Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecalishroomhunter
Stranger
Mycelium Growing From the Bottom of the jar to the top!
    #11187535 - 10/05/09 02:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hello everyone

im new to the forum and to fungas growing...

anyway the mycelium is growing from the bottom of the jar and growing up...ii found this very unusual..this is my second grow using the BRF method...the first grow i had great success but this current one gots me a little shaken because of the way the mycelium is growing awkwardly...

please dont be to harsh on me im a newbie to fungas growing :smile:

thanks again
cali

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

Re: Mycelium Growing From the Bottom of the jar to the top! [Re: calishroomhunter]
    #11187554 - 10/05/09 03:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

pictures? Just sounds like the fungUs just germinated on the bottom of the jar. nothing to worry about

Offlinecalishroomhunter
Stranger
Re: Mycelium Growing From the Bottom of the jar to the top! [Re: dkamp18]
    #11187603 - 10/05/09 03:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the response...

yea i found it very unusual..

i was really worrying i want a nice harvest..i got 18 jars that i already inculated and 1 got cantam and all the others are looking nice but are growing from the bottom up..they were inculated 2-3 wks ago and their like an inch or 2 from the bottom...the bottom is turning a nice complete white...they are in 1 pint widemouth jars so i exspect them to be fully colonized in 6-7 wks...

the strains im growing in these jars are
12 hawaiian
6 (i forgot the name LOL)

but i got to give a shout out to ralphster spores :smile: ur the best!

thanks again
cali

also i wont be able to post pics until a week becuase im leaving out of town....but i will once i get home if they are still need to diagnose something...

also i would like to speed up the colonization in the jars..so any advice on that would be great..

Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

Re: Mycelium Growing From the Bottom of the jar to the top! [Re: calishroomhunter]
    #11187737 - 10/05/09 03:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the only extra "speed" you can give them is optimal conditions.
temps 70-80. try not to go above 80 because as the mycelium colonizes it produces its own heat and the jars are very good at containing that heat.

so anything above 80 externally can get pretty hot on the inside, which decreases benefit and increases optimal conditions for contamination, especially bacterial growth

Offlinecalishroomhunter
Stranger
    #11189520 - 10/05/09 07:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

you are so helpful thanks alot...
how should i put regulate the heat...should i put a fish heater in a vase to reg temp?

thanks

Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

#11189870 - 10/05/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

unless your home gets below about 65 degrees you dont really have to worry about it. maybe put it in a shelf or a box above the refrigerator where it stays relatively warm.

but i wouldnt recommend leaving any unnecessary heating element on while out of town, just a liability in my opinion.

lower temps will only slow the mycelium a bit but really wont cause any harm. thats why you keep liquid or agar cultures in a refrigerator to slow the growth almost to a halt

Offlinecalishroomhunter
Stranger
    #11190556 - 10/05/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i wont leave it when im gone...but i was sayin when i got back..

its got me kindve worried because i exspect the jars to be fully colonized by 5-6wks and its 3wks now and they are not halfway yet...but im just hoping they finish well..

thanks so much for answering my questiosn...

i got one more...How long would you think it would take for a BRF 1 pint jar to fully colonize?

thanks again
cali

Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

#11190674 - 10/05/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

again it depends on the conditions, but being halfway at 3 weeks, you could expect maybe 2-3 more.

maybe a couple days less since the mycelium expands faster as the individual "islands" mate

Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

#11190744 - 10/05/09 10:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

and a good way to incubate at the proper temps is to get something like a rubbermaid tub and a terrarium heating pad or coil and place it on one side of the tub, and the jars on the other side.

make sure to get a thermostat controller that is compatible with the heat element. THEY CAN GET HOT!

all of that u can get at a local feed store or pet store or even at some lowes or home depot.

but to keep things simple and cheap just place the jars in a box in a warm dark corner of your room. the top of a closet wrapped in a blanket works if you live with someone not too saavy with your hobby, lol.

Invisibleratdog
wild capture trader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado mount. top
    #11190815 - 10/05/09 10:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dkamp18 said:
the only extra "speed" you can give them is optimal conditions.
temps 70-80. try not to go above 80 because as the mycelium colonizes it produces its own heat and the jars are very good at containing that heat.

so anything above 80 externally can get pretty hot on the inside, which decreases benefit and increases optimal conditions for contamination, especially bacterial growth

good advice u see i use an incubator real precise one and have it set at 78.5 degf . at first with it full it would cut on and off all the time to keep warm but now 3-4 days into run it might cut on 1 time for 5 sec. in an hour. the little buggers are keeping them selves warm. ahh and ambient temp is 74 deg f.

soooooo. do as the man says and like i do cuz i get 1 gal jars 100% in 4-5 days with g2g.

good luck.

--------------------
some people just don't get it:spank:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11241796
so here is a video or two or three for you guys:rolleyes:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale