Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAdrianPsy
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Layers of reality
    #11191946 - 10/06/09 08:17 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone seen or felt this when tripping? I'd like to know if it's a purely personal experience or one shared by many.

It's extremely hard to describe what I'm talking about, but there is this certain sensation of "layers" of reality peeling back as each moment happens, yet what you are looking at stays the same. Each moment progresses forward into the present and the past has gone forever yet reality peels back from off itself...

Anyone?

--------------------

:mushroom2:    That's why I always recommend a psychedelic experience because it makes you realize that all you've learned is in fact just learned and not necessarily the truth. - Bill Hicks    :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
Re: Layers of reality [Re: AdrianPsy]
    #11192028 - 10/06/09 08:53 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

kind of felt this the other week actually. those awesome pm's i sent you while i was coming down pretty much cover what i was getting at.

do you mean kind of like a feeling/thought that comes and then leaves you, in an "infinite" yet still flowing amount of time, like "I'm eating chicken at Danny's house."

in an unperceivable amount of time, this just dissolves totally like it never happened, but you were really there "eating chicken at Danny's."

then next, you might be "watching a vase with a Chihuahua in it falling from the sky" etc etc... lol

this all changes, as you say from thought to thought or layer to layer, at a weird infinite unperceivable amount of time.

i hope you get me, lol:gethigh:

--------------------

Edited by Lucas89 (10/06/09 08:56 AM)

OfflineAdrianPsy
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Layers of reality [Re: Lucas89]
    #11192054 - 10/06/09 09:06 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah dude that's pretty much it! :laugh:

--------------------

:mushroom2:    That's why I always recommend a psychedelic experience because it makes you realize that all you've learned is in fact just learned and not necessarily the truth. - Bill Hicks    :mushroom2:

OfflineCaptainTrips
What better time than now?
Male

#11192245 - 10/06/09 10:24 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

You are most definitely not the only one :smile:

I mainly get it on salvia, but I've gotten it on Acid and shrooms a couple times as well.  I love reading reports of people trying to explain it, because it's like impossible to explain!

I remember one time on salvia I got a different version if it...I was stuck in between three different layers of "something" and it was just so intangible and it absolutely destroyed my mind haha.

--------------------
|| All that is now, all that is gone, all that's to come, and everything under the sun is in tune; the sun is eclipsed by the moon ||

Offlinenightbringer
shaman in training
Male User Gallery

Re: Layers of reality [Re: CaptainTrips]
    #11192607 - 10/06/09 11:59 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I know exactly what you are talking about...

And on 3-4 hits+ I tend to see several semi-transparent layers superimposed over everything in addition to the more abstract kaleidoscopic stuff.

--------------------
OM MANI PADME HUM

Buddha of great compassion, hold me fast in your compassion. From time without beginning, beings have wandered in Samsara, undergoing unendurable suffering. They have no other protector than you. Please bless them that they may achieve the omniscient state of buddhahood.

With the power of evil karma gathered from beginningless time, sentient beings, through the force of anger, are born as hell beings and experience the suffering of heat and cold. May they all be born in your presence.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

#11192632 - 10/06/09 12:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Look up Leary's 8 circuits of consciousness.

it explains this perfectly.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: Layers of reality [Re: JackofSpades]
    #11192643 - 10/06/09 12:09 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I had a pretty overwhelming trip with mushrooms that was rubbing this in my face while I was trying to not look stupid in public.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Columbus OH Flag
Re: Layers of reality [Re: OutThisLife]
    #11192758 - 10/06/09 12:34 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

On high dose salvia, i can litterally see and feel reality splitting and splitting into layers.

Some people think the neuro-computer interfacing of our future species will be very similar to a psychedelic trip.  Just being uploaded with the universe and such... it can get overwhelming:lol:

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Layers of reality [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11193119 - 10/06/09 01:38 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Some people think the neuro-computer interfacing of our future species will be very similar to a psychedelic trip.  Just being uploaded with the universe and such... it can get overwhelming:lol:

That sounds very interesting, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Care to elaborate? You mean the way computers will work, or that we'll have computers integrated into us and they'll work that way? Hmm... I really am not sure either way.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Columbus OH Flag
Re: Layers of reality [Re: krypto2000]
    #11193686 - 10/06/09 03:13 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

That sounds very interesting, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Care to elaborate? You mean the way computers will work, or that we'll have computers integrated into us and they'll work that way? Hmm... I really am not sure either way.

Our brain will be integrated via nano technology to have computer like capabilities as to access of knowledge, the internet so forth and so on.  We will be human beings, still breathing living creatures... but Human Being 2.0

You should read this book called "Programming and metaprogramming the human biocomputer" by Dr. John C Lilly.  Its an interesting read if you have the time...

Here a link to a text of the book http://www.futurehi.net/docs/Metaprogramming.html

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: Layers of reality [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11193916 - 10/06/09 03:46 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

hacking humans ftw

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience