Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: falcon]
    #1121754 - 12/08/02 08:58 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: ]
    #1121755 - 12/08/02 09:00 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Of course it is.. life forms arent robots, after all. Some would argue that, but I think its fairly obvious that throwing free will/desire to survive into the mix really fucks things up.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: Phluck]
    #1121841 - 12/08/02 10:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

In reply to:

It's not totally random, or even random at all. It follows all the same laws of physics that everything else follows, meaning that it manifests itself in extremely intricate factal patterns.

Exactly which laws are you refering to?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1121901 - 12/08/02 11:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

...that, and invisible bitches is sexy!

--------------------
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: Murex]
    #1122281 - 12/08/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

yeah Murex - the environment/surroundings evolve, so the beings must as well

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1122368 - 12/08/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

the environment/surroundings evolve, so the beings must as well

Actually, I think this is the answer!  Evolution occurs because plants and animals have to constantly adapt themselves to changing environmental stresses.  Perhaps the composition of ocean water changed sometime after the development of the first, simplest life-form, and that life-form had to evolve its form and the way it functioned in order to survive.  Continual changing conditions led to continual changing life-forms, until fish evolved, and then amphibians, and so on. 

You guys are so smart!  What would I do without Shroomerites to help answer questions that boggle my brain like this? :smile:

-RebelSteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1122782 - 12/08/02 07:42 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well here on earth its the atmosphere and tectonic movement that keeps changing shit around (aside from modern humans)....

Some changes would simply kill everything off if evolution didn't exist.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1123333 - 12/08/02 10:17 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well.......DUH!  :tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1123724 - 12/09/02 12:57 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

OK, I'm new here. But I'm gonna field this one. It all has to do with Emergence Theory.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1323514 - 02/20/03 10:17 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

new species of plant came into existence about 30 years ago:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-584528,00.html

--------------------
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: Remy]
    #1323534 - 02/20/03 10:48 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

The Theory of Evolution is quite flawed. It states that species evolved by random, individual mutations. That is ridiculous.

The fact that species can evolve by random, individual mutations was proved by creating artifical life using this theory. I will continue to beleive in evolution until somebody else creates life using a different theory.

Here is a link about it:
Genetic Algorithms and Artificial Life resources

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: zeronio]
    #1323692 - 02/21/03 02:14 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

I'm trying my best to stay out of this topic but i just cant help myself.
Seriously what the fuck are you guys talking about? Its painfully obvious that none of you actually understands the basics of chemistry and biology. Anyone can glean a fair understanding of the theory of evolution by reading some science report of off the internet and then spew out meaningless science rhetoric in an attempt to look smart but it doesn't give your poorly stated assumptions any more credit.

I just wish people could discuss topics like this in a manner that they them-self actually understand.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Edited by Shroomnoob (02/21/03 03:52 AM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #1324012 - 02/21/03 05:15 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Shroomnoob-

Evolution is constantly being brought up around here... and I have to keep telling people to take a class on it. Just one textbook could clear things up. You can't properly argue for or against evolution in a forum...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineViking
"I've beenworking on myrr..rou..routine!"

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #1324037 - 02/21/03 05:29 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Exactly what is it that you think we don't understand Shroomnoob? Some of the people on this thread are obviously misinformed, but some are making decent arguments.

However, no one has answered the original question...*WHY* does evolution occur? We know it does, and we know the mechanisms it uses...but why is there a constant need to propogate and reproduce? Darwin couldn't answer it, and I have yet to hear anyone else come up with a decent theory.

Viking

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #1324049 - 02/21/03 05:43 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Sexual Selection and Natural Selection....

:grin:

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: Viking]
    #1324054 - 02/21/03 05:45 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

"but why is there a constant need to propogate and reproduce? Darwin couldn't answer it, and I have yet to hear anyone else come up with a decent theory."

There is no need for anything. There is no need for propagation and reproduction. But lifeforms do it because the lifeforms that don't do it die off. So there will only be lifeforms that propagate and reproduce...

--------------------
futuretribe.space

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1324073 - 02/21/03 05:55 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Phluck I think thats the same thing in life, if we were to be completely devistated that one thing went wrong we would get no where. Our mind and bodies have to control this process, and when something out of the ordinary does happen we either are obliterated or go into a downward spiral or we transcend through and gain knowledge of our experience and spread and grow like Phluck says. but not to say that if one were to eternally question the validity of learning your life would be completely meaningless anyway. but then that brings you back to the post about the pain formula and thoughts create reality. i think this forum just gets too lost in definitions and start looking at all these reflections and we all get lost. well i dont know if this has anything to do with what anyone wanted to hear, but this is my take from the discussion with some of my own understanding of how "it" works.

if you want to look at the physical principles of evolution i  think this might be better understood/ more easily accepted if you apply to much broader principles. why do planets "evolve"? galaxies? why do the particles come together? if physics can explain how these particles come together, then couldnt it explain the physical process of human evolution? i dont know too much where this forum is going. i just think evoultion happens cause evolution happens, its just how things work. i mean you think that in any given day how much do you learn? are you evolving then as you learn? do you learn to adapt? to exist? maybe you can find you answer in asking yourself does life "evolves" cause it has to or naturally it would just die? i dont think you will ever get to truth by making assertions.

heh heh... i dont know if other people have said this before but i thought of this when i was on shrooms and it brought me to a great realization. i think some guy in waking life also said the same thing. answers are only found in asking yourself other questions and the answers to those are but within other questions and so on and so on, as the quest for truth is an eternal lesson.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In reply to Mr. Mushrooms : I think thats a great key, i mean we are what... only 2 percent genetic variance from monkeys? we are simply all the same organism, we all run off of DNA, that is every single organisms back bone. chemicals are not prejudice. DNA is just likie clay, whatever comes in contact with it, it mocks a form. We are all essentially life, weve just had a different start. it brings you to question... why are humans so advanced now, maybe they are the oldest, maybe they are not from earth originally. then theres the question, if there is other life out in the universe does it also operate by DNA, if they didnt would we still call it a living creature? maybe we are all just like pieces of clay, and whatever our creators (anything from environment, to the most unknown (like aliens) ) and when we get played with we change shape. and thus evolution?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
one last thing, if you havent seen Waking Life i would realllly reccomend it, lots of great minds in that movie :wink:

--------------------
What?

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#1324085 - 02/21/03 06:05 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Evolution permits and understanding of the origin of life without any external "why" needed. You question presumes an answer.

Some people say "I don't believe in evolution because I cannot comprehend how complexity could arrise by accident". Some people say "I don't believe in creation because I cannot comprehend in the existence of a creator god". Both may be wrong.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WHY has life evolved? [Re: Viking]
    #1324320 - 02/21/03 07:43 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Because it can.

--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1324624 - 02/21/03 10:08 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Dna is the software program for the hardware of the physical living. Evolution could be the solution to a enviromental problem.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order