Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
What do you think about this?
    #11171986 - 10/02/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wrote it on a whim, sorry if it's not very good. I would assume all of this is common sense to the majority of you though: http://talasan.blogspot.com/2009/10/who-are-you.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Re: What do you think about this? [Re: OutThisLife]
    #11175487 - 10/03/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

No one?

Offlinepoponon
Quaaaack!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #11175500 - 10/03/09 02:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

dude I think is just an issue of:

tl;dr

but the comments make it sound like it's pretty good :smile:

--------------------
:smile: Y e e t!! :smile:

My Trade List

OfflineAcid_Raindrops
We're all mad here.

Re: What do you think about this? [Re: poponon]
    #11175513 - 10/03/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

u need a haircut

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: What do you think about this? [Re: poponon]
    #11175518 - 10/03/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Aren't you the one who said psychedelics were bad?

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: What do you think about this? [Re: Acid_Raindrops]
    #11175524 - 10/03/09 02:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Acid_Raindrops said:
u need a haircut

You should see my hair, fascist.:grin:

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

OfflineNoBrainNoPain
Enthusiast noob

Loc: here
Re: What do you think about this? [Re: solstice]
    #11175652 - 10/03/09 03:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I like how you think and write, congrat' ^__^

It's not that common sense, and it's good to have it remind.

--------------------
I would love a woodlover's print… PM If you have one and want to trade

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Re: What do you think about this? [Re: solstice]
    #11175794 - 10/03/09 03:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

solstice said:
Aren't you the one who said psychedelics were bad?

I was joking, most likely.

OfflineManyAk
Not A Shitgiver
Male

Loc: Somewhere but not here
    #11176690 - 10/03/09 06:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I really like that post man, great job. But as you said, it's obviously something everyone realises on psychedelics one day or another, but as another guy said, it feels good to have it reminded to us.

:thumbup:

--------------------
                                  we are all luminous beings
why then do we not appear before each other radiant in our illumination

Offlineinphinity
...and beyond.
Male

Loc: The Golden State
Re: What do you think about this? [Re: ManyAk]
    #11177244 - 10/03/09 08:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I really enjoyed reading this.

However, your paragraph on creation, just made me laugh.
We all came from one atom? What proof of that do you have? We are the proof? Maybe so, but that doesn't cancel out the idea that there might be a God that created us from nothing. You can drop all the LSD in the world you want and debate this with yourself, but it will still change nothing. You can't know the unknown. LSD allows us to basically break down anything into its simplest form and that simplest thing is atoms;however, just because we are composed of atoms, doesn't mean that there is no evidence of any supernatural force acting upon those atoms, controlling what they do, because everything does happen for a reason, and it's all leading up to SOMETHING.

I challenge you to challenge your own beliefs. Try not to just develop an eternal belief that what you believe will hold true for the rest of your life. We all struggle with the question that there is no true answer to. One way you can find an answer to this struggle is look at people who spent their whole lives struggling with the same question and look at what conclusions they came to. Although this may seem like a biased example, take a look at C.S. Lewis. Regardless of his beliefs, he was atheistic, then became agnostic, and now..

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Re: What do you think about this? [Re: inphinity]
    #11177258 - 10/03/09 08:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

inphinity said:
I really enjoyed reading this.

However, your paragraph on creation, just made me laugh.
We all came from one atom? What proof of that do you have? We are the proof? Maybe so, but that doesn't cancel out the idea that there might be a God that created us from nothing. You can drop all the LSD in the world you want and debate this with yourself, but it will still change nothing. You can't know the unknown. LSD allows us to basically break down anything into its simplest form and that simplest thing is atoms;however, just because we are composed of atoms, doesn't mean that there is no evidence of any supernatural force acting upon those atoms, controlling what they do, because everything does happen for a reason, and it's all leading up to SOMETHING.

I challenge you to challenge your own beliefs. Try not to just develop an eternal belief that what you believe will hold true for the rest of your life. We all struggle with the question that there is no true answer to. One way you can find an answer to this struggle is look at people who spent their whole lives struggling with the same question and look at what conclusions they came to. Although this may seem like a biased example, take a look at C.S. Lewis. Regardless of his beliefs, he was atheistic, then became agnostic, and now..

I always do challenge my own beliefs, and have for years.

Offlinemtichael
500 channels

Loc: sun
    #11177317 - 10/03/09 08:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

people dont know anything, they live in the past and are confused

ive never forgot who i was, i was confused at times but nature is my guide

--------------------
The stars relly suck tonight
Hate is so usefull i make sandwichs out of it
:sandwich:

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#11177319 - 10/03/09 08:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I've come to similar realizations a while back.

Good job.

OfflineZep Tepi
Illuminated
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shamballa
    #11177361 - 10/03/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I thought this was very uplifting. It is a great comfort to just love the inner core of life. I like to think that God was one. The one got lonely. He decided to divide himself and appear differently. We all come from the same place. We all are God looking at its self. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

--------------------
I felt like I was tricked. Having finally standing above everything. Looking down on life. The mystery is going to be reveled. One step at a time, on this path. Harmony...

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Re: What do you think about this? [Re: Zep Tepi]
    #11177373 - 10/03/09 08:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Zep Tepi said:
I thought this was very uplifting. It is a great comfort to just love the inner core of life. I like to think that God was one. The one got lonely. He decided to divide himself and appear differently. We all come from the same place. We all are God looking at its self. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Haha aww I like that, amazing. +5 rating, seriously.

Offlineinphinity
...and beyond.
Male

#11177525 - 10/03/09 09:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I apologize for that dumb assumption. I'm not thinking clearly in a literal sense due to the fact that I am sick. The reason I did assume that was because of the first statement you made in that first paragraph. It seemed as if you finally reached a conclusion and would stand by it no matter what.

And I hope that you didn't take offense to what I wrote. I just wanted to challenge your beliefs with what I believe and by no means are my beliefs solid yet at this point in my life. However, one day I hope that both of our belief systems are built upon the cornerstone of a solidified faith. Have a good one.

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

#11177547 - 10/03/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

inphinity said:
I apologize for that dumb assumption. I'm not thinking clearly in a literal sense due to the fact that I am sick. The reason I did assume that was because of the first statement you made in that first paragraph. It seemed as if you finally reached a conclusion and would stand by it no matter what.

And I hope that you didn't take offense to what I wrote. I just wanted to challenge your beliefs with what I believe and by no means are my beliefs solid yet at this point in my life. However, one day I hope that both of our belief systems are built upon the cornerstone of a solidified faith. Have a good one.

It's okay. I know some people really stand by their beliefs here, so I didn't take it personally. Glad to see you're more open minded than some of the people here, though. :thumbup:

I usually come to conclusions and break them down as I go on living. I always find some new way to define life, the atom one was the most recent and what I found most curious.

I took the 1 atom thing as the big bang; expanding atoms.

Edited by OutThisLife (10/03/09 09:58 PM)

Offlineinphinity
...and beyond.
Male

#11177704 - 10/03/09 09:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I can relate. It was a struggle for me personally. ..I recently discovered LSD and fortunately, I was able to get a hold of five hits of the 06-08 Hoffman's :crazy2:, which I am savoring. The reason it was a struggle was I believed in a God but I started questioning that belief because how everything made sense mathematically and atomically and what not on LSD which kind of made it seem like there really was no need for a God.. Now I believe that everything was created in that way based on math and science so that things can govern themselves in a way so that the creator doesn't have to be present. And I realize I'm not speaking very clearly, I know what I believe, but its hard to describe it and put it into words.

I basically decided though while I'm on LSD to just enjoy and think about other things besides that big question we all struggle with. Our generation and the one before us, were the only ones to ever really do LSD which we are blessed to have. But

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

#11177742 - 10/03/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

inphinity said:
I can relate. It was a struggle for me personally. ..I recently discovered LSD and fortunately, I was able to get a hold of five hits of the 06-08 Hoffman's :crazy2:, which I am savoring. The reason it was a struggle was I believed in a God but I started questioning that belief because how everything made sense mathematically and atomically and what not on LSD which kind of made it seem like there really was no need for a God.. Now I believe that everything was created in that way based on math and science so that things can govern themselves in a way so that the creator doesn't have to be present. And I realize I'm not speaking very clearly, I know what I believe, but its hard to describe it and put it into words.

I basically decided though while I'm on LSD to just enjoy and think about other things besides that big question we all struggle with. Our generation and the one before us, were the only ones to ever really do LSD which we are blessed to have. But

That must have been an amazing trip, though. I have to say, I can't imagine having something like a religion ripped away from me; especially if I really believed in it. I did LSD my first time as an atheist, so nothing came too shocking.

Gotta say, you're strong. Keep it up.

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
    #11177745 - 10/03/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wow this was more scientific then I thought.

Its really good man, well written. your ideas flow onto paper (Or computers, whatever) nicely. ^_^

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Edited by Thisfire (10/03/09 09:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order