Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFuckoff
Strange
Loc: yeah.... RIGHT.
mono tub question
    #11179243 - 10/04/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

hey there, my friend has a mono tub set up with 50/50 straw and verm/coco coir mix.

he leaves it by the window, and, since it's getting to be winter, the temperature is fluctuating between 68 (night) and up to 90 in the day. now it only gets 90 for a few minutes, as that is just when the peak of the sunshine hits the clear plastic tub and makes it a green house. but 15 minutes later, it's done and the sun goes behind a tree (good ol tree)

should i get this thing outta the sun during that one part of the day? or is this natural sun rising/setting cycles a good thing?

it stays at around %78 to 82 temp the rest of the time... it just has those two peaks.

--------------------
:fuckyou:
everything i post is a lie or a smart ass comment. taking me seriously or getting angry is strictly enjoyed by me, but not advised.
and I don't give a damn if you don't like me, cause your not like me, so don't like you
Bloodhound Gang
all that I need-:awesome2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
Re: mono tub question [Re: Fuckoff]
    #11179436 - 10/04/09 09:34 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

that seems like a natural cycle ..sunlight can produce better fruits....but are you at the colonizing stage of Fruiting chamber stage?...if its colonizing then it should be covered in darkness...and if its FC..then it should be fine...

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Offlinecloudsaregathering
pasturbater
Male

Loc: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Re: mono tub question [Re: botanisthype]
    #11179449 - 10/04/09 09:37 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

thats about the same way i do mine with the natural rise and fall of the sun, plus the temps are about the same as your and i just picked an ass load the last 2 days...

--------------------

"the root of the problem has been isolated"

InvisibleFuckoff
Strange
Re: mono tub question [Re: botanisthype]
    #11179459 - 10/04/09 09:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

botanisthype said:
that seems like a natural cycle ..sunlight can produce better fruits....but are you at the colonizing stage of Fruiting chamber stage?...if its colonizing then it should be covered in darkness...and if its FC..then it should be fine...

fruiting. i'm only new in name, i've lurked and guested for years here.
and thanks! this is my first mono tub. i've always done birdseed casings in a GC with a humidifier. this is SO much easier.

but thank you! i'll just leave it. yesterday at the heat peak, i pulled the poly fill out and stuck my finer in to feel the temp, and it was pretty hot at it's peak, but then, myc likes a little heat now and again right? i just put a fan on that one hole for a few minutes, cooled it down, and replaced the poly fill.

--------------------
everything i post is a lie or a smart ass comment. taking me seriously or getting angry is strictly enjoyed by me, but not advised.
and I don't give a damn if you don't like me, cause your not like me, so don't like you
Bloodhound Gang

InvisibleFuckoff
Strange
Re: mono tub question [Re: cloudsaregathering]
    #11179466 - 10/04/09 09:40 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

thank you so much, like i said, this is my first mono. i LOVE IT. i'm tearing down my GC after the last flush in the casing in there, and converting it to a mono tub too. awesome set up you guys. and thank you.

--------------------
Bloodhound Gang

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
Re: mono tub question [Re: Fuckoff]
    #11179514 - 10/04/09 09:52 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

awesome.....dont worry about the hotness from the sun....it wont kill it...not compared to the PC..or CONTAMS>.lol......but enjoy your tub experience....im just a week behind you.before i induce fruiting to mines.....

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale