Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Do you love everything? [Re: AdrianPsy]
    #11191121 - 10/05/09 11:42 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I have a question, one that I implied but you merely suggested that there is something wrong with me.
In fact it seems that anyone that disagrees with you has something that is wrong with them? whatever, maybe not.

Do you really love those who are greedy and action upon action prove they care not for the well being of the planet?

Why? why would you show them any love, those who prove constantly they care not for you, or anyone elses future.

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: Do you love everything? [Re: Thisfire]
    #11191180 - 10/05/09 11:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I read through, and no I don't think everyone should be like me. But I don't see the reasoning for not loving somebody; I guess we both have that, though. I have my facts and you have yours.

I just know everybody can be "enlightened" - and I am willing to give it a shot.

Even if you disagree w/ me, I <3 you.

I hate their actions, not them.

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Do you love everything? [Re: OutThisLife]
    #11191205 - 10/06/09 12:07 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well okay, I guess I can respect that.

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

OfflineAcid_Raindrops
We're all mad here.

Re: Do you love everything? [Re: yevonite]
    #11191414 - 10/06/09 01:17 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

yevonite said:
Quote:

OutThisLife said:
You're thinking too much. That's okay though, I suppose. It's very easy to show somebody what they're doing is wrong and have them beg for some kind of forgiveness; then you tell them to not do that. You tell them to just lead their life without hatred from there on.

You're just not trying. You're assuming, you're sitting around doing nothing but thinking.

First let me state, that I don't have anything against you at all. In fact, I do come to love most people I meet. That's because it's not people I don't like, it's the things that the DO that I sometimes don't like. And since what one does defines a person, too many bad actions could lead to me disliking a person.

Now, I'm disappointed that you said I am thinking to much. Not because I feel like you insulted me, but because I feel like people don't think enough. People don't use their brains a lot of the time.
It seems to me a disgrace with  people don't use their ability to think. We're smart creatures, but so many of us like to be stupid. And I'm not calling anyone here stupid.

And no, it's not always "very easy" to show someone they are doing something wrong. Some people are so submerged in their way of things, so deep into their own rabbit hole, that they will never change, ever, no matter what you say. I don't know where you live, but I'm pretty sure you consider the plane crashes into the twin towers to be immoral, wrong. Now try telling the people that organized that to never do it again. People don't change just because you tell them something. Even your close friends. Through example and time people can change, and sometimes they need the push but it has to be their own initiative to change.

And finally, when you say that I am not trying, that I'm just sitting around and doing nothing but thinking, this bothers me to the core. It doesn't offend me, and it doesn't make me dislike you, but it greatly concerns me.
Why? Because don't you think that statement in itself is a HUGE assumption? I lead a life far more productive and inspiring than most people do. I say to others what I believe they need to hear and I listen to others for what I need to hear. I do what I believe believe down to my heart and soul to be right. I avoid mindless conversation and I avoid regression. I always push forward. I try to change the world as much as I can, and I do that by what I can change immediately around me.
Yes, I am always thinking, but I'm not always sitting. Instead I'm thinking and doing.

I get what you are trying to do, and I think its a good cause, but simply proclaiming Love is all won't do what you want it to. Spread your uniqueness, live a life of proactivity, and love without holding back. But don't hold back to opposing the things you disagree with and don't love. Again, I get what you are trying to do, and I respect it, but there is far more to leading life than Love.

Agreed.

OfflineSellith
The False Dawn
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Void Flag
Re: Do you love everything? [Re: AdrianPsy]
    #11191808 - 10/06/09 04:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting to see all these different opinions about the subject...
I changed my mind! Let's find bliss in ignorance and just looooooove!!

Ok, maybe not.

--------------------

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: Do you love everything? [Re: elementswrath]
    #11192215 - 10/06/09 08:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

elementswrath said:
Quote:

OutThisLife said:
Yet you sit around and watch them continue in their confused mindset? Yet you don't try to change anything from within these people? You just assume they're stuck? Or you assume they actually believe what they're doing is right? Hmph.

that's the thing, there doing all this knowing fully what they are doing.
people don't give a shit and care for something as illusion as money.
there are good people in this world.
but it's the rotten ones in the bunch that ruin the beauty of the picture.

do you think there is none who gave such a view point as i have?
it has been don many times but people don't listen.
i don't conform to violence so if you got any valid ideas i would love to hear them.

Not so. I bet you gave them 4 grams and left them alone in the woods they would come back humbled. People can change. Don't judge them for who they are in their state of ignorance. Why not devote your life to awakening humanity?

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Re: Do you love everything? [Re: Poptart]
    #11192304 - 10/06/09 08:43 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You were insulted when I said that you thought too much, why? You know that thinking too much on something is a bad thing, I know you've thought about that before.

I'm a thinker too, and doing it all the time just leads to negativity.

OfflinelillFish
Daydreamer
Female User Gallery

Loc: Recliner Flag
    #11192360 - 10/06/09 08:56 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Love everything? Doesn't mindfulness and compassion make more sense? I love my boyfriend, I would do anything for him, but I do not love everything. Love is something I reserve for few things. Gosh, love is a worn out word these days... Anyway, on the other hand, I believe once you have experienced ego-loss, you become more compassionate and mindful of others. It's so hard to practice mindfulness when there is so much negative influence in the world. I hope that one day I will find my place so that I wont be worrying about the disease that is humanity any longer. I just want to live life for me, expand and fully embrace the human experience. Well... yeah. :smile:

--------------------
My Wish & Trade list

OfflineLifeLike
Best Hope for Humanity
Male

Loc: 4th Dimension
    #11192377 - 10/06/09 08:59 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This guy thinks he is better than everyone who doesn't agree with him because he has this idea to change the world with a 4 paragraph internet blog.

:rofl:

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Re: Do you love everything? [Re: LifeLike]
    #11192560 - 10/06/09 09:46 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LifeLike said:
This guy thinks he is better than everyone who doesn't agree with him because he has this idea to change the world with a 4 paragraph internet blog.

:rofl:

No, and if that's what you got out of it then I'm sorry.

Offlineastrogenic
Stranger
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #11192574 - 10/06/09 09:49 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think only God can love unconditionally. There is no end to his love. It's not like I can be God and be unharmed by society. What's there to love about getting shot by a gun or dealing with every day life annoyances? I think that's where the ego comes in and of course, learning how to effectively deal with a situation by balancing love and ego.

--------------------
:1up: :regularshroom: :poison:

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Re: Do you love everything? [Re: astrogenic]
    #11192639 - 10/06/09 10:08 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

astrogenic said:
I think only God can love unconditionally. There is no end to his love. It's not like I can be God and be unharmed by society. What's there to love about getting shot by a gun or dealing with every day life annoyances? I think that's where the ego comes in and of course, learning how to effectively deal with a situation by balancing love and ego.

You are god, though. You're your own god in a system of gods.

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Do you love everything? [Re: Sellith]
    #11192717 - 10/06/09 10:24 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

VoidMasamune said:
No, I'm actually rather serious.
I hate humanity - they're messing with my planet, they're ignorant and ugly... What is there not to hate? ...If you want to see nature, they will murder trees and print a colorful picture of nature on it.

Love isn't everything... I prefer knowledge and direct experience shared with the people you are attuned to during philosophical conversation in deep forests on herbal psychedelics.

Love is everything. All the things you just complained about would be completely eradicated if humans could learn universal love and compassion for everything. Everything would be Utopian and love is the ONLY way to obtain the type of society hippies like me dream about.

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Fungus-induced enlightenment.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

:aum: Peace :peace:, Love :heart:, and Light :psychsplit: :aum:

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
Re: Do you love everything? [Re: Poptart]
    #11192751 - 10/06/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:
Quote:

elementswrath said:
Quote:

OutThisLife said:
Yet you sit around and watch them continue in their confused mindset? Yet you don't try to change anything from within these people? You just assume they're stuck? Or you assume they actually believe what they're doing is right? Hmph.

that's the thing, there doing all this knowing fully what they are doing.
people don't give a shit and care for something as illusion as money.
there are good people in this world.
but it's the rotten ones in the bunch that ruin the beauty of the picture.

do you think there is none who gave such a view point as i have?
it has been don many times but people don't listen.
i don't conform to violence so if you got any valid ideas i would love to hear them.

Not so. I bet you gave them 4 grams and left them alone in the woods they would come back humbled. People can change. Don't judge them for who they are in their state of ignorance. Why not devote your life to awakening humanity?

so i will drug people and put them in the woods?
sounds like a looong job.:lol:
and they say ignorance is bliss, more like a job well unspent.
other than that i do try to make people realize, just lots aren't willing to listen.

OfflineSellith
The False Dawn
Female User Gallery

Re: Do you love everything? [Re: TheMerryGangster]
    #11192767 - 10/06/09 10:35 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:

Love is everything. All the things you just complained about would be completely eradicated if humans could learn universal love and compassion for everything. Everything would be Utopian and love is the ONLY way to obtain the type of society hippies like me dream about.

Good, go ahead and love stuff... Meanwhile, I'll keep hating the ones that don't.

Then when hippies become the standard and there is nothing left to hate, I will still hold dearly the beauty I see in negativity without hating.

--------------------

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Re: Do you love everything? [Re: Sellith]
    #11192870 - 10/06/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

VoidMasamune said:
Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:

Good, go ahead and love stuff... Meanwhile, I'll keep hating the ones that don't.

Then when hippies become the standard and there is nothing left to hate, I will still hold dearly the beauty I see in negativity without hating.

I didn't need your permission haha, you have fun with that outlook :cheers:

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

OfflineProtoman
Lost
Male

#11192931 - 10/06/09 11:02 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

To love all is to blindly walk though life. To dream of a Utopian society is just that, a dream and only a dream. Life experiences are created out of "love" and "hate. We learn and teach through many means, don't limit yourself. I don't love everything around me, I save my love for what I believe truly deserves it, though my belief is my opinion, and so is my love.
What I try to do is understand, and appreciate, all that is around me. To know why people act the way they do. I'm not going to try and change a beings way of perception though frivolous words, instead  do my best to know why they are the way they are and if they learn something from me then awesome because I certainly learned from them. A world full of hippy ass "love everything brah" is extremely horrible to think about, it would get very old very fast. Life is created though a multitude of experiences and feelings, to deny any is to dilute yourself.
Although, dilution isn't necessarily a bad thing I just believe it causes to much focus on only one aspect of life.

--------------------
"Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less. One is always living a little more or dying a little bit." -Norman Mailer

OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

Re: Do you love everything? [Re: Protoman]
    #11193034 - 10/06/09 11:22 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

GROUP HUG!  :w0ahhhhmahnnn:

OfflineSellith
The False Dawn
Female User Gallery

Re: Do you love everything? [Re: TheMerryGangster]
    #11193042 - 10/06/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:
I didn't need your permission haha, you have fun with that outlook :cheers:

I didn't mean to sound hostile, it wasn't sarcasm either... Like I mentioned before:

Quote:

VoidMasamune said:
I'm not trying to bash your point of view though, if the entire world would be more like what you describe it would improve... Less preconceptions.
Until then (and probably after that too if it where the case to ever happen) it's just not for me.

Just to clear up any possible misunderstandings, friend. :smile:

I respect what you stand for as well.

--------------------

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Re: Do you love everything? [Re: Protoman]
    #11193072 - 10/06/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Protoman said:
To love all is to blindly walk though life. To dream of a Utopian society is just that, a dream and only a dream. Life experiences are created out of "love" and "hate. We learn and teach through many means, don't limit yourself. I don't love everything around me, I save my love for what I believe truly deserves it, though my belief is my opinion, and so is my love.
What I try to do is understand, and appreciate, all that is around me. To know why people act the way they do. I'm not going to try and change a beings way of perception though frivolous words, instead  do my best to know why they are the way they are and if they learn something from me then awesome because I certainly learned from them. A world full of hippy ass "love everything brah" is extremely horrible to think about, it would get very old very fast. Life is created though a multitude of experiences and feelings, to deny any is to dilute yourself.
Although, dilution isn't necessarily a bad thing I just believe it causes to much focus on only one aspect of life.

There is negative and there is positive, yin and yang, there is a balance. I know in order for there to be good there must be evil, for love there is hate. 'Loving everything' isn't summed up to what you believe that means, it's a way of life.

Walk through life knowing that everyone is on a different path and respecting this fact, hoping everyone finds everything they wanted to out of this world even if you don't understand it, helping whoever you can whenever you can, connecting spiritually and emotionally, do your best to listen and understand, being aware of how others are feeling and doing what you can to make them feel better if necessary, these are acts of love, this is loving, this doesn't mean I don't get angry, frustrated, or negative - that's human. Doing your best to stay rational and understanding is hard, but worthwhile.

All I know is since I've done my best to be light and love for whoever I may interact with in a given day, I've experienced the best streak of good and positive energy in my life I could have ever hoped for.

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Herbal healing.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom