Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Aldous Huxley, Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

What Effects Have Psychedelics Had On Your Personality?
    #11180727 - 10/04/09 04:18 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Have you become more mellow? More erratic/crazy? Interesting, burn-out?

What?

I have personally become much more introverted, introspective, independent, and relaxed about things other people care about.

However, I still have this hyper intensity when it comes to understanding the world and myself as a person. I get worked up over shit like philosophy, psychology, and basically just thinking in general.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedream.is.destiny
Stanger

Re: What Effects Have Psychedelics Had On Your Personality? [Re: JackofSpades]
    #11180742 - 10/04/09 04:20 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I've gained the ability to look at my personality from the pov of others.

For example, I can look back at a situation and realize "Wow, I was talking too much and probably annoyed some people."

Next time I am able to consciously avoid talking someones head off (unless I'm rolling...)

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: What Effects Have Psychedelics Had On Your Personality? [Re: dream.is.destiny]
    #11180750 - 10/04/09 04:22 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Not much.. I'm more outgoing and friendly than I was, I guess.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: What Effects Have Psychedelics Had On Your Personality? [Re: dream.is.destiny]
    #11180758 - 10/04/09 04:23 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I learned to understand myself from my own point of view.

To some this is easy, but I've gained access to the realm of consciousness and have changed myself for the better.

My personality goes with my ego, as I see it, and my psychedelic experiences (at least the most reality diminishing) showed that the ego is UNNECESSARY for it just holds back the full power and potential of one's own consciousness.

I'm much more mellow now, and loving. I used to be unhappy, but I've found my happiness.

Now a lot of people do psychedelics to change themselves, when the change comes from within and not the psychedelics. It took me 6 months off of psychedelics to figure out anything from my trips. I used to trip once a month, sometimes once a week, and one week 3 times on 3 very powerful substances.

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Re: What Effects Have Psychedelics Had On Your Personality? [Re: Angel_Above]
    #11180776 - 10/04/09 04:27 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Angel_Above said:
Now a lot of people do psychedelics to change themselves, when the change comes from within and not the psychedelics. It took me 6 months off of psychedelics to figure out anything from my trips. I used to trip once a month, sometimes once a week, and one week 3 times on 3 very powerful substances.

Listen to this, guys. ^_^

Don't ask a psychedelic how to change yourself, you'll just get laughed at and told to go do something else.

Offlinedream.is.destiny
Stanger

#11180785 - 10/04/09 04:28 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Most of my trips so far have been mainly "ooohh pretty colors, those trees look cool".

I'm working on clearing all of my stress (graduating in a couple months, moving, starting new job, etc.) and when thats done, I plan on taking an introspective trip.

I find that if I'm stressed or have a lot of unfulfilled responsibilities I'm not able to have an introspective trip.  I can still have a damn good time though.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: What Effects Have Psychedelics Had On Your Personality? [Re: OutThisLife]
    #11180806 - 10/04/09 04:32 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

This is what I do:

I trip and then when I come down I'm able to see what I've been doing (what patterns of behavior and why) and then I change which ones I dislike and keep the ones I do.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#11180809 - 10/04/09 04:33 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Psychedelics are catalysts.

Aldous Huxley was brilliant in saying that the psychedelic is to consciousness what the microscope was to the scientiest; proof of existence beyond our perception.

People abuse these things, even some of you on this forum. These drugs really aren't meant to be done all the time. I honestly agree with Huxley in saying these are drugs for the intellectuals, for all the people freaking out have little understanding of the "real" world going on around them and it scares them.

And now that I took 6 months off, I see I still have many trips to take and integrate life lessons from before I can say I'm ready to trip.

My next trip, I think, I would like to go to some indigenous tribe with a shaman and trip with him, for I'm discovering my own shamanic powers in the nether realm while I'm tripping.

The psychedelic experience is not for everyone...

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

#11180838 - 10/04/09 04:41 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I absolutely agree with Huxley that these drugs are for intellectuals. I personally use them for self-exploration and how to improve myself as a personal--I have never taken them recreationally--although I have taken them in a recreational setting (which was dumb)

I think the way psychedelics should have gone was this limit them to professionals and intellectuals and then integrate them in a manner which can be used by all people

In a way, this is what shamans have done.

--------------------

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: What Effects Have Psychedelics Had On Your Personality? [Re: JackofSpades]
    #11180865 - 10/04/09 04:47 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Indeed.

The next trip I have, I'll probably be in the forest for the entire duration, randomly meditating at areas that have a higher feeling of energy that I can identify with.

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

#11180871 - 10/04/09 04:48 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I like how intellectuals are the most spiritual people when society generally disowns spirituality.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#11180881 - 10/04/09 04:51 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Dude you and me have the same visions and thoughts...

You "just want to help" by conveying your experiences and their relation to what most of us consider the "unknown" aspects of our reality.

I wish to do the same; change consciousness by finding a connection between experiences that links to the unknown.

Society follows the ego, which is why spirituality and society coming together doesn't seem like a very achievable idea as of now.

Consciousness is all that ever was, and will be.

Only a handful of people realize this...

+5 for you man.

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

#11180903 - 10/04/09 04:54 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah. It took me a while to admit that I just want to help people, I can't help only myself anymore. I can't be selfish in my experiences. I want to help other people, I want other people to see what we see.

I want people to be free.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#11180915 - 10/04/09 04:57 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

That is following an egoless life.

Anyone who has followed an egoless life has been said to be a prophet.
Jesus, Mohammad, Buddha, were all prophets who had close connection with God.

Nothing makes them "better" than us spiritually, but we seem to think so. Any connection made with God can be made by anyone.

And I use God the same way I use infinite consciousness, or whatever energy binds us all.

We're prophets for we aren't doing it for our ego, but for the better of humanity.

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

#11180939 - 10/04/09 05:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Angel_Above said:
That is following an egoless life.

Anyone who has followed an egoless life has been said to be a prophet.
Jesus, Mohammad, Buddha, were all prophets who had close connection with God.

Nothing makes them "better" than us spiritually, but we seem to think so. Any connection made with God can be made by anyone.

And I use God the same way I use infinite consciousness, or whatever energy binds us all.

We're prophets for we aren't doing it for our ego, but for the better of humanity.

A close connection with themselves, as we are the energy ^^

I don't want to force this onto anybody, but I want people to know it exists. When you trip with a group of newbies do you ever show them how beautiful they are? Not their appearance, but their soul?

I've had a girl look directly at me, and start crying and I could feel her tears roll down my face but not physically. I wish I could do that everyday.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#11181263 - 10/04/09 06:00 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I have.

Me and my friend were tripping and we noticed we had similarly harsh upbringings, and there were memories stored in our subconscious that we didn't realize until we opened up ourselves to each other. It was weird, so many things I realized that night I forgot even happened in my life.

It was beautiful, we started crying and hugged each other, and it was because we saw that it's OK. We're fine, etc.

I haven't done it in a way like you have, for I'm just realizing this stuff sober and off the psychedelics, through my trips that seemed to have no meaning.

I've read people's minds on psychedelics, but it wasn't until I realized that it was just me seeing their conscious thought put into the infinite pool of thought.

Invisiblestereolab
Wizard
Male

Loc: NY
    #11181513 - 10/04/09 06:38 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting thread.  Now, one of my friends, who shares some similar beliefs as I do but not on psychedelics, is strictly against psychedelics because he thinks they can easily "change his personality."  But personality change that comes from psychedelics is more developmental change, rather than complete, differential change.  Of course, sometimes doing too much or having a bad set and setting can lead to a bad trip, which might lead to temporary or lingering negative personality change.  As I've never had a bad trip, I can't really speak about that.  I'd think that a bad trip would just offer me a new perspective that I've never had, and make me appreciate "sober" reality more.

Anyway, my personality has changed in a few ways from psychedelics, I believe.  I do not know if this is from the chemicals themselves or simply the interests/ideas/perceptions I have about psychedelics.  I'm guessing a combination between the two.  What has changed:

1) I'm more interested in nature, spirituality, and music than before.  I've also gotten into poetry fairly recently, many dealing with psychedelic trips.
2) My trips generally make me feel closer to humanity.  This lasts forever.
3) I care about a lot of shit less, in general.  This is mostly good, but sometimes probably bad (not caring much about grades and being "productive" although I think pot probably takes more away from that than psychedelics).  I do care about some stuff more, mostly spiritual things and obtaining general knowledge.  But when it comes to conventional stuff, I really don't care.  I don't mind skipping a party to read science fiction, a year ago I would have went even though I don't really want to.
4) I have better control over my emotions.

That's about it.

--------------------
Space is
the Place
:aum:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Aldous Huxley, Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience