closer at the snake, then she decided to eat the mushroom, then she tripped balls and when God asked her why she ate it, like all women, she blamed it on someone else,.. the snake...

Invisibledr_gonz

Re: Furthermore, if the tree of knowledge was "forbidden", WhyTF was it there? [Re: Fraggin]
    #11194320 - 10/06/09 04:54 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

good point.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology