Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Hallucinating off Sleep Deprivation.
    #11178676 - 10/04/09 03:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ive done this in the past but no more than like a day and a half or a day and 3 /4. i just get the minor "i thought i saw something" hallucinations out of the corner of my eyes.

so has any1 actually stayed up for a few days and tried this?

im guessing it would be something like a diphenhydramine trip (which ive had my fair share of).

i dunno. i have noticed though that music sounds trippy on its own when ur forcing urself to stay awake. like i am right now. its almost frightening.

blah i cant even think straight. agh. why the fuck am i still up?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Hallucinating off Sleep Deprivation. [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11178710 - 10/04/09 03:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I haven't stayed up long enough to hallucinate, that takes many days and I cant stand that.

But I have gotten very little sleep over a week and upon waking up on the 7th day of only 2 hours of sleep and heading to my friends house all the lights in his house bloomed out like I was in a fog, and they all had rainbow colored halos around the bloom.

Lasted about 10 minutes. I made sure I slept good that night hehe

I commonly get a near 'high' feeling after staying up too long in one night, usually lasts for an hour and its when I get a strange energy and mood boost for some reason.
Only happens when I am listening to music or watching some sort of video.

Edited by Thisfire (10/04/09 03:41 AM)

Invisiblepsykiidellic
Stranger

Re: Hallucinating off Sleep Deprivation. [Re: Thisfire]
    #11178904 - 10/04/09 06:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I get very mild hallucinations from staying awake for 24hrs+.

I can remember coming home after a huge night out and starring at the wall as it had a noticeable kaleidoscope flowing through it.

--------------------
In need of a Trance traffic tracker Invite or Bitme invite - PM me if you can help.

OfflineAcid_Raindrops
We're all mad here.

Re: Hallucinating off Sleep Deprivation. [Re: Thisfire]
    #11178917 - 10/04/09 06:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Thisfire said:
I haven't stayed up long enough to hallucinate, that takes many days and I cant stand that.

But I have gotten very little sleep over a week and upon waking up on the 7th day of only 2 hours of sleep and heading to my friends house all the lights in his house bloomed out like I was in a fog, and they all had rainbow colored halos around the bloom.

Lasted about 10 minutes. I made sure I slept good that night hehe

I commonly get a near 'high' feeling after staying up too long in one night, usually lasts for an hour and its when I get a strange energy and mood boost for some reason.
Only happens when I am listening to music or watching some sort of video.

I know what you mean about the energy boost, it isn't very pleasant though. Usually my body is like go to fucking bed you crackhead, here u want some crack here how does this feel does this fucking satisfy u a bit, then u come down from it and crash, lol

OfflineLaughingSoDreamy
Tripper of the trips.

#11181268 - 10/04/09 04:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i suffer from insomnia also my man. Ive stayed up once like 3 days straight and i started hearing hella voices and shit was kinda like psychdaelic like moving but i was so tried o it felt bad. it was like a Diphenhydramaine trip exactly actually imo. it sucks tho :laugh:

OfflineBlack_Sunset
Amateur Anesthesiologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere California
Re: Hallucinating off Sleep Deprivation. [Re: LaughingSoDreamy]
    #11181292 - 10/04/09 04:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ya I've experienced it. It's fun! Why don't you do an experiment for us? Let us know what happens

--------------------

Offlinezephyr9629
Stranger

Re: Hallucinating off Sleep Deprivation. [Re: Black_Sunset]
    #11181331 - 10/04/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

After riding a 15 hour plane back to the US, I couldn't sleep for 3 days
and I felt somewhere in between stoned and drunk. I didn't hallucinate but I did have some thought processes going through my head that reminded me of shrooms.

Invisiblestereolab
Wizard
Male

Loc: NY
Re: Hallucinating off Sleep Deprivation. [Re: zephyr9629]
    #11181427 - 10/04/09 04:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I went about 3 days without sleeping once.  I didn't hallucinate, but my perception was definitely skewed.  Lots of irrational, paranoid, thinking and general craziness.  During this time my parents thought I was either crazy or on drugs (which I wasn't then).  I think it was very similar to somebody with minor schizophrenia would experience.

--------------------
Space is
the Place
:aum:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hallucinating off Sleep Deprivation. [Re: stereolab]
    #11181494 - 10/04/09 04:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sleep dep is much like amphetamine psychosis.  Especially when you take LSD after a night of 0 minutes of sleep it kicks it up a notch.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: Hallucinating off Sleep Deprivation. [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11182402 - 10/04/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I just feel dumb as shit and physically awful when I stay up all night, but I do hallucinate a little bit. Once back in highschool, I pulled an all nighter after only getting a couple hours of sleep each night for the past two nights. I was basically running on coffee and during last period, I completely crashed off the three cups I chugged before the day. I started hallucinating that people were talking to me and I was so tired my vision got really blurry. My friend came up to me after class and said, "Dude, how much acid did you take, and do you have any left?" He honestly thought I was tripping balls because I was bugging out in class. Thats my most fucked up experience with sleep deprivation though. Just some minor hallucinations and a lot of shitty feelings.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Offlinealex_200399
**That Guy**
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Re: Hallucinating off Sleep Deprivation. [Re: teeter]
    #11182499 - 10/04/09 07:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yes i have. I stayed up for 5 and a half days give or take... the 3rd day I started to hallucinate.. and yes it was quite like diphenhydramine except you feel extremely cold and you feel like your lagging. your body feels tired your brain feels tired.. its really odd. I was trying to beat like starwars podracer with rank S's on the N64. :tongue: the crazy thing about the sleep deprivation was that occasionally my mind would start to drift off to sleep on its own it was alot like going unconscious but my body would keep working and playing the game my eyes were wide open i dunno it was some of the weirdest shit ever, when i came to I would have a few more A's or S's on the game thing phenomenon maybe of my body being able to function at a high enough cognitive level to play a fast paced game when and complete the races almost perfectly and to not have any memory of it when you came back to out of your like slump... so to make a longs story short everything started to get hazy and my vision blurry around the edges as well as that my body felt really cold, I puked multiple times.. and I ended up sleeping for 33 hours sleep when i finally passed out.

--------------------
Its not the material things in life that i live for its the brief instances where my mind is expanded beyond this reality to something more, something that makes sense.

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Re: Hallucinating off Sleep Deprivation. [Re: alex_200399]
    #11182576 - 10/04/09 07:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

alex_200399 said:
yes i have. I stayed up for 5 and a half days give or take... the 3rd day I started to hallucinate.. and yes it was quite like diphenhydramine except you feel extremely cold and you feel like your lagging. your body feels tired your brain feels tired.. its really odd. I was trying to beat like starwars podracer with rank S's on the N64. :tongue: the crazy thing about the sleep deprivation was that occasionally my mind would start to drift off to sleep on its own it was alot like going unconscious but my body would keep working and playing the game my eyes were wide open i dunno it was some of the weirdest shit ever, when i came to I would have a few more A's or S's on the game thing phenomenon maybe of my body being able to function at a high enough cognitive level to play a fast paced game when and complete the races almost perfectly and to not have any memory of it when you came back to out of your like slump... so to make a longs story short everything started to get hazy and my vision blurry around the edges as well as that my body felt really cold, I puked multiple times.. and I ended up sleeping for 33 hours sleep when i finally passed out.

Need a life?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Offlinealex_200399
**That Guy**
Male User Gallery

#11182629 - 10/04/09 07:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

teeter said:

Need a life?

come on the N64 was around when i was like 12 and 13 dude it was summer vacation... chilll. do you need a life. someone asked i answered from experience.

--------------------
Its not the material things in life that i live for its the brief instances where my mind is expanded beyond this reality to something more, something that makes sense.

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

#11182654 - 10/04/09 07:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:calledajoke:

Come on, you just admitted to staying up 5 days straight on a video game and you didn't expect a get a life joke. Anyway, it was just a joke, no need to get all offended.

--------------------

Offlinealex_200399
**That Guy**
Male User Gallery

#11182713 - 10/04/09 07:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

teeter said:
:calledajoke:

Come on, you just admitted to staying up 5 days straight on a video game and you didn't expect a get a life joke. Anyway, it was just a joke, no need to get all offended.

just sayin dude lol. its all good im like 21. years ago. haha

--------------------

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

#11182859 - 10/04/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well. im gonna try and stay up all night i geuss. i dunno if ill be able to though bc like u know that nodding off feeling u get? well wenever it happens now for me like it scares me bc i like snap back into reality so violenty like i skip a breath, or it feels like i quit breathing and then theres that  oh shit feeling for a split second and i breathe again. i dunno. i dunno if my heart and lungs can handle it. but watever. ill try.

--------------------

OfflinexTJx
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #11183752 - 10/04/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ive hallucinated because of sleep paralysis or whatever its called

was quite scary lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale