Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Loc: Hawaii
A lucky day in Seattle
    #1119154 - 12/07/02 02:48 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I was just running an errond in a neighborhood in Queen Anne. Just as I was weaving through a well to do part of the neighborhood I glanced over in a yard and noticed what looked like prime growing territory for cys and what looked like curled up leaves in an area where there were no trees. I said no, it couldnt be, but stopped, and got out of the truck and said oh shit. I had never seen so many shrooms in one place. There were thick veins of them, and scattered clumps of them everywhere around. Some older ones were dried up from the younger ones underneath pushing them up out of the dirt. I grabbed a couple of them and thought I should go rethink a plan of attack. Neighbors were walking around in the morning hour besides I needed to go home to get the scissors and a bucket. I really didnt need so many but also couldnt pass up the opprotunity. I thought it would be better to wait until 11:00 am after the neighborhood would calm down and the homeowners would be at work or out. I got my 3 gallon bucket and scissors and headed back out to the neighborhood and just said the hell with it and just got down on my knees and started cuttin. I was hoping I would look like a gardener weeding someones lawn. Cut Cut Cut. It had been about 45 minutes and my bucket was getting full. I had mowed down just about the whole crop. I dont like dirt in my basket so I take pride in my trimmings. I dont want to disturb the mycellium. I dont like to eat dirt, I also had a bad experience washing them off where they got moldy. I was just about finished with them and close to the sidewalk when the next door neighbor pulled up and parked near me on the street. I stood up and streched not really knowing what to do with myself feeling awkward. She said Hi. I said hi. Oh are you doing work for Mrs. Soandso?, I said yea just cleaning up, as she glanced at my bucked she smiled and she went inside her house. I got back on my knees and quickly snipped up the rest of them thinking I may be pushing my luck. The bucket was up to the the 9 quart mark and I didnt want to really walk aroung this persons yard so I called it good and went home happy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJovialLeprechaun
reasonableperson
Re: A lucky day in Seattle [Re: wacked]
    #1119306 - 12/07/02 04:35 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

nice work bro!

--------------------
I am a reasonable person.

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: A lucky day in Seattle [Re: JovialLeprechaun]
    #1119734 - 12/07/02 01:29 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

nice work man, its good to hear your using the good scissor crop method. Shoulda snapped a few pics for our enjoyment, there is nothing like a pristine patch of cyans.

--------------------
stay off my land

OfflineRoger_Barrett
But you can callme Syd!

Loc: Kitsap County WA
Re: A lucky day in Seattle [Re: cardboard]
    #1119766 - 12/07/02 01:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The bucket was up to the 9 quart mark !!!!!

Now THAT'S a score!!!

Congrats! Seems a lot of the obvious places are well picked in Seattle from what I can tell. Yesterday, I was stopping at a place in West Seattle and just as I was getting ready to get out a dude in a red car zooms across the street and starts rifling through some mulch where I was going to go.. hahahaha!! I'm watching him pick and poke and I was tempted to say "how's your luck"?

I thought it would freak him out (probably a babd move not to say high!) and I just moved on.... hope you got luckly whoever you were!

Can you post some pix? I'd love to see em!

--------------------
The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way that I can understand.

Mazatec Shaman Maria Sabina

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: A lucky day in Seattle [Re: Roger_Barrett]
    #1120284 - 12/07/02 07:21 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

haha the red racer beat you to em eh, damn that red racer

--------------------
stay off my land

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: A lucky day in Seattle [Re: Roger_Barrett]
    #1121082 - 12/08/02 02:33 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Nice Find!

Yah, I'm always really surprised at how many people pick around here.  I'm always running into people at the park but I always say hi.  They've always been cool people.

Keep up the good work and have fun. :smile: 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification