Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinewalletJoker
AspiringPsilophile
 User Gallery

bulk spawn calcs
    #11187742 - 10/05/09 05:32 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I have bags that hold about 4 quarts when 1/3 full.

Let's say I wanted to colonize 100 bags each containing 3 quarts of pasteurized horse manure substrate.

Assuming a 3:1 ratio of manure to spawn, I would need 25 bags of rye berry spawn.

Using RR's method, ~12 contam free jars of spawn would be needed to knock up the 25 bags.

Does this sound about right?

How much LC will I need per jar?

Can anyone give me an idea of how long these steps will take?  I have never inoculated rye berries before.  I will be using RR's tek.

--------------------
xxx..I Learned Something..xxx

"The greater the intelligence of a person, the greater his capacity to do the most stupid thing imaginable."
    Chinedu Nebo (of the Ebo tribe of Nigeria)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavik
Re: bulk spawn calcs [Re: walletJoker]
    #11187864 - 10/05/09 05:49 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Is it that important that you grow in the bags? A couple large tubs will get you a long way, with much less math:

That was accomplished with 1-5lb bag of rye berries & 10lbs manure.. I could have easily doubled that in this tub, the sub was far too shallow. Even given that.. 4 flushes, 28g's cracker dry each.. = qp

How much do you need to grow?

Anyways.. all math aside.. nocing up from LC to rye bags should happen fairly quickly (depending on the amount of spawn), I do 2cc's LC to every 2-3lb of spawn personally, a little more for 5lb bags.. full colonization of spawn 7-14 days. (I have no such luck with MS injections.. others do).

I have made LC from a print and it grew really quick.. a little over a week and I used it for a bunch of projects.

--------------------

OfflinewalletJoker
AspiringPsilophile
 User Gallery

Re: bulk spawn calcs [Re: Herbal_Elixer]
    #11187954 - 10/05/09 06:01 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I guess I don't have to use bags.  I just figured this would be a good way to keep from putting all of my eggs in one basket.  I will be constructing a room similar to this one soon and I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get all of that substrate ready.

--------------------
xxx..I Learned Something..xxx

"The greater the intelligence of a person, the greater his capacity to do the most stupid thing imaginable."
    Chinedu Nebo (of the Ebo tribe of Nigeria)

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavik
Re: bulk spawn calcs [Re: Herbal_Elixer]
    #11187992 - 10/05/09 06:08 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Don't get me wrong.. I have seen many bulk bag grows on here, and that is fine. I am just a tub man.. lol. And the main reason why.. I am still not doing all that math right now..lol. Also, for me, there is more room for error in prepping so many small things versus a few large ones. I guess you could also do it in stages, 10 at a time or something.. in the end you would have like a "sea of green" method for shrooms.. a constant smaller supply, that lasts a long while.

So, either way.. Good Luck & Happy Growing!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation