Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Invisiblekoraks
Re: Mandatory Vaccinations Should be ILLEGAL [Re: Gumby]
    #11192171 - 10/06/09 07:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
Well shit on a stick. I never really looked into autism other than what I was taught in psych 101. I just read about it on wiki and I definitely display a lot of the symptoms but to a very mild extent.

I think that is true for many, if not most, men and perhaps women as well. And that is exactly the problem: there are no very clear, objective boundaries to disorders like autism. This 'open-endedness' allows for a drift in practices regarding diagnoses. In other words: as society changes, our definition of autism can change as well, which could very well contribute to the apparent increase in diagnosed cases.

Quote:

I would have done much more damage playing with the ball of mercury that came out of a broken blacklight than any vaccine would have done.

yup, the vapors coming off that ball can't be healthy. The ball in itself doesn't do much harm, btw. I know of several people who used to play with mercury, trying to combine smaller droplets into big balls and pushing them around surfaces and whatnot. Those people didn't look particularly autistic to me and sure as hell have never been diagnosed as such.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#11192255 - 10/06/09 08:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

And did anyone ever stop to think that maybe today's society is causing the higher rates of autism? Things are faster paced, there's information overload, kids have these insane toys nowadays that are much more sophisticated. You know what I used to play with?

This:

Nowadays kids have shit like this:

Has anyone tried studying the fact that the world is faster paced and more stimulating? That could dramatically effect the way a child develops.
Parents also tend to be a lot busier these days so they buy their children shit like computers, x-box, car eating remote control dinosaur robots, and Furbies to keep their kids occupied.

These days little kids come home from school, plop down in front of the TV and turn on the xbox. I used to come home, watch a cartoon or two, then go outside and play with my friends. Of course kids are going to have communication and social issues if they don't interact with people other than through a headset. What fucktard doesn't see a problem with that?

Pointing the finger at something that studies show isn't dangerous (mercury in vaccines) is a shitty parent's excuse for their shitty parenting and their child's resulting autism.

Maybe, just maybe, half-assed parenting could have something to do with it?

Invisiblekoraks
    #11192310 - 10/06/09 08:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, half-assed parenting could be in there as well, although I'm equally hesitant to point my finger at parents as at vaccines. However, that society has changed, is an indisputable fact, in my opinion, and the toys you posted are a good example. It doesn't end in childhood, though. In adulthood, we are expected to be highly productive, efficient, networking professionals. Autism doesn't really fit into that image, so if someone doesn't function as expected, an easy way out is to attach a label to that person that clearly shows what's obviously 'wrong' with him.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]