Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenickfreezerbag
Carpenter/Artist
Male User Gallery

To Sclerotia or not to Sclerotia
    #11189926 - 10/05/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So is any one else psyched about Sclerotia? I know I am!
My buddy came over with some chocolate candy with bits of Sclerotia in it and we chowed on a few and I was amazed at how clean it feels to eat them. By clean I mean not having to scarf down mushies and getting that unique taste(which i personally don't mind but some don't enjoy). It was just as if eating normal chocolate candy and then the trip comes on later. There are 3 things I would like to say about Sclerotia.

Sclerotia of Psilocybe tampanensis -
(Pic borrowed from Anno)

1) They taste like peanuts which opens a whole variety of delectables that our fellow shroomerite cooks can work with :wink:

2) They seem incredibly easy to cultivate

3) If you are looking for a stealth grow then these are perfect. You can easily hide your grow away since they stay in your jars the whole time until they are ready.  :gangsta:

So why aren't we growing these?

1) They are running out as I see at sporeworks mainly because it takes more work than cubes to get the strains that produce Sclerotia(Psilocybe mexicana, Psilocybe tampanensis, Psilocybe atlantis a strain of P. mexicana) to fruit.

2)Nobody wants to show up with some cruddy looking crunchies in substitute for the nice familiar looking mushrooms we are used to seeing.  :2girls1cup:

3) They are a bit more expensive.

I think that growing sclerotia would be perfect for noobs but typically  they want the satisfaction of seeing their projects growing into big beautiful shrooms that they can marvel at and put in a zip-lock baggy smile at their first try at growing a psychoactive mushroom.

So basically all I want to say is that I see a lot of potential for sclerotia and I hope I see some truffle filled chocolates floating around out there.:wink:

Psilocybe mexicana-

Edited by nickfreezerbag (10/05/09 08:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: To Sclerotia or not to Sclerotia [Re: nickfreezerbag]
    #11190139 - 10/05/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well just deleted my whole post so don't feel like typing it all again. But what I was saying was that most noobies start with cubes but the novelty wears off kinda quick, not that cubes are not fun to grow, they are, but there are tons of strains out there and sclerotia are so cool, just takes patience. Sclerotia is second on my to grow list, right behind albino PE, speaking of that, anyone have any sclerotia producing strains they would want to trade with me? Sorry for the threadjack OP, good thread and good question to answer.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

OfflineLeap
Lurker
Male User Gallery

Re: To Sclerotia or not to Sclerotia [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11190554 - 10/05/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds amazing!

--------------------
:thumbup: Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? :mushroom2:

October PES HW Grow

My thread on Sleep Paralysis - Please contribute!

The smell of sunshine, I remember sometimes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder