Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBeanBurner
Stranger
Failed drug test
    #11172133 - 10/02/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So what to do next?  I got hit with a random drug test with the company I had been with for 6 years.  I'm not necessarily that upset with losing the job because I hate it.  I need to figure out a way to get some money coming in pretty quickly and the job market is tough, to say the least.  I do find some happiness in the fact that they will now have to figure out exactly what I did there without me telling them.  They have no idea the connections that I had made over the past few years there and just how much I get done there.  So FUCK EM'.  But where do I go from here?  Anyone have any experience closing out a 401K?  Will I be able to collect unemployment(I really doubt it)?

I should say that I actually haven't been fired yet and am struggling with whether to go to work on Monday or just let it go.  I smoke weed.  That does not embarrass me in anyway.  All these assholes drink and smoke cigarettes and they are fine but I smoke weed and I am the worst kind of person.  I could really drop the bomb on Monday and let them know just how much of that office smokes weed but that would be spiteful and I'm not that kind of person.

I'm not sure if anyone will actually read through this rambling mess.  The truth is, don't really care if anyone does or not.  I just needed to vent some frustration and bowling earlier tonight did not do the trick.  I bowled pretty well, in case you were wondering.

Peace

Go smoke some weed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Failed drug test [Re: BeanBurner]
    #11172142 - 10/02/09 09:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

sorry you lost your job bro, but if you hated it now you can find one you like.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #11172146 - 10/02/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

go to work monday

this weekend look to see what can come up hot on a piss test that isnt an illegal drug

unless you've already confessed

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#11172162 - 10/02/09 09:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:haha:

InvisibleBeanBurner
Stranger
Re: Failed drug test [Re: idiotek]
    #11172187 - 10/02/09 10:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have not confessed to anything yet, there was no one there to confess too.  The fucked up part is that I get weed for the owners son. 

I would love to find another job, I just don't know how easy that will be.  I guess I will find out soon.

That's fucked up 1d10t3k...:smile:

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#11172199 - 10/02/09 10:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You'll be OK.  Jobs that do random drug screenings suck anyway.

OfflineZep Tepi
Illuminated
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shamballa
    #11172223 - 10/02/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's stupid they test for thc. They should take it off the drug tests. Create a new test that can detect alcohol and nicotine for 30 days. Think about how many of the folks in your office would fail that test.

--------------------
I felt like I was tricked. Having finally standing above everything. Looking down on life. The mystery is going to be reveled. One step at a time, on this path. Harmony...

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Failed drug test [Re: Zep Tepi]
    #11172247 - 10/02/09 10:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's sort of an asinine argument to try to make.

OfflineZep Tepi
Illuminated
Male User Gallery

#11172279 - 10/02/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

1d10t3k said:

THC causes no physiological harm to the body. Tobacco causes emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease. Alcohol harms the brain and liver. If things were managed properly, tobacco and alcohol would be illegal. Cannabis would be legal and BeanBurner wouldn't have to worry this bs.

--------------------
I felt like I was tricked. Having finally standing above everything. Looking down on life. The mystery is going to be reveled. One step at a time, on this path. Harmony...

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#11172289 - 10/02/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You can't really compare THC to tobacco. 

Alcohol is healthy in moderation.  You're just as bad as the prohibitionists who want to limit our personal freedoms by keeping pot illegal - you'd have it so I couldn't enjoy a glass of fine wine or spirits, or beer for that matter after I smoked my pot, or perhaps a good cigar. 

Grow up and learn how to see the world outside the narrow scope of your biased and obviously uninformed point of view.

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twighlight Zone
    #11172315 - 10/02/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Zep Tepi said:
Quote:

1d10t3k said:

THC causes no physiological harm to the body. Tobacco causes emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease. Alcohol harms the brain and liver. If things were managed properly, tobacco and alcohol would be illegal. Cannabis would be legal and BeanBurner wouldn't have to worry this bs.

This is like arguing religion.  no one is going to win no matter how stupid the facts are.

--------------------
Grow Room

OfflineZep Tepi
Illuminated
Male User Gallery

#11172362 - 10/02/09 10:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It would be best to have all drugs legal. The smart ones would avoid substances that are destructive. It should be one's choice if one wants to shot heroine, snort coke, or free base meth. I would not recommend it though. I am open minded enough to know that the government doesn't work for us. They don't want us to discuss or argue their laws.

--------------------

Invisible123joey
3 o clock road block
Male

Re: Failed drug test [Re: drSE]
    #11172373 - 10/02/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i think if you get fired you can still get unemployment.

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
Re: Failed drug test [Re: drSE]
    #11172376 - 10/02/09 10:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

drSE said:
Quote:

Zep Tepi said:
Quote:

1d10t3k said:

This is like arguing religion.  no one is going to win no matter how stupid the facts are.

The fact is, marijuana is illegal, and I get annoyed when all the pro-legalization bitches do nothing but just that, bitch. Are you too dumb to figure out how to get a hold of marijuana and make it fit in your lifestyle? It's not hard to grow, hell, not hard to find. Besides, if you're incapable of these things, maybe you shouldn't be smoking pot?:shrug: I mean, the laws are unfair and all, but not hard to bypass...

To the op, BULLSHIT MAN! This is what pisses me off about drug tests. It doesn't matter how valuable you are to the company, or how good of a person you are. All they care about is what they can find in your piss.:mad2:
Sorry man...
Myk

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#11172662 - 10/02/09 11:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i dont like your name because its racist. how would you like it if i called myself crackerburner?

also in all seriousness, i think idiotek is absolutely right in his posts, but back to what you have going here, you should go into work monday.

what is it you do anyway? was there pre employment drug test? was it a total shock?

I have worked a ton of office jobs and it never even comes up, Sams club tested me, which i simply faked (synthetic urine rules, never have to worry about anything) and found a better job almost right away, it was cool to at least get paid by them and then ditch their ass.

and places that do drug test are a joke. my friend had to do it for a call center, he hates his job but it pays well. i think most employers realize its a waste of time and money. he just cheated on his anyway.

So this is an office? did they have it out for you? please give more details.

also file unemployment. then if they appeal, get on the phone. always always always file for unemployment no matter what.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineNJDevil
twisted firestarter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #11172718 - 10/03/09 12:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

what a bunch of bullshit, i worked w/ people in the past that have just started working for a few months and they get slammed w/ those random drug tests for something stupid, and i myself have worked the same job for two years until the day i quit and Never got One, while my co-workers lost their jobs for having to take one. but yea Fuck Em' dude.

--------------------
~TJ~ (aka)*NoT CoMmOn*

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Failed drug test [Re: NJDevil]
    #11173046 - 10/03/09 01:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NJDevil said:
what a bunch of bullshit, i worked w/ people in the past that have just started working for a few months and they get slammed w/ those random drug tests for something stupid, and i myself have worked the same job for two years until the day i quit and Never got One, while my co-workers lost their jobs for having to take one. but yea Fuck Em' dude.

sounds like its just used to harass people or give an excuse to fire. in Colorado you can fire people for any reason or no reason, but i guess if they did it here or other states with At Will employment it would be to avoid unemployment costs.

i dont know if At Will Employment laws actually benefit employees who just want to up and quit, i cant see why they would unless an employer could actually sue someone for being like "fuck this, im out"

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom