Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

United States of McDonalds. Cancer rates?
    #11186810 - 10/05/09 12:45 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

a visualization of the contiguous United States, colored by distance to the nearest domestic McDonald’s.....prepare to be horrified

did you know that the rate of lung cancer / lung cancer mortality is worse in the united states then it is an italy...lookey here.....

:whoah:

BUT WAIT NUGGETPOUCH!.... aren't there more smokers per person in Italy then in the United States....???

the answer is yes....in Italy smoking is far more common and more socially acceptable then in the US.

really makes you wonder how many different people are trying to kill you for profit... now im ranting , but it all links together.

soooo many McDonalds....what all began as a mission to sell a good burger for a good buck has quickly transformed into a global octopus commanding an army of hypnotized citizens...

i really do wonder if these staggering cancer statistics are so disproportionate because of the way we preserve and make our cheap & nasty mutant fast foods.

don't get me wrong, sadly i will confess that I do enjoy the nasty stuff (secretly wishing i had a bigmac right now)  .... but that doesn't mean i dont wish mcdonalds to go away forever!

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: United States of McDonalds. Cancer rates? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #11186834 - 10/05/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

wait... what does mcdonalds have to do with lung cancer?
the united states is alot more industrial than italy (or so my educated guess would lead me to believe)... maybe this has something to do with it?
and thats not the rate at which people get cancer, its the rate at which they DIE from cancer.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflineFrost
Inside a locked room
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
    #11186836 - 10/05/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I've smoked cigarettes after eating McDonalds before.

--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

Re: United States of McDonalds. Cancer rates? [Re: twighead]
    #11186850 - 10/05/09 12:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yeah exactly, but lung cancers is one of the cancers that is quite often ends up being fatal. italy has the same kind of surgeries we do to remove tumors. these are all unstable variables.

mcdonalds may have a lot to with lung cancer for all we know at this point in time.... anything from carcinogens on the grease used in the wax-like paper icnreasing the rate of cancer call production to all these mcdonalds and burgerkinds and kfcs simply plaguing the air when cooking this nasty stuff.....

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Edited by Nuggetpouch (10/05/09 12:52 PM)

Offlinedruqs
ALKALOIDOHOLIC
 User Gallery

#11186858 - 10/05/09 12:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

is it not becuase fat people are more likely to get all types of cancer?

OfflineMchaggis
cawbstawmper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Bama Ghost Country Flag
Re: United States of McDonalds. Cancer rates? [Re: Frost]
    #11186865 - 10/05/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

OP you frighten me

especially with that creepy ronald mcdonald picture.
Quote:

Frost said:
I've smoked cigarettes while eating McDonalds before.

Has anyone ever considered the possibility of Mcdonald's food containing mood-altering dr00gz?

--------------------
I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

Re: United States of McDonalds. Cancer rates? [Re: druqs]
    #11186869 - 10/05/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mycelismymind said:
is it not becuase fat people are more likely to get all types of cancer?

this is true also.... its commonly accepted that the generally un-healthier you are the more susceptible you are to diseases in your organs... but once again we can point the blame back at the evil mcdonalds clown

--------------------

Edited by Nuggetpouch (10/05/09 12:54 PM)

Offlinedruqs
ALKALOIDOHOLIC
 User Gallery

#11186884 - 10/05/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

can we not point the blame at fat people?
it's more fun...

Invisiblekoraks
    #11186890 - 10/05/09 12:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
the united states is alot more industrial than italy

On what data do you base that statement? There's quite a bit of manufacturing going on in Italy. I think it's mostly focused on meeting local and European demand, so it's possible that in the US, you don't hear that much of it. But that doesn't mean it isn't there. There's zillions of Italian manufacturing firms in the clothes, food machinery and defense industries, just to name a few.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: United States of McDonalds. Cancer rates? [Re: Mchaggis]
    #11186909 - 10/05/09 12:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mchaggis said:
Has anyone ever considered the possibility of Mcdonald's food containing mood-altering dr00gz?

It's called high-fructose corn syrup. Sugars give the brain extra energy and a rush, which can lead to a subsequent bottoming-out and cravings for more...

BTW: I don't think that they are consciously trying to kill us in a sense, so much as the deaths are collateral damage from a campaign to maximize profit, to ever-increase quarterly profits, to get "buy recommendations" from analysts, in order to appease shareholders...

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: United States of McDonalds. Cancer rates? [Re: Frost]
    #11186911 - 10/05/09 12:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Frost said:
I've smoked cigarettes after eating McDonalds before.

how did you manage to survive

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

Re: United States of McDonalds. Cancer rates? [Re: koraks]
    #11186914 - 10/05/09 01:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
There's zillions of Italian manufacturing firms in the clothes, food machinery and defense industries, just to name a few.

QFT

and it really seems to make the most sense at this point to blame the food and/or the air we breathe.

--------------------

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#11186920 - 10/05/09 01:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The disparity could be due to an extremely large range of variables as i see it, one that i think would be most prominent in mortality rate between Italy and the US would be the health care pay systems (i.e. can't afford it in the US you're out of luck.).

i wouldn't disagree that it probably doesn't help your chances with cancer but hey, even italy has a quite prominent mcdonalds base itself.

or perhaps its the walmarts, just as prominent as mcdonalds spreading the cancer in the US :tongue:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Offlinedruqs
ALKALOIDOHOLIC
 User Gallery

#11186932 - 10/05/09 01:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

we don't get the crisp mcbacon over here..

someone mail me one.

Invisiblekoraks
    #11186942 - 10/05/09 01:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
i wouldn't disagree that it probably doesn't help your chances with cancer but hey, even italy has a quite prominent mcdonalds base itself.

Due to the changes in lifestyle, as we have seen to some extent in Japan and we are currently witnessing in China and Korea, I expect that the incidence and mortality of these 'Western' diseases will increase in Italy as well.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#11186949 - 10/05/09 01:05 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

twighead said:
the united states is alot more industrial than italy

On what data do you base that statement? There's quite a bit of manufacturing going on in Italy. I think it's mostly focused on meeting local and European demand, so it's possible that in the US, you don't hear that much of it. But that doesn't mean it isn't there. There's zillions of Italian manufacturing firms in the clothes, food machinery and defense industries, just to name a few.

Oh i'm aware that Italy is a very highly industrialized nation, simply from having been to both countries I visually noticed much more industry, especially chemical in nature, in the united states :shrug: places like LA, spokane, lewiston, make Italy's air look great. And another speculative statement: but I believe the industry of Italy is more strictly regulated emissions wise, than the US.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Invisiblekoraks
    #11187000 - 10/05/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
Oh i'm aware that Italy is a very highly industrialized nation, simply from having been to both countries I visually noticed much more industry, especially chemical in nature, in the united states :shrug: places like LA, spokane, lewiston, make Italy's air look great. And another speculative statement: but I believe the industry of Italy is more strictly regulated emissions wise, than the US.

I agree with the last statement. Also, if you compare Italy with a highly industrialized zone in the US, obviously, the US zones will show a picture of much more dense industrial conglomerations than Italy. However, if you look at a ratio involving area or number of people and apply that to the entire country (both US and Italy), I think the picture looks distinctly different then. On your visits to Italy, what places have you been to? Do they include many industrial areas? Personally, when I travel, I try to steer clear of those :wink:

Still, I'd like to see some actual data on this. I'm speculating as much as you are, here.

Edit: btw, I agree that Italy doesn't have much in the way of a petrochemical industry. You get that in other European countries and Italy doesn't have a tradition in this respect. Remember, they don't have any significant local sources of natural gas or oil, as far as I'm aware.

Edited by koraks (10/05/09 01:15 PM)

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#11187040 - 10/05/09 01:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

twighead said:

I agree with the last statement. Also, if you compare Italy with a highly industrialized zone in the US, obviously, the US zones will show a picture of much more dense industrial conglomerations than Italy. However, if you look at a ratio involving area or number of people and apply that to the entire country (both US and Italy), I think the picture looks distinctly different then. On your visits to Italy, what places have you been to? Do they include many industrial areas? Personally, when I travel, I try to steer clear of those :wink:

Still, I'd like to see some actual data on this. I'm speculating as much as you are, here.

Edit: btw, I agree that Italy doesn't have much in the way of a petrochemical industry. You get that in other European countries and Italy doesn't have a tradition in this respect. Remember, they don't have any significant local sources of natural gas or oil, as far as I'm aware.

Well now that I put a bit more thought into it, the locations i visited (Rome, Milan, Florence, and Venice) are all fairly major tourist centers and would likely apply more emphasis towards presenting a respectable clean city than cities in the US i tend to frequent, just too many variables in this :lol:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Invisiblekoraks
    #11187066 - 10/05/09 01:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, industrial activities don't tend to be clustered in world-famous tourist areas :wink: In cities like Naples, there's seizable industrial zones.

Oh, btw, don't forget the Italian car industry. Although it generally produces small cars, it does represent a significant economic activity :wink:

Offlineredsreboot
Stranger

#11187090 - 10/05/09 01:30 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Actually linking McDonalds and other fast food places to cancer is pretty easy. When you rapidly heat a potatoes in oh...lets see... a deep fryer to make french fries, the rapid heating process changes the chemical makeup and you end up ingesting a chemical called "acrylamide". If I remember right, the chemical acrylamide removes the other chemicals and enzymes that your body uses to regulate and fight cancer.

There's a bunch of other crap that fast food does that could be considered murder/suicide, but as far as cancer goes, I heard about the fries when I was a teenager.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom