Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
Why we love weed so much...
    #11184013 - 10/04/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, I just need a place to type this out so I can read it again while sober :grin:
    I think after smoking a LOT of weed, the reason it becomes somewhat of a habit is because each smoke session is like another hour you've lived in another life.

I've noticed most of my thoughts while stoned are almost a continuation of what I thought of/desired/etc. I've also smoked weed countless times during activities I mostly do sober such as bike riding, homework, skiing, etc. So what I'm getting at is after smoking weed for several years, we almost become attached to this parallel life we live while high; this sort of alternate reality I experience while blazed. It's not like we can abandon it and forget it exists. Even if we quit weed for a period of time, I think we all have nostalgia for the detachment I associate with my weed phases.

So I'm just totally pulling this out of my high ass. If this is making any sense, does anyone agree? Or am I just some stoner who loves weed in a world where people also dislike weed. :wink:

Basically, your insights?
Myk

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNlightNme
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Why we love weed so much... [Re: Mykologist]
    #11184110 - 10/04/09 10:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I feel ya (Maybe its cause I'm :vaped: )

Ive been smoking heavily for the past several years and a;ways in a perpetual hunt to find the best shit I can, as I'm sure many of you participate in as well. Smoking that much changes you; and I doubt anyone who does smoke that much would say it changed them in a negative way. It becomes a part of you and you it.

--------------------
Tenet Nosce

You tell me the music industry is dead. I tell you that music never should have been industrialized in the first place.

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: Why we love weed so much... [Re: NlightNme]
    #11184352 - 10/05/09 12:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yep. :bigblunt:

GROUP HUG :dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom:

--------------------

InvisibleGeneral.Joker
General

Re: Why we love weed so much... [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11184931 - 10/05/09 03:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with this but I dont know why.

--------------------
-General.Joker

Offlineskippyluvs
Always

Loc: Urth aka earth aka # 1 pi...
Re: Why we love weed so much... [Re: Mykologist]
    #11186113 - 10/05/09 10:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mykologist said:
Ok, I just need a place to type this out so I can read it again while sober :grin:
    I think after smoking a LOT of weed, the reason it becomes somewhat of a habit is because each smoke session is like another hour you've lived in another life.

I've noticed most of my thoughts while stoned are almost a continuation of what I thought of/desired/etc. I've also smoked weed countless times during activities I mostly do sober such as bike riding, homework, skiing, etc. So what I'm getting at is after smoking weed for several years, we almost become attached to this parallel life we live while high; this sort of alternate reality I experience while blazed. It's not like we can abandon it and forget it exists. Even if we quit weed for a period of time, I think we all have nostalgia for the detachment I associate with my weed phases.

So I'm just totally pulling this out of my high ass. If this is making any sense, does anyone agree? Or am I just some stoner who loves weed in a world where people also dislike weed. :wink:

Basically, your insights?
Myk

You made me smile :smile:

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: Why we love weed so much... [Re: skippyluvs]
    #11186680 - 10/05/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Love the post. I feel the exact same way, been smoking for almost 10 years, my dad feels the same, he's 58 and been smoking since he was 16. Never lost a job, a car, my wife, or my kids, laughed my ass off and went about my day. Bill Hicks couldn't have said it any better.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why we love weed so much... [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11186693 - 10/05/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Take some giant bong rips of some dank bud and watch the squirrels in your back yard play.  It makes it a lot more enjoyable:stoned:

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlineshivathedestroyer
Stranger-Danger
Male

Loc: Seattle
Re: Why we love weed so much... [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11186808 - 10/05/09 12:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i've been thinking about this a lot lately...

when the seasons change i only get tiny bit of "nostalgic" feeling...

when the seasons change and i'm stoned, it takes me right back to the last time i was stoned in this environment/air pressure/moisture/temperature...

--------------------
FUCK THE NAYSAYERS.

This account is for entertainment purposes only, none of the processes here actually occurred.

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: Why we love weed so much... [Re: shivathedestroyer]
    #11192659 - 10/06/09 10:12 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shivathedestroyer said:
i've been thinking about this a lot lately...

when the seasons change i only get tiny bit of "nostalgic" feeling...

when the seasons change and i'm stoned, it takes me right back to the last time i was stoned in this environment/air pressure/moisture/temperature...

I feel ya'. It really takes you back in almost a deja vu type of way, I find that wintertime in the mountains really brings me back to when I was a little kid, don't know what it is. In other news, can't wait to start the boardin' season.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Why we love weed so much... [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11193088 - 10/06/09 11:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Euphoria, introspection, relaxation, foods taste amazing, creativity, visuals, tastes, smells, laughter, overall peacefulness and enjoyment.

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Fungus-induced enlightenment.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

:aum: Peace :peace:, Love :heart:, and Light :psychsplit: :aum:

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

Re: Why we love weed so much... [Re: TheMerryGangster]
    #11193200 - 10/06/09 11:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

"We" don't, if that includes me. It has lost its magic for me. I have a big clump of hash that has not been touched in 2 weeks, because I really gain nothing from it anymore.

Maybe it's just that I haven't had a sativa-dominant smoke in too long and that I'm bored with indica.

I never really loved it. I don't enjoy smoking with others, and at most it's a helpful tool for critical introspection.

I'd much rather eat some shrooms and feel a tantric unification to the universe, or fall out of everything into a an old leather armchair on K.

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag