Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Wanted: Pot Critic with Shrewd Taste and Medical Need...[CO]
    #11184507 - 10/05/09 12:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

New York Times October 4th, 2009

Don’t look for phrases like “insouciant yet skunky.” At least, not yet.

Westword, an alternative weekly newspaper in Denver, has the standard lineup of film, food and music critics. But in what may be a first for American journalism, the paper is shopping around for a medical marijuana critic.

The idea is not to assess the green stuff itself, but to review the dispensaries that have sprouted like, um, weeds in Denver this year.

“We want to see what kind of place it is, how well they care for you and also how sketchy the place is,” said Patricia Calhoun, editor of Westword. “Do they actually look at your medical marijuana card? Do they let you slip some cash under the counter and bypass the rules?”

Last week, the paper published a call for a regular freelance reviewer with a real, doctor-certified medical need — asking each candidate to send a résumé and an essay on “What Marijuana Means to Me” — and received several dozen applications within a few days.

“Every time an application comes in, it’s like opening a little birthday present, because most of them are quite hilarious,” Ms. Calhoun said.

Coloradans voted in 2000 to legalize medical marijuana, but the dispensaries boomed this year, after the state decided against taking a restrictive view of the law and the Obama administration decided to end federal raids on state-sanctioned businesses.

“It is the wild west of medical marijuana out here,” Ms. Calhoun said. “There were a couple of dozen dispensaries this spring, and now it’s over 100. We just heard there’s going to be a drive-through dispensary.”

Dispensaries promote different strains with distinctive flavors — there are, after all, marijuana snobs just as there are wine snobs — and some mix their wares into foods like hummus, pesto and chocolate. So why not critique the cannabis, too?

“It could well be that we will be reviewing the product itself, eventually,” she said.

The job posting has drawn national attention, to which she said dryly, “This is our dream, to be known as the pothead paper.” In the alt-weekly world, competition for that title would be fierce.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepasucks
Stranger
Male

Loc: pennsyltuckey
Re: Wanted: Pot Critic with Shrewd Taste and Medical Need...[CO] [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11185037 - 10/05/09 04:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

“Do they actually look at your medical marijuana card? Do they let you slip some cash under the counter and bypass the rules?”

So they are just basically trying to get negative info on the dispensaries to show how evil they are ?  I would never trust the media something seems fishy. notice how they don't give any examples of good things just bad but I hope I'm wrong cause if i am that will be one more way of bringing the beautiful herb out of the closet and into mainstream media.

“It is the wild west of medical marijuana out here"

Can someone tell this dumb cunt that the wild west was  Guns, Booze, Robbery, and Poker.
not a boom of medical clinics and medicine.

Edited by pasucks (10/05/09 04:48 AM)

InvisibleDug a Sprogie
eeeeee
Male

Loc: California
Re: Wanted: Pot Critic with Shrewd Taste and Medical Need...[CO] [Re: pasucks]
    #11185055 - 10/05/09 04:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

They ask for everyone's ID every single time. These attempts at putting down a great medicine baffle me to say the least

OfflineSS32
Stranger

Loc: elsewhere
Re: Wanted: Pot Critic with Shrewd Taste and Medical Need...[CO] [Re: Dug a Sprogie]
    #11188593 - 10/05/09 05:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

On the other side of the coin, they could be ensuring that the dispensaries are following the rules so there's no reason to have them shut down

--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: Wanted: Pot Critic with Shrewd Taste and Medical Need...[CO] [Re: SS32]
    #11189664 - 10/05/09 07:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SS32 said:
On the other side of the coin, they could be ensuring that the dispensaries are following the rules so there's no reason to have them shut down

Exactly. If too many places are shut down, it is more likely they could possibly, someday, reverse the legality of pot.

If pot is going to be legal in any way, then we have to adhere strictly to the rules, as SS32 said. If dispensaries are shut down, then the oppoesers of marijuana have just evidence that legal marijuana invites criminal behavior and other ill side effects.

:shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom