Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
My Fruiting Chambers (Altered PMPs) Aeroponic mushroom setup??? W/pics
    #11189072 - 10/05/09 08:27 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

at first i made 2 FCs based on the PMP, but using lava rocks instead of geolite. the lava rocks ended up being a complete bitch to use, so i threw them out and thought up something a little different, but still based on the PMP. i dont know if a tek/idea like this has been posted, or if anyone has ever done this, i just wanted to share my idea. the conditions are dead on, and i think this would be a great and easy FC to build, especially for noobs like me.

i have 2 tubs, each with 2 bubble wands hooked up to 1 air pump (with 4 outlets) and 1 jar in each corner of both FCs. on top of the jars i put a steel screen which is what the cakes will be sitting on. just gotta wait for the cakes to finish, add water and a little H202 into the tubs and ill be on my way to pickin some mushrooms :omgawesome:

just wanted to share this and get some kind of response.

Click here to see my grow log

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Edited by PilzeEssen (10/05/09 08:28 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: My Fruiting Chambers (Altered PMPs) Aeroponic mushroom setup??? W/pics [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #11189171 - 10/05/09 08:41 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

eh i guess it isnt that special :blush:

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
Re: My Fruiting Chambers (Altered PMPs) Aeroponic mushroom setup??? W/pics [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #11189248 - 10/05/09 08:54 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

without something in there to disrupt the bubble flow, and wick the moisture into the air, the bottoms of your cakes are going to get saturated

and you need some exhaust ports in those, stuffed with polyfil or something similar or your entire FC will become saturated

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: My Fruiting Chambers (Altered PMPs) Aeroponic mushroom setup??? W/pics [Re: just me]
    #11189457 - 10/05/09 09:22 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

i was going to put the cakes on the jar lids.

i guess tomorrow i go out and find some polyfil and try to figure out the right sized hole(s)...

--------------------

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#11189485 - 10/05/09 09:26 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

2 - 1" or 1 1/2" i cant remember on the lid, stuffed with poly fixed any problems i had with moisture build up, and nearly eliminated a need to fan.

it would be WAY cool to wire up some TINY fan on a timer...

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

OfflinePilzeEssen

#11189510 - 10/05/09 09:29 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

would you suggest me putting the holes on the top or the side ends of the tubs? and are you saying make 2 holes that are 1" or 1.5" in diameter?

i figured i would have to fan it, but i might try the polyfill in the holes method. i wish i knew where to get a mini and timer... that would be sweet. ill keep my eyes out, so future grows ill have a nice high tech setup.

--------------------

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#11189586 - 10/05/09 09:43 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

fully automated.
its a GH tub

holes in the top worked fine for me.

i dont know the science behind it, just know it took care of my wet, stale air FC. which is what the pmps do without exhaust. ime

for a little i had another air pump tubed in on the side ends of the tub. keep air circulating.

didnt help much. the holes with polyfil did

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: My Fruiting Chambers (Altered PMPs) Aeroponic mushroom setup??? W/pics [Re: just me]
    #11189627 - 10/05/09 09:50 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

sorry but what does "GH tub" stand for?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation