Home | Community | Message Board


Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Kava Kava, Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSayWhat
Native Shaman
Male

Registered: 07/03/09
Posts: 140
Loc: Cerebral desolate abyss
Last seen: 7 years, 15 days
Smoking weed sucks
    #11172226 - 10/03/09 12:12 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

I always tell myself, "Ok, don't smoke weed anymore because you don't even enjoy it."

I really don't enjoy it at all, yet time and time again I find myself saying "Yeah I'll hit that."

I get very judgmental of people when I am high, don't ever know how to function socially in a normal manner, and I feel like my mind is being strangled. I don't like who I am when I smoke weed. I don't like who other people are when they smoke weed. I don't like who other people are when I smoke weed. What if that shit was laced with something and that is why I got so fucked up and wont come down.

Still every time I am about to smoke I think, "This time it will be different, everyone else enjoys it, I will too." But deep down I know that I wont, and I know that everyone else is not really enjoying it either. How could anyone enjoy not being able to think?

Now I still feel high and it is like 9 hours later, and I know I wont feel normal again until I wake up tomorrow.

I wasted this entire day because I got ripped. An entire day of my life wasted. We don't have that many of those. I just wasted one.

I need rules.

1. Do not smoke around more than 1 other person.
2. Do not get super fucking high.
3. Only smoke before bed when you have nothing left to accomplish for the day.
4. Buy shit weed, because you don't like getting that high anyway.

So I guess what I'm getting at is: Why do you guys smoke weed?
What do you feel when you do it? Why do you enjoy it? How often and how much do you smoke?

And possibly most important: Are you happy with your life?


--------------------
Look at all the happy creatures dancing  on the lawn.

Sending me free spores is welcomed and encouraged.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery


Registered: 04/07/07
Posts: 2,097
Last seen: 1 year, 5 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: SayWhat]
    #11172319 - 10/03/09 12:39 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

I also do not like weed. I just cannot think at all while high. So the only thing I do now is kava. I feel pretty much the same you do. Except I dont do it anymore. Happy with my life? Maybe.. In the present yes but when the shit hits the wall Im not happy about my past, or even what my future holds. The future holds no meaning when theres nothing in the future except for money. That cannot bring back my family or the fact that Im socially fucked up.

Socially IDK, maybe I just dont know what to say sometimes, Im the quite guy. Not like Im scared to speak. But I frequently find myself sitting there with nothing to say. Makes me feel lonely.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke


Registered: 04/14/09
Posts: 11,870
Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Last seen: 4 years, 8 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Enthrall]
    #11172358 - 10/03/09 12:47 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

I smoke weed because it is highly spiritual for me, it teaches me many things, and is just plain awesome. It is less psychedelic if you have a tolerance, but even at that point, is still really nice and has many medical benefits, if not overdone.

Despite many trips on pretty much every natural psychedelic, and experience with plenty of other drugs, weed is still my favorite. It changed my life completely and for the better, and still remains good to me.

and you know some strains are more unnerving than others, the amount smoked can have some to do with it, and especially set & setting. Just because people with a tolerance can smoke 6 blunts a day and seem relatively unaffected, does not mean that it can't be a powerful psychedelic.


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRocker232
Stranger


Registered: 10/17/08
Posts: 6,631
Last seen: 6 years, 2 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: SayWhat]
    #11172367 - 10/03/09 12:49 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

SayWhat said:
I always tell myself, "Ok, don't smoke weed anymore because you don't even enjoy it."

I really don't enjoy it at all, yet time and time again I find myself saying "Yeah I'll hit that."

I get very judgmental of people when I am high, don't ever know how to function socially in a normal manner, and I feel like my mind is being strangled. I don't like who I am when I smoke weed. I don't like who other people are when they smoke weed. I don't like who other people are when I smoke weed. What if that shit was laced with something and that is why I got so fucked up and wont come down.

Still every time I am about to smoke I think, "This time it will be different, everyone else enjoys it, I will too." But deep down I know that I wont, and I know that everyone else is not really enjoying it either. How could anyone enjoy not being able to think?

Now I still feel high and it is like 9 hours later, and I know I wont feel normal again until I wake up tomorrow.

I wasted this entire day because I got ripped. An entire day of my life wasted. We don't have that many of those. I just wasted one.

I need rules.

1. Do not smoke around more than 1 other person.
2. Do not get super fucking high.
3. Only smoke before bed when you have nothing left to accomplish for the day.
4. Buy shit weed, because you don't like getting that high anyway.

So I guess what I'm getting at is: Why do you guys smoke weed?
What do you feel when you do it? Why do you enjoy it? How often and how much do you smoke?

And possibly most important: Are you happy with your life?




I disagree with your attitude. Why? I have been there myself. It is very easy to blame "weed" for the way you think. Weed however is not the issue. What do you think its doing, changing the way your brain thinks? No, weed is merely bringing out a little more of the subconscious. Address your problems and you will be able to enjoy weed. You do make a good point though, there is no NEED to get super high. Do I like being super high? Not really, I do however love being high. There is no shame in taking a hit and not taking another. Who the fuck cares? If you are around people that you feel "pressured" to smoke more than there's a problem right there. That problem has nothing to do with weed, it has to do with the company you think.

Weed isn't for everyone, but don't be so quick to blame weed for your issues. I have had many panic attacks while high on weed and my initial reaction is always to blame the weed. Was it weed that was keeping me from getting a job though? Was it weed that was making me not address issues that I needed to deal with? No. If anything weed has always told me to get my shit together. Many times I will put off doing a paper and I will smoke up only to realize "You need to do this shit first before you have fun."

The only thing I "hate" about weed is that when I am high I deal with shit and when I am not I don't. Weed doesn't let me have my fun if I don't deserve it.


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male


Registered: 05/13/09
Posts: 4,584
Loc: Flag
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Enthrall]
    #11172379 - 10/03/09 12:52 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

from reading on the shroomery alot it seems like people with social anxieties generally don't enjoy weed
i get the same problems if i'm extreeemely high. but sometimes i can be as social as ever when i'm totally baked
for me it's more like i get to a point of the high where i can't really focus on conversation that well and combine that with the rapid memory loss i usually have no idea what people are talking about if it's not interesting enough to hold my attention.
i've been pretty shy all my life but since starting weed, acid, xtc, etc i've become much much more social and it's easier for me to talk to random people i've never met before. and really it's just been apart of growing up for me, trying to socialize with other people more instead of isolating myself from everyone.


but besides that i smoke weed because i enjoy it. it helps me relax, it makes me feel good, it makes sex 100x better, it makes food taste 100x better, it makes music sound like its coming alive. there's too many reasons why i enjoy weed to list them all.

for some people it's just not their kind of thing. but for me i'll be smoking till the day i die.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke


Registered: 04/14/09
Posts: 11,870
Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Last seen: 4 years, 8 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Rocker232]
    #11172383 - 10/03/09 12:53 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Weed however is not the issue. What do you think its doing, changing the way your brain thinks? No, weed is merely bringing out a little more of the subconscious. Address your problems and you will be able to enjoy weed.




QFT


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRocker232
Stranger


Registered: 10/17/08
Posts: 6,631
Last seen: 6 years, 2 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: blazenn]
    #11172386 - 10/03/09 12:54 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

blazenn said:
from reading on the shroomery alot it seems like people with social anxieties generally don't enjoy weed
i get the same problems if i'm extreeemely high. but sometimes i can be as social as ever when i'm totally baked
for me it's more like i get to a point of the high where i can't really focus on conversation that well and combine that with the rapid memory loss i usually have no idea what people are talking about if it's not interesting enough to hold my attention.
i've been pretty shy all my life but since starting weed, acid, xtc, etc i've become much much more social and it's easier for me to talk to random people i've never met before. and really it's just been apart of growing up for me, trying to socialize with other people more instead of isolating myself from everyone.


but besides that i smoke weed because i enjoy it. it helps me relax, it makes me feel good, it makes sex 100x better, it makes food taste 100x better, it makes music sound like its coming alive. there's too many reasons why i enjoy weed to list them all.

for some people it's just not their kind of thing. but for me i'll be smoking till the day i die.




Agreed. Sex and music alone are great reasons to smoke. I just like how it makes everything more interesting. Nothing like playing a video game and adding my own soundtrack and feeling as if I'm in the game.


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke


Registered: 04/14/09
Posts: 11,870
Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Last seen: 4 years, 8 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: the bizzle]
    #11172393 - 10/03/09 12:56 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

so, do any of you guys take 9 hits of acid and 8 grams of shrooms and then go try to socialize or something else like that?

probably not, and weed is a powerful psychedelic in it's own right, but it's easy to try to force the idea that it's not when it's just like cigarettes to some people who either don't seem to experience it's power anymore, or somehow manage to never see the "spiritual" side of it


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID



Edited by the bizzle (10/03/09 12:56 AM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRocker232
Stranger


Registered: 10/17/08
Posts: 6,631
Last seen: 6 years, 2 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: the bizzle]
    #11172399 - 10/03/09 12:57 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
so, do any of you guys take 9 hits of acid and 8 grams of shrooms and then go try to socialize or something else like that?

probably not, and weed is a powerful psychedelic in it's own right, but it's easy to try to force the idea that it's not when it's just like cigarettes to some people who either don't seem to experience it's power anymore, or somehow manage to never see the "spiritual" side of it




Yeah, weed really effects everyone differently. Some people can sit there and smoke forever while others take a few hits and are usually done. I do not even think it is tolerance either. Weed has ALWAYS been an "experience" for me. Obviously not every time but I feel I have hit the higher points of weed more than most people I know.


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedesiretoheal
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Registered: 08/16/09
Posts: 1,286
Loc: Here
Last seen: 5 years, 6 days
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Rocker232]
    #11172402 - 10/03/09 12:58 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

I haven't smoked in a while, but I always end up loving it or hating it. Usually I am either very sociable on it or I just have to sit there with a stoned grin on my face getting lost into what's going on. Then I will sometimes get really high from smoking a little for some strange purpose and get vertigo, time loops, or extreme dry mouth. It can be heaven or hell, but I still think pot is better than alcohol hands down.

It brought out some creativity from me for sure.


--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke


Registered: 04/14/09
Posts: 11,870
Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Last seen: 4 years, 8 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Rocker232]
    #11172424 - 10/03/09 01:03 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Yeah, weed really effects everyone differently. Some people can sit there and smoke forever while others take a few hits and are usually done. I do not even think it is tolerance either. Weed has ALWAYS been an "experience" for me. Obviously not every time but I feel I have hit the higher points of weed more than most people I know.




yeah...the first time I saw my friends playing video games when we were stoned, it just boggled my mind. How in the world could you play a video game at a time/in a state like this?!

of course, I have grown to love playing video games high, but often I'm in too mystical a state to do that if I haven't smoked in a while (no tolerance)

but I love taking tolerance breaks, because it makes getting high absolutely profound for me, although I could see that state making some situations uncomfortable. also if i'm in a profound psychedelic state, socializing does not always seem the most fitting, unless it's with people I really enjoy who are talking about somethign interesting or intelligent


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID



Edited by the bizzle (10/03/09 01:05 AM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male


Registered: 04/29/06
Posts: 13,259
Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: the bizzle]
    #11172440 - 10/03/09 01:06 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Saves you alot of money......


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male


Registered: 05/13/09
Posts: 4,584
Loc: Flag
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Rocker232]
    #11172446 - 10/03/09 01:07 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

hell yeah i don't even play video games anymore unless i'm high
i usually suck ass at counterstrike, halo 3, CoD unless i'm baked
it makes it so much more fun and i'm like 100% focused too. i used to just get stoned and play WoW 24/7 but now that game is absolute trash
i still blaze up and play wc3 and css pretty often though


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRocker232
Stranger


Registered: 10/17/08
Posts: 6,631
Last seen: 6 years, 2 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: the bizzle]
    #11172448 - 10/03/09 01:07 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Yeah, weed really effects everyone differently. Some people can sit there and smoke forever while others take a few hits and are usually done. I do not even think it is tolerance either. Weed has ALWAYS been an "experience" for me. Obviously not every time but I feel I have hit the higher points of weed more than most people I know.




yeah...the first time I saw my friends playing video games when we were stoned, it just boggled my mind. How in the world could you play a video game at a time/in a state like this?!

of course, I have grown to love playing video games high, but often I'm in too mystical a state to do that if I haven't smoked in a while (no tolerance)

but I love taking tolerance breaks, because it makes getting high absolutely profound for me, although I could see that state making some situations uncomfortable. also if i'm in a profound psychedelic state, socializing does not always seem the most fitting, unless it's with people I really enjoy who are talking about somethign interesting or intelligent




To be honest with you, I HATE smoking without a tolerance. My tolerance is back to a nice level right now, I can get pretty high off of a big vape rip. A few weeks ago even small hits were doing me in. Weed with no tolerance to me is too much of a head fuck for me. Its not "mystical", it just feels like a trip but I am trapped inside my own head. I like weed with a tolerance because I can relax with it. I don't like the extreme side of weed, its never done me any good.


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke


Registered: 04/14/09
Posts: 11,870
Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Last seen: 4 years, 8 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Rocker232]
    #11172458 - 10/03/09 01:09 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

just take a few hits if you don't have a tolerance. Even with good "regs", you only need a few hits, really. Those are the times when I really gain a lot of insights


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineiamu
Sall Growman
Male


Registered: 04/12/09
Posts: 2,412
Loc: Ireland
Last seen: 2 years, 9 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: SayWhat]
    #11172473 - 10/03/09 01:11 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

SayWhat said:

4. Buy shit weed, because you don't like getting that high anyway.






lolololllolllol


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRocker232
Stranger


Registered: 10/17/08
Posts: 6,631
Last seen: 6 years, 2 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: the bizzle]
    #11172474 - 10/03/09 01:11 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
just take a few hits if you don't have a tolerance. Even with good "regs", you only need a few hits, really. Those are the times when I really gain a lot of insights




If I have no tolerance, weed will do me in. I haven't smoked regs in a few years now and I most likely never will with hope. I hate the way it tastes and how it puts me to sleep as soon as I am done coming up. Weed is beautiful don't get me wrong, but I look at it as not being "mystical", but rather it being so "simple". It makes the world seem much simpler to me, things simply "are". Tripping does this to a much greater level, but weed is a great way of doing it on an everyday basis.


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAleph1
Dasein


Registered: 09/14/09
Posts: 457
Last seen: 7 years, 5 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Rocker232]
    #11172476 - 10/03/09 01:11 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

I feel same way. I only enjoy smoking at end of day with an ambien


--------------------
Who you jivin' with that cosmic debris?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedoom876
Stranger

Registered: 08/01/08
Posts: 2,043
Last seen: 7 years, 8 months
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: Aleph1]
    #11172483 - 10/03/09 01:13 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

I used to smoke, and feel my insignificance, still did it, still loved it even if it hurt.


--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSayWhat
Native Shaman
Male

Registered: 07/03/09
Posts: 140
Loc: Cerebral desolate abyss
Last seen: 7 years, 15 days
Re: Smoking weed sucks [Re: the bizzle]
    #11172508 - 10/03/09 01:20 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

I kind of like it when I am by myself sometimes because it has spawned a few story ideas for me in the past.

I think rocker got it right in his first post. I do have a lot of social anxiety all the time unless I am drunk. I am always analyzing everything people do to try and figure out the "true" meaning of their actions instead of just taking things at face value. When I am high this is amplified.

I am just going to get a one-hitter with the little metal cigarette thing and go easy with it I think.

I need some mushrooms so I can address my issues in a helpful manner :cool:


--------------------
Look at all the happy creatures dancing  on the lawn.

Sending me free spores is welcomed and encouraged.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Kava Kava, Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Community >> The Pub

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* So my parents caught me smoking weed again so I wrote them a letter.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Poptart 35,538 143 05/21/13 08:56 AM
by Gumby
* quit smoking weed yesterday
( 1 2 3 all )
PreparationH 8,083 54 12/23/09 06:07 PM
by PreparationH
* "Why do you smoke weed?"
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
never.never.land 6,994 82 03/03/09 12:01 AM
by sam.larone
* weed sucks
( 1 2 all )
rakipo 5,370 32 09/13/12 05:52 AM
by Mad_Larkin
* Haven't smoked weed in 2 days...
( 1 2 all )
itsthedank 3,099 27 10/01/09 02:00 AM
by itsthedank
* anyone hate smoking weed with ppl they don't know?
( 1 2 all )
ayshuca 4,583 22 08/30/08 03:17 PM
by Terrapin78
* how did your parents catch you smoking weed?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
4ohdmt 19,498 129 08/17/13 02:37 AM
by ActiasLuna
* Quiting weed sucks
( 1 2 3 all )
Mutatis Mutandis 5,174 42 04/30/08 08:57 AM
by gENERIX

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
8,880 topic views. 3 members, 66 guests and 65 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.044 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 21 queries.