Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChasawah
Stargazer
Male

Apparently I need to explain my grow...
    #11183815 - 10/04/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I bought everything I needed for PF Tek, Jars, Verm, Mahatma Brown Rice, Coffee Grinder, Meat Injector(didnt end up using), Temp/Humid gage (petco).

Sent a message to Nastos because I saw a contest and his name, I asked him about obtaining spores without having to order them via website. He said he had some extra from a contest he was about to run and sent me one as a welcome to shroomery kinda thing. +5 for him.

Read. Read. Read. Read.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Mail sucked. Guy in Canada got a print before me and it was sent from florida to me in florida the same day from what I understand... It was sent on monday.

Wednesday the same week, I got impatient and KNEW the mail HAD TO COME TODAY or TOMORROW!! So I made 4 PF TEK BRF/VERM jars. 1 cup verm, 1/4 BRF, 1/4 tapwater. Doublelayer foil put on TIGHT rolled, twisted, etc... single layer over that. 4 holes on the lids covered with BANDAID pieces.

Furious. Thursday, no mail. Made 5 more jars. Took an extra step to pour off the tiny pooling water in the Verm/BFR mixing step. Asked on the forums about how long they stay after you sterilize them. First picture... My jars all 9 in the noob ass glovebox i made by wrapping plastic wrap around a rubbermaid.

Friday. Huge grin walking back from mail. Opened the mail. Jesus postcard, apparnetly the letter was less than perfectly addressed. Some info was in wrong places IE appartment number.

At this point I was ready to start, skipped many sanitation steps.. no gloves, didnt use a flame... got a normal glass from the kitchen whiped with with alcho, took a syringe I had in the last batch of jars, with 3mil of water and put it in the glass, took a second to assess my situation and grabbed a galon of distilled water and poured roughly (estimating NOW) 50mil of water and scrapped the spores off the jesus card into the cup.

I took all the jars out the box and lined them up on a table i have set up i the room....In the box i took the foil off each one, and used a 3mil syringe to easily measure out 1/4cc increments and REFILLED the syringe right from the cup a few times, never using a flame... alcho whipe for all but the first 2 jars, forgot...

Knocked all 9 jars and got on here to post. Later on, I had obvious globs of spores left in the cup so I went to the store and got 3 more syringes and poured more water into the cup, shaked stirred, ect and sucked up all the water in all  4 3mil syringes. They sat there for a while, and I used them for random things, like my 2 coffee jars, and a flat tupaware I tryed, got rid of it almost imediately. Shot some in the gecko tank, and outside...

I put all the jars in the small cabnet above my fridge... put the petco temp gage in there with them. The temp as you can see in a few of my pictures, maintained very very close to 80 the entire time.

I have taken them out EVERY day to look at them and took pictures several times for everyone.... my update 6 days and 20 hours or whatever is of the BEST jar I have.

Having said that, I have 3 jars that havnt changed in 4 days....

You can check the forums for my join date, first posts, ect... ect.. ask Nastos when my spores arrived, look at the posts of all my timelines... I took a picture of everything less than 3 hours of noccing all the jars and its in a thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenastos
secret secretions
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Apparently I need to explain my grow... [Re: Chasawah]
    #11184112 - 10/04/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

true story

--------------------
:shrug:

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Apparently I need to explain my grow... [Re: nastos]
    #11184148 - 10/04/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Personally if I smell BS once I turn my head.  The second time I clean it up.  I am not saying end the contest.  To be honest though to see 75% colonization in 8 days sounds like a fairy tale I would like to be a part of.  People have done very devious things in my experience for smaller things.  Asking for bets on something like this smells to me.  Smells bad.  I really do not want you to dislike this hobby.  It has become a serious passion for me and it can become one for you to.  I really hope this doesnt stop you from growing.  I just cant stand ppl who front.  It causes issues for me and I call ppl out on a regular basis for illegitimate shit.  This is just me.  What can I say.  If you dont like it there is an ignore button.  I really do not want you to stop this hobby, just plos don't lie to the community.

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

OfflineChasawah
Stargazer
Male

Re: Apparently I need to explain my grow... [Re: truskool]
    #11184162 - 10/04/09 11:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

truskool said:
Personally if I smell BS once I turn my head.  The second time I clean it up.  I am not saying end the contest.  To be honest though to see 75% colonization in 8 days sounds like a fairy tale I would like to be a part of.  People have done very devious things in my experience for smaller things.  Asking for bets on something like this smells to me.  Smells bad.  I really do not want you to dislike this hobby.  It has become a serious passion for me and it can become one for you to.  I really hope this doesnt stop you from growing.  I just cant stand ppl who front.  It causes issues for me and I call ppl out on a regular basis for illegitimate shit.  This is just me.  What can I say.  If you dont like it there is an ignore button.  I really do not want you to stop this hobby, just plos don't lie to the community.

I dont hate the hobby and I doubt Im going to quit it. I do however hate dumb shit accusations. And it almost seemed like an apology except for the very end there. :rofl2:

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11184172 - 10/04/09 11:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Your statement about 75% colonization in 8 days really worries me. The pics I will be uploading hopefully tomorrow for the cultivation contest might have you calling BS on my part. I hope this does not turn out to be the case. In fact, most of my WBS jars are normally completely colonized and ready to spawn within a week and a half.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

Offlinenastos
secret secretions
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Apparently I need to explain my grow... [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11184179 - 10/04/09 11:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ive had pftek jars fully colonize from MS in 15 :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineChasawah
Stargazer
Male

#11184195 - 10/04/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

#11184200 - 10/04/09 11:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Who knows this could be pure jealousy.  I have done close to a thousand jars in a short period.  With many different races of cubes.  I have never seen jars colonize that quickly.  No matter what temperature. :shrug: I guess I just have no clue what I am doing then.

--------------------

Offlinenastos
secret secretions
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11184218 - 10/04/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

wel i forgot to mention i cast a magic super fast germination spell on that spore print i sent u anyways.

and they were blessed by jesus.. hence the card:lmafo:

--------------------

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11184247 - 10/04/09 11:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I try to keep my WBS jars slightly on the dry side, coincidentally by doing pretty much what this tek shows, by manually drying the WBS with paper towels. I do not wait for it to air dry.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11019922

Seems to speed up colonization time, at least in my experience. In fact, my MS jars have far exceeded the growth of the LC jars thus far.  I got the TC MS syringe from apoononar's giveaway recently. The LC is from a clone I made, which is kinda old now and has not been refridgerated at all. Maybe it has weakened? idk how to explain it.

You'll see what I am talking about tomorrow when my SD card reader gets here.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

#11184251 - 10/04/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well your using my families tek.  I also use this and always make my substrate dry.

--------------------

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11184276 - 10/04/09 11:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

truskool said:
well your using my families tek.  I also use this and always make my substrate dry.

I have never followed this tek, it just happens to resemble much of what I have pieced together from experimenting with different teks.

The dry nature of my seed might not have shit do do with it. It could be ive gotten lucky with good genetics. I've mostly worked with EQ and just now started to work with Treasure Coast. I thought the EQ was fast, but this TC shit has me wondering.

--------------------

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
    #11184289 - 10/04/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

what the hell is going on?  why are people being accused of cheating?  and what do I have to do with it cuz Chasawah dropped from my contest also. :shrug:

its kinda crazy that its part one of the contest and at least 2 people that I know of have been suspect of cheating already.  C`mon people just watch'em grow. :smile:

its a race that the grower has little control over, time is the enemy not each other :plur:

13:mushroom2:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

OfflineRyeH
The Noble One
Male

Loc: Texas
Re: Apparently I need to explain my grow... [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11184311 - 10/04/09 11:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
what the hell is going on?  why are people being accused of cheating?  and what do I have to do with it cuz Chasawah dropped from my contest also. :shrug:

its kinda crazy that its part one of the contest and at least 2 people that I know of have been suspect of cheating already.  C`mon people just watch'em grow. :smile:

its a race that the grower has little control over, time is the enemy not each other :plur:

13:mushroom2:

Agreed, all in all we should be here to help each other

--------------------
chronosync said:
dont fuck around.
do it right.
try again.
"You cant stretch nature, give it time, it will come.  Be patient."

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Re: Apparently I need to explain my grow... [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11184321 - 10/04/09 11:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I never said he was cheating I said that his unsterilized jar growing myc before contaim was bs.  I did say that i didnt believe his contest entry coupled with this.  So maybe that is calling him out on cheating but i never said that.  I just think that if you are going to lie once you will probably do it again.  This is my opinion and a couple other ppl's at least from the pm's i have received.  I'll apologize again to you taco like i have in the last two pm's I have sent you.  Like I have said I just don't like bs.  I just wish some ppl had some more honor.

--------------------

OfflineChasawah
Stargazer
Male

#11184372 - 10/05/09 12:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I dont like being called a coward, a prick, a little bitch, and all the other dumbfuck remarks you made, no amount of shady aplogies will unshitstain your name from my mind... and by the way karma IS a bitch.

I dont need to prove anything, nore was I trying to in any way, never once did I preach my method. And a few people turned a lucky noob into a "punk bitch" "liar". You sir are a douche.

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

#11184384 - 10/05/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i never called you a coward nor a prick a little punk bitch yes.  You think i am apolgizing to you.  Not likely.  And you should be careful what you say and who you say it to.

--------------------

OfflineRyeH
The Noble One
Male

Loc: Texas
    #11184387 - 10/05/09 12:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Chasawah said:
I dont like being called a coward, a prick, a little bitch, and all the other dumbfuck remarks you made, no amount of shady aplogies will unshitstain your name from my mind... and by the way karma IS a bitch.

I dont need to prove anything, nore was I trying to in any way, never once did I preach my method. And a few people turned a lucky noob into a "punk bitch" "liar". You sir are a douche.

wow man, an apology is an apology, accept it.  What is the point of keeping it going?  If you use the meaning of Karma, why not act like it and let it be?  Why get worked up?  Count the losses, whatever they may be, and leave it at that.  Forgiveness is the doorway to a better life. :thumbup:

[edit] lol now my apology speech has just been debunked.  Eitherway, I think that this whole thing should just been dropped.  The point was made it will be looked into.  None the less, we should be helping eachother, if it is true then share how it was done. :shrug: I dont know I guess I should just walk away and not stick my nose in shit.

--------------------
chronosync said:
dont fuck around.
do it right.
try again.
"You cant stretch nature, give it time, it will come.  Be patient."

Edited by RyeH (10/05/09 12:17 AM)

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Re: Apparently I need to explain my grow... [Re: RyeH]
    #11184397 - 10/05/09 12:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

sorry brolmao

--------------------

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

Re: Apparently I need to explain my grow... [Re: RyeH]
    #11184407 - 10/05/09 12:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Look, ive been watching this thread go on and on and i feel like I need to comment. I will admit, I am quick to lose my temper sometimes and have done so here on a couple of occasions when it is obvious someone is out to argue solely for the sake of creating drama. It happens.

That aside, I like both of you guys from the interactions I have had with you so far on the shroomery. Myself, and many others would like to keep it that way.

Please do us all a favor and drop it. The best thing to do is step away from the situation when it gets to this point.

If you must, place each other on ignore. This issue has now spread to multiple threads and is getting way off topic and too personal.

Please.

--------------------

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale