Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshazzam

Loc: Tasmania
Re: Fear of not being able to return to normal consciousness [Re: astronaut]
    #11178682 - 10/04/09 03:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

WTF is thumbprint?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Fear of not being able to return to normal consciousness [Re: shazzam]
    #11178813 - 10/04/09 05:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The OP has a valid concern that is real and entirely within the realm of possibility.  Read a HPPD forum if you want insight into what happens to some people. It sounds fucking miserable and scary - and these are the lucky fucks who aren't locked up in the back room of a mental ward.

You should have some fear about having a trip and having it alter your ability to function in society, hold down a job, and care for yourself.  All this philosophical jerking off about consensus reality is fun, but don't delude yourselves.  If you become a drooling nut who can't wipe his own ass because you unhinged yourself with psychedelics, you won't be able to stroke yourself by saying reality is relative.

We are all playing with fire and some of us will get burned but the overwhelming majority will not.  Hopefully you are a lucky one.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Fear of not being able to return to normal consciousness [Re: Knobby Tops]
    #11178881 - 10/04/09 06:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Knobby Tops said:
I think that a lot of people have this fear in the beginning, and even though it is irrational, it is a worrisome thought.

With time and more experiences in the psychedelic world, you will eventually be able to reassure yourself that you will come down and that you will not be stuck tripping for ever.

LOL so true that is what I was going to say in  a way.

When I wig out now I dont worry about "not coming back down" I worry if the amount of stress I am going threw (and have went threw a few times before)while tripping is going to cause so permanent form of psychosis :smile:

Invisiblepo0dingles
0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Re: Fear of not being able to return to normal consciousness [Re: DNBplus]
    #11179005 - 10/04/09 07:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

OH MAN. One time I smoked MJ and I don't know WTF was in it but I was stoned for 3 days. NO JOKE. I was scared as shit that I had 'snapped something' in my brain. lol.

I finally came down very, very slowly. Took about a week before I felt sharp again.

Mind over matter. Just remember you're going to die some day and that everything around you is temporary ANYWAY. I'm not saying you should want to die, but when I'm bugging out and about to have a panic attack over stupid shit, just realize it's all bullshit, insecurities, and shit that doesn't even matter.

Also, find comfort in knowing the human body is amazingly resiliant. It can overcome a LOT of things we throw at it.

Hope this helps.

OfflineDelcasa88
Stranger
Female

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Fear of not being able to return to normal consciousness [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11179054 - 10/04/09 08:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I had the fear when on LSA.

I wasn;t having a really bad trip, but it was certainly very uncomfortable (sitting sucked, standing sucked, walking, laying down, music, tv, the fact that trees are green, everything made me feel sad).

My friend a I both didn't like the effect and decided to go to bed. I was not realy comfortable with the idea, not knowing how I would like to be alone in a dark room with my head full of natures version of LSD. But I decided to grab the bull by the horns and go for it. Bad call...

Lost every sense of sight (it was not that dark, but realy, I could not see ANYTHING). It made me loose controll of all orientation, what was left, right, up, down, high, low, I was lying in bed, floating throug total darkness. And it was depressing me. Thought raging through my head like a herd of wildebeasts on rampage. Thoughts,looking for a answer WHY I was going bad. What was wrong in my head that made me experience this drug so bad. What was the cause of my badtrip? Though about nearly everything came across. Nothing seemed to be relevant to cause it. And at one point I was kinda freaking out in my head. No grip on reality, no grasp to hold on to. I knew for sure that the next morning I would not see friends and family. I'd see white walls instead, a nurse and I was in a straightjacket...Realy thought I lost it...

After 15mins I realized it was not me, it was the darkness (or at least, the lack of light) that made me feel uncomfortable. So I opened the curtains and immediately I felt way better. Not good, but it was a relieve. Got out of bed and talked to my friend, who was experienceing the exact same thing. Together we sat and just waited fcor it to end...

Interesting experience but not quite what I hoped for... Not going to try again before gaining more tripping experience...

In all mushroom trips I never had the fear, didn't even occur to me. All was just too good!

--------------------
One of God's own prototypes, never even considred for mass production. Too weird to live, too rare to die.

I'm a lazy-ass 21yr old, stoner student and I manage to get succesfull results.... I guess everybody can :wink:

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Fear of not being able to return to normal consciousness [Re: Delcasa88]
    #11179102 - 10/04/09 08:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

You should have some fear about having a trip and having it alter your ability to function in society, hold down a job, and care for yourself.  All this philosophical jerking off about consensus reality is fun, but don't delude yourselves.  If you become a drooling nut who can't wipe his own ass because you unhinged yourself with psychedelics, you won't be able to stroke yourself by saying reality is relative.

Thats what I mean though............. What if those "reasons" dont apply anymore?

Your first reason is "some fear .... alter your function in society............. "

I mean.......

Do I really need to point out the irrationality of this?

But, over riding all "reason" you could give....... are you going to eat shrooms again?

Well..... then the "fear" you are having is USELESS. Non-practical, serves NO purpose whatsoever.

Wether you fear or not, the possibilities remain the same.

Just because your mind state is fearful doesnt mean the monsters go away, in fact, I would be MORE prone that the more fear you carry, the monsters can smell it on you. :tongue2:

So, There is nothing to fear at all.

It isnt about philosophy.

It is about what is real. and what is not. :mushroom2:

OfflineLifeLike
Best Hope for Humanity
Male

Loc: 4th Dimension
Re: Fear of not being able to return to normal consciousness [Re: shazzam]
    #11179241 - 10/04/09 09:00 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

pushing the bottom of your thumb into crystallized lsd and then licking it.

edit: to the person asking about a thumbprint, forgot to quote

Edited by LifeLike (10/04/09 09:02 AM)

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: Fear of not being able to return to normal consciousness [Re: joemolloy]
    #11179798 - 10/04/09 11:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
The OP has a valid concern that is real and entirely within the realm of possibility.  Read a HPPD forum if you want insight into what happens to some people. It sounds fucking miserable and scary - and these are the lucky fucks who aren't locked up in the back room of a mental ward.

finally, some1 who understands what its like to have HPPD. as nice as it is to have it, ppl never believe me how i can trip so badly off weed alone until they see me high and theyre just like wtffffffffffff.

thats where those thoughts come from that i was saying about me dying.

i read these acid reports from ppl on here and they sound exactly like how it feels for me when i smoke weed. nearly everytime. i just never say anything cuz ppl who dont have hppd wont believe any of it until they see u in person and r like holy fuck wtf is wrong with u etc.

--------------------

Edited by whatdidusay (10/04/09 11:05 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#11180213 - 10/04/09 12:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I get the fear and probably always will.  It is dose dependent for me.
at a certain degree of extra resonance or psychedelic manifestation, things are completely unrecognizable.

I am OK when time ceases to operate in just one direction, and when space is folding or bending or opening in ways that are very odd, but when I get lost and begin frantically looping and unable to let go, it is not very enjoyable.

If I had a thumb print, I would desperately want to save it as individually dose sized treasures for weekly use. I love to go to the threashold of space and time disintegration and reintegration, and to see the visuals along the way, going further than that is not a goal for me.

That said, I do cross the line with salvia a fair bit, but am back before too many eternities have passed.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

#11181239 - 10/04/09 03:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

whatdidusay said:
Quote:

joemolloy said:

finally, some1 who understands what its like to have HPPD. as nice as it is to have it, ppl never believe me how i can trip so badly off weed alone until they see me high and theyre just like wtffffffffffff.

thats where those thoughts come from that i was saying about me dying.

i read these acid reports from ppl on here and they sound exactly like how it feels for me when i smoke weed. nearly everytime. i just never say anything cuz ppl who dont have hppd wont believe any of it until they see u in person and r like holy fuck wtf is wrong with u etc.

That isn't at all what Joe was saying. "As nice as it is to have"? He said it "sounds fucking miserable and scary". Maybe you don't have true HPPD or maybe you do and enjoy it at the moment, but there are people really suffering from it.

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

Offlinezephyr9629
Stranger

#11181279 - 10/04/09 04:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's a feeling I still get, but it is always more like "what would happen if I didn't come down off this". I know that I will so the thought usually passes pretty quickly.

Edited by zephyr9629 (10/04/09 04:05 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fear of not being able to return to normal consciousness [Re: klimt]
    #11181293 - 10/04/09 04:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Its part of the time dilation experience.  Sometimes you can be experiencing no time for infinity.  And if you are at all uncomfortable it feels like this will last for ever.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Fear of not being able to return to normal consciousness [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11181685 - 10/04/09 05:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

LOLso true, I call that the mental time loop

OfflineCamKron
Mychotic
 User Gallery

Re: Fear of not being able to return to normal consciousness [Re: DNBplus]
    #11181872 - 10/04/09 05:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i never had that fear, then i did salvia
after that i didnt shroom for a whileeeeeee, but the next time i did i got the fear again, and now i usually get it...but i know its irrational and that i will come back down, so i just have to lead my thoughts elsewhere.... music and pot always helps too :wink:
but yea, i hope i get over it, so far smoking salvia that oen time is probly the worst 2 mins of my life...it was terrifying

--------------------
:cool: :mushroom2: :cool: All Pics And Advice Is Just Google Research :cool: :mushroom2: :cool: :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom