Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
The two party system is fail.
    #11177877 - 10/04/09 12:25 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

All they ever do is argue they can never get any legislation passed. Why don't we get rid of the system and have every candidate voted on based on their policies and not their affiliations. Is it purely about funding is that why we do it? They argue too much its really detrimental to progress.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: The two party system is fail. [Re: Coaster]
    #11178346 - 10/04/09 02:13 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

It is about funding......... and with that funding comes a certain sort of control over the candidates.

If anyone cares.... the goal for the next elections in 2010, senate or house, dun remeber which and dont really care......

VOTE OUT ALLLLLLLLLLL current senators and reps.

Except for MAYBE ron paul....... But even then.....

That stats are disgusting..... most people disaprove of congress..... and yet they have a HIGH retention rate.

I guess it is kinda how obama got into office :

" He speaks so well! "

I 'unno, 'aks him where da change is?

LoL, Dont get mad, I hated Bush too. :tongue2:

Vote 3rd party, excersize your right and throw your vote away!

Unless you are crazy enough to believe that the electorate bi-partisan representation is actually FOR the people. :rofl:

Did you know that there is no LAW that says you have to pay federal taxes?

Oh..... but you will get to go to court for it.... and may lose your property and end up in jail too.

BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE!

OR was that BY the ruling class FOR political favors!

OfflineMchaggis
cawbstawmper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Bama Ghost Country Flag
Re: The two party system is fail. [Re: Shad0w]
    #11178361 - 10/04/09 02:17 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Our country's not built to handle political parties

the constitution was created without regard to or knowledge of any sort of political system like that.

amendments! wee needz them!

--------------------
I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #11178985 - 10/04/09 09:39 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
All they ever do is argue they can never get any legislation passed.

The less they do, the better off we are.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: The two party system is fail. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #11179031 - 10/04/09 10:08 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

That right there is the whole point of our political system. Jefferson was a genius.

Look at Heath Care Reform. We've been talking about this since early in Clinton's first term, and we are just now maybe getting around to starting to do something about some portion of the problem. That's good government. Something needs to be done, we all agree on that. And soonish, too. But not today. And not tomorrow.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineYacub
Psychedelic Redneck
Male User Gallery

Loc: NOLA Flag
Re: The two party system is fail. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #11179094 - 10/04/09 10:27 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

True. This reminds me of two old sayings:

"No man's life, liberty or property is safe while Congress is in session".

"The best form of government in a two party system is gridlock".

I will never complain about the government not getting anything done.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #11179301 - 10/04/09 11:11 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
All they ever do is argue they can never get any legislation passed.

Unfortunately that is not so.  There is far too much legislation as it is.  Perhaps you would prefer the wonderful freedoms of China.  They can pass all the legislation they want.  And do.

--------------------

Offlinelysergamideman
Pathological Liar
Male

Re: The two party system is fail. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11184900 - 10/05/09 05:13 AM (8 years, 17 days ago)

The reason for the partys are nothing but a hidden system of control. So that the people are offered a choice, so they feel like they actualy have a say in the matter, when in reality it is already been decided, they just have to work the plans into something  to somehow make the people belive that there are the ones that have made the chioce for whatever actions it may be.  Dont think that the people paying to get elected officials sympathetic to there agendas do not fund people from both partys, what would make perfect sense, you want an agenda, fund one guy who is outright for it on one side, fund another who seems to oppose it, The guy you have who is open with his agenda speaks the most obvious issues that support his agenda, If he encounter wide public oposition have the other guy pretending to be against it step in, yet while he appears to be against the agenda, instead of pushing the main issues the 1st guy pushed have him push issues that are helpful to the 1st guiys agenda, but not obviously outright following the same pattern, the second guy institutes simalar laws, but says they are for other reasons and gives various excuses, fow why they need to be passed. But when ya look at the overall progress of both, they are still serving there master. But when the unpopular guy has been defeated the ignorant masses think they have made a different and done there good deed for there country, when they have just really sold it even more down the road.  A mistake many Of us made last november for example.  Get the point ??
Differnt guy , Different party, Same Master.  But just cuz he wasnt a repube every1 thinks hes the shit.
WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE !!  THE HOUSE YOUR ASLEEP IN IS ON FIRE !!!
Peace.

--------------------
I post for entertainment purposes only, Nothing I say here is based in reality. After the last time the aliens came they transferred my brain into a glass dome with tentacles and im stationary, but my tentacles work great for typing! So I scan the internet 24/7 while being stuck in my glass jar imagining different things and posting dreams ive had as if they were real. I once drank 10 gallons of lsd and flew to the center of the galaxy where i learned that if i cover myself in dogshit totally I become invisible to the naked eye ! Its pretty cool, ever think you smell dog shit but cant find it anywhere? Then that was prolly me lurking behind you, b4 the damn aliens gave me tentacles and left me trapped in this damn dome!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #11185185 - 10/05/09 07:55 AM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
the two party system is fail

I don't see how a three-party system would be any different. Multiple parties simply form coalitions to form a majority anyways. :shrug:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSmackshadow
It's Time for Wild Speculation

Re: The two party system is fail. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #11187521 - 10/05/09 04:54 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

"All they ever do is argue they can never get any legislation passed. Why don't we get rid of the system and have every candidate voted on based on their policies and not their affiliations."

Ya because that would stop the arguing.  :wink:

Organization is a big part of the two party system.  Fund-raising is a function of proper organization.  Candidates don't want to recreate the wheel every time they run for office.  In fact if we got rid of parties we would never have any turn over in office because the incumbent would have a political machine and the Challenger would be starting from scratch.

Not to say that I particularly like the two party system.  But it is this way for a reason.  Its just sad that the reason is not in the best interest of the people.

--------------------
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.

~H. L. Mencken~

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
    #11188667 - 10/05/09 07:27 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

I think bipartisan campaigning has ruined this country.

"Don't vote for that liberal hippy faggot! Vote for apple pie and God!"
"Don't vote for that conservative uptight douchebag! Vote for progress and choice!"

And all the while there was plenty of apple pie, progress and choice to be had, while the God-fearing churchies snuggled up to their televisions for the next lie.

--------------------
CLICKY!!!
!
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:
http://superftmn.deviantart.com/gallery/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion