Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Sports Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Fuck the NL West, the AL Central is getting real interesting
    #11171478 - 10/02/09 09:01 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Tigers getting killed, Twins fairly well up.  Oh yeah.  As a Yankee fan I have no problem whatsoever with these pitchers not being in the playoffs:

Felix Hernandez
Zack Greinke
Justin Verlander

There is not one other pitcher in the AL to fear

Go Twinkies

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Fuck the NL West, the AL Central is getting real interesting [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11171665 - 10/02/09 09:45 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Fucking terrible night for Sabathia, though. Sweet fucking jesus.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: Fuck the NL West, the AL Central is getting real interesting [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11171674 - 10/02/09 09:46 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Ideally I hope the Twins and Tigers end up tied when play ends Sunday and have to have a one-game playoff Monday that the Twins win, burning their best starter in the process.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Fuck the NL West, the AL Central is getting real interesting [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #11173988 - 10/03/09 11:01 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

It's even better.  They can't play Monday.  The Twins have homefield and the Vikes are playing home Monday night.  They either switch the game to Detroit, against the rules, or wait until Tuesday.  Bwahahahahaha.

I don't give two shits about CC's start last night.  Just his next one.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #11174380 - 10/03/09 01:19 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

This is the worst possible scenario for someone like myself who would like to see the Yankees fail miserably.

Fucking Tigers.

Jesus.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck the NL West, the AL Central is getting real interesting [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #11174408 - 10/03/09 01:25 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Rockies are gonna take it!!!

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Fuck the NL West, the AL Central is getting real interesting [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #11174429 - 10/03/09 01:29 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

:lol:

My best friend Livvy is from Denver and is a fanatical Rockies/Broncos fan.

I have, no kidding, multiple text messages every day about the god-damned Rockies now.

And ceaseless Cub mockery as well.

I dread if Kyle Orton manages to win another Broncos game.

I will never hear the end of it.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Male

Re: Fuck the NL West, the AL Central is getting real interesting [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #11174433 - 10/03/09 01:30 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
This is the worst possible scenario for someone like myself who would like to see the Yankees fail miserably.

Fucking Tigers.

Jesus.

:smile:

Goooooooo Twins!

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: Fuck the NL West, the AL Central is getting real interesting [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #11174436 - 10/03/09 01:31 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Might not be so easy for the Twins though. They're up against Greinke in his final start of his Cy Young season.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#11174445 - 10/03/09 01:33 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Peavy yesterday against Tigers.

Golly.

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#11174600 - 10/03/09 02:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
:lol:

My best friend Livvy is from Denver and is a fanatical Rockies/Broncos fan.

I have, no kidding, multiple text messages every day about the god-damned Rockies now.

And ceaseless Cub mockery as well.

I dread if Kyle Orton manages to win another Broncos game.

I will never hear the end of it.

:yesnod:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#11175929 - 10/03/09 06:01 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Peavy yesterday against Tigers.

Golly.

And the Twinkies get Greinke today and what happens?  Right now the Royals have one inning plus Nathan to make up 3 runs.  Oh boy.

--------------------

Male

#11180414 - 10/04/09 03:20 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Tigers up 5-3, White Sox with one last chance to spoil it for them in the top of the 9th likely against Fernando Rodney.

Twins up 7-1, Pavano cruising along for them, hilariously enough.

Hope both teams win and have to do the one game playoff on Tuesday, and I hope the Tigers win that matchup. I think Verlander is spent and I think they'd be easier to crush.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#11180435 - 10/04/09 03:23 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Wonder what the odds are of the same division needing an extra game two years in a row.

Was Tigers/White Sox last year.

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #11180467 - 10/04/09 03:29 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Pavano cruising along for them, hilariously enough.

:facepalm:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Male

Re: Fuck the NL West, the AL Central is getting real interesting [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #11180483 - 10/04/09 03:32 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Matt Wise leads off the top of the 9th with a single to center for the Sox..

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Fuck the NL West, the AL Central is getting real interesting [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #11180485 - 10/04/09 03:33 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

GeoMcCheeseburgers said:
Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Pavano cruising along for them, hilariously enough.

:facepalm:

I told him the other day that that must kill a Yankees fan.

:rofl:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#11180782 - 10/04/09 04:27 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Nope.  Don't care.  It's done.  I hope they face him.

--------------------

Male

#11181083 - 10/04/09 05:34 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Nice!! One-game playoff Tuesday!

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11181810 - 10/04/09 07:26 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Wonder what the odds are of the same division needing an extra game two years in a row.

Was Tigers/White Sox last year.

Actually it was the Twins/White Sox last year. John Danks threw a gem and Thome hit a solo shot in a 1-0 Sox victory. If you remember correctly, the Tigers finished behind Kansas City last year.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Sports Forum