Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
I think I'm gonna buy a new gun today!
    #11179950 - 10/04/09 01:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

All my guns are at my parent's house, and people have been tearing through unlocked cars outside my house, and just last night all my porch furniture was stolen.

Plus duck season is upon us!  I figure a trip to Walmart is pretty much in order to pick up a shotgun and a nice big box of ammo in case these fuckers decide to do a little B&E.

On a related note, would I get in trouble with the police if I post a note letting them know that if they set foot inside my house I'm gonna shoot their face off?  :dumbhunter:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: I think I'm gonna buy a new gun today! [Re: circularvortex]
    #11179972 - 10/04/09 01:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Dude if you are still in the same state you were in before it is not the place to shoot someone breaking into your home.  Your rights there are not very strong at all.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleKukaracha
Cat wannabe
Male User Gallery

#11179977 - 10/04/09 01:50 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Can you really purchase guns in a supermarket?

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I'm gonna buy a new gun today! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #11179999 - 10/04/09 01:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

So maybe the note isn't a good idea, but I know the right things to say when the police arrive if I do shoot someone breaking into my home.  My uncle's a cop and he gave me the run down.

Basically as soon as they arrive you have to rapidly explain how you thought the person was going to kill you.

I'd prefer NOT to shoot anyone, anyhow.  Still, though, I can't imagine there are much more intimidating sounds to a burglar than that of a 12 gauge pump action chambering a round in the dark.

Any links on the trespassing laws for WI?  It wouldn't hurt to be educated.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I'm gonna buy a new gun today! [Re: Kukaracha]
    #11180018 - 10/04/09 01:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Kukaracha, Walmart is more of an everything store than a grocery store.  They electronics, sporting goods, have a pharmacy, housewares, etc etc etc.

Looking at my bank statement I'm a little short on funds right now....it might have to wait till I get paid on Thursday.  Can't hurt to go down and check out what they've got, though.

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #11180061 - 10/04/09 02:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

are you living on campus? if so, having a shotgun is a baaad idea.

i would put up the sign though....definitely. maybe you'll scare some fuckers off.

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I'm gonna buy a new gun today! [Re: JT]
    #11180077 - 10/04/09 02:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Naw, I live off campus.

Plus, we have a pretty gun friendly campus.  Lots of hunters around here.  They have gun lockers and even game cleaning stations in some of the dorms :lol:

I'm rethinking the sign, though, because that would totally discredit my story of "I thought he was gonna kill me" if there's a note on my door that basically says, "Try me, motherfuckers"

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #11180091 - 10/04/09 02:16 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

hell yeah then, go for it :lol:

guns are illegal on my campus i thought that was a universal thing

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#11180105 - 10/04/09 02:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kukaracha said:

YES.

It is one of the joys of living in the US.

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11180110 - 10/04/09 02:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

For the sake of the thread, here's the note I want to post.

Quote:

ATTN THIEVING LITTLE SHITHEADS:

This is a courtesy notice.  Lifting shit off of porches and going through cars is one thing, but if you plan on some B&E you'd better make damn sure I don't find you here.  The shotgun's loaded with buckshot and I'd have no qualms with dropping your worthless ass if I see you in my house.

--------------------

OfflineSayWhat
Native Shaman
Male

Loc: Cerebral desolate abyss
    #11180112 - 10/04/09 02:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

How much are you going to spend approx.? Also, if you wanted a gun but someone in your house wasn't comfortable having it in the home all the time, where would you keep it?

I want to buy a handgun though. I don't like killing animals.

--------------------
Look at all the happy creatures dancing  on the lawn.

Sending me free spores is welcomed and encouraged.

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I'm gonna buy a new gun today! [Re: SayWhat]
    #11180146 - 10/04/09 02:27 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thinking about this guy.  Haven't been down to the store yet, but from what I can find on the internet it runs from $140-200.

Handguns are a bit pricier usually, and I'd like to get something that I can use for hunting, too.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #11180507 - 10/04/09 03:36 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

circularvortex said:
So maybe the note isn't a good idea, but I know the right things to say when the police arrive if I do shoot someone breaking into my home.  My uncle's a cop and he gave me the run down.

Basically as soon as they arrive you have to rapidly explain how you thought the person was going to kill you.

I'd prefer NOT to shoot anyone, anyhow.  Still, though, I can't imagine there are much more intimidating sounds to a burglar than that of a 12 gauge pump action chambering a round in the dark.

Any links on the trespassing laws for WI?  It wouldn't hurt to be educated.

Dude you live in Wisconsin? ROFL LOL We just went over these laws in my criminal justice class. WI doesn't have any "my house is my castle" laws so you won't be able to get away with it. Even if you say "Oh I thought they were gonna kill me" an investigation will likely prove otherwise. You will most likely get charged with at least manslaughter or perhaps 2nd (reckless manslaughter) since that note you want to leave clearly states you understand the consequences of your actions (meaning you won't be able to get negligent homicide). But then again the DA could just charge you with 1st and 2nd and depending on what the jury thinks (or if you want a bench trial instead) you could be fuckeddd

Cases like this have happened recently and the home owners are being taken to trial

--------------------

Edited by learningtofly (10/04/09 03:41 PM)

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #11180511 - 10/04/09 03:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kukaracha said:

No not a supermarket. Places like walmart have a supermarket in them but Walmart it self is not a supermarket.Walmart only sells hunting guns too.not handguns or semi auto rifles.

It doesnt really matter where you buy it though you still have to go through the same federal background check.

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
    #11180643 - 10/04/09 04:04 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Just take the note down after you shoot their faces off and before you call the police...

I hang this sign outside my house; "WARNING: Homeowner does not call the police.":rockon:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think I'm gonna buy a new gun today! [Re: learningtofly]
    #11180655 - 10/04/09 04:07 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Man that's a load of shit.  If somebody is breaking into your house you should be able to shoot em.  What if they DO have a gun and intent to kill?

If somebody busts into your house you should have a goddamn right to defend yourself.  I totally understand self-defense rules otherwise, like you can't shoot someone who you think might punch your or something, but how the fuck do you know what this scumbag has with him when he pops your window open at 4 in the morning?

:kingcrankey:

I would've thought WI would be a place where you'd be allowed to defend your own home :snub:

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: I think I'm gonna buy a new gun today! [Re: buckwheat]
    #11180669 - 10/04/09 04:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

buckwheat said:
Quote:

Kukaracha said:

No not a supermarket. Places like walmart have a supermarket in them but Walmart it self is not a supermarket.Walmart only sells hunting guns too.not handguns or semi auto rifles.

They sell semi-auto rifles at most Walmarts. Not AR-15's or other assault rifles, but they usually do carry Ruger Mini-14's and semi auto .22's.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #11180703 - 10/04/09 04:14 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Man that's a load of shit.  If somebody is breaking into your house you should be able to shoot em.  What if they DO have a gun and intent to kill?

unless you can prove that they were going to kill you, you can't really legally do much in WI.

Quote:

If somebody busts into your house you should have a goddamn right to defend yourself.  I totally understand self-defense rules otherwise, like you can't shoot someone who you think might punch your or something, but how the fuck do you know what this scumbag has with him when he pops your window open at 4 in the morning?

I would've thought WI would be a place where you'd be allowed to defend your own home :snub:

at least we're not texas. in texas you can legally shoot someone AS THEY ARE RUNNING AWAY.

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#11180741 - 10/04/09 04:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

In Indiana so long as you have a "trespassers will be shot" sign you are allowed to.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #11180762 - 10/04/09 04:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:

unless you can prove that they were going to kill you, you can't really legally do much in WI.

Quote:

at least we're not texas. in texas you can legally shoot someone AS THEY ARE RUNNING AWAY.

ha, same down here.. if you're on my land I can shoot first ask questions later.  I like it that way

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub