Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
God
    #11168777 - 10/02/09 08:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I am curious as to how the people in this forum feel about God on a personal level.  I am curious to see if there is a link between the absence of a good relationship with God and mental well-being. 

I, personally, have established a new relationship with God.  I was raised Catholic and fell away from the church in the late 90's and early aughts when people all around me were dying; when Catholic priests were all over the news for molesting children; and when I was opening my mind with psychedelics and marijuana.

I was greatly angry with the Catholic God and decided that he did not exist. 

It is important to note that when I was a child I had a very strong relationship with God.  I could sense the presence of a higher power early on.  When I rejected Catholicism, I was never able to consider myself an outright atheist.  I found great flaw with the entire Bible. Education as to how the canon was constructed furthered my negative feelings toward the Church as did the countless atrocities committed throughout history in the name of Christ. 

But still I had this feeling that there was more to existence than appearance.  Something either completely unseen or greatly misunderstood.  Some reason.

I had felt a closeness to God as a child and even after throwing away Catholicism there were times when I truly felt lit by the touch of God.

The feeling I refer to is very similar to that felt under psychedelic mushrooms.  It is the interconnectedness of all living things, the perpetual nature of nature, of which we are only the tiniest of parts and that ultimately everything is going to be okay forever.

And so I have been on a spiritual quest for the past seven years.  I did not always know it.  For a lot of the time I believed I was trying to "find myself" or "make something of myself".  Ultimately though I was in search of peace of mind.  I wanted to feel good about myself again.  To restore confidence in myself.  To find a reason to exist.

My pursuits led me to misery.  I began drinking excessively and shutting out the outside.  I stopped caring about other people and began to resent them.  Alcohol made these feelings worse and finally I got arrested for acting like an asshole.

They gave me 12 weeks of anger management and 20 hours of AA.  The entire process of getting sentenced, the night I had to spend in jail, the fear of going back, all led me to stop and re-examine myself.

Slowly it began to dawn on me that I was a miserable prick.  My intentions were most often self-serving and dependent on circumstances beyond my control. 

I started reading books on Buddhism, of which I had always been curious, and listening to stories at AA meetings. 

I saw what God could do for people.  I saw the peace of mind for which I was searching.  The possibility for a God of my understanding was once more opened in my heart.

Now I am trying to live constantly conscious of my ego.  The ego is a very fragile and manipulative mental state that serves itself.  By being conscious of this ego I am able to make clearer and better decisions.  I try to act in a way that is neutral at best and never negative.  I have stopped drinking alcohol.  I am trying to be a better friend to my friends and expanding the people I consider friends.

I do all of this with a new found faith that I can best explain like this.  The worst thing that you can do is cause harm to another living being.  The best thing you can do is provide help to a suffering living being.

I am trying to cultivate ways to be of the greatest help to the greatest number of people.  That is my only long term goal.  Day by day, I maintain consciousness of my ego through daily meditation.  I also try to keep a constant awareness of intention and the result of behavior driven by that intention.

God is the unfettered mind.  These days the stress in my life has gone down to a relative miniscule amount simply because I take faith in the fact that change and death are meaningless, attachment is the cause of suffering, and that peace of mind in the here and now is all that really matters.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmitington
Unidentified Flying Object
Male

Loc: Mushroom Kingdom
Re: God [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #11169339 - 10/02/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

We are god.  The universe is one.

For instance, we as humans are all flawed, but we all have moments when we shine, it is at these moments that omnipotents is emitted through us. 

The universe is one.  We are simply a part of what the universe is.  This is not mystical or magical, it is extremely basic.  The universe is God. 

The universe is chaos trying to resolve, the universe is a question trying to be answered.

We are the conciousness unit of the person that is the universe.

We seek to bring order and understanding to the universe and ourselves, therefore we are the universe seeking to bring understanding and order to itself.

As I said before, we are all flawed.  Somebody who has the insighs I believe I do is still extremely flawed. Take what I say as my opinion, but I think there's something to it.

When you feel the presence of god, what do you feel?  Mystery? Love? Understanding?  These are great experiences we can have.  We are the universe, and when we feel the presense of an omnipotent god, we are feeling the joy that is the answer to the question that is the universe.

--------------------

Edited by Smitington (10/02/09 11:35 AM)

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

Re: God [Re: Smitington]
    #11169431 - 10/02/09 11:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ever sit their, alone just waiting. Not knowing what for? It feels like something is missing.

I've found that to be a very god shaped hole in my heart.

I don't care if you believe in god, christianity, judism, what-have you. Their was a definit energy that created this universe (possibly a big bang) and through the laws of thermodynamics this energy is still their. To say weather or not this energy is concious or not is when you make the leap into religon.

I found god one morning watching the sun rise. It all just became so apparent, delcious tears of glory rolled down my face.

Belive.

And rember gods promises

I will be with you.

I will give you peace

I will make you a masterpiece

I will give you grace through faith

I will give you a future & a hope

MOST importantly

I will make all things work together for good. (godswill be done).

I have a very strange view of time and space and god.
You have to start with an understanding of the 12 dimensions of space (possibly more). we exist in the 3rd dimension wich is (length width and height) the 4th dimension we are aware of wich is time (duration). we are totally unaware of the the higher dimensions becasue our senses don't allow it. We have control over the lower 3 dimensions we exist in but no control over the dimensions above us (such as time).

Say if something existed in the highest dimension, it would have supreme control over everything in the lower dimensions.

This video shows how those 10 dimensions of space work, they have discovered more since.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What ever this energy is that created the universe is in every single living organism. It can give you a sense of being part of something much greater than we can concieve.

--------------------
“By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia’, the ’security’ of the nation, and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms’, our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.”
John F. Kennedy, April 1960

Edited by NoFaceToSave (10/02/09 11:52 AM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #11169436 - 10/02/09 11:51 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I never cared so much for having imaginary friends. :shrug:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

Re: God [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #11169467 - 10/02/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:

The world is however you percieve it. Perhaps what makes one blind is their own perception of their self importance or lack their of.

I guess if you really don't belive in god, wich is totally your free right to (after all he made us free) the least you can do is take a heavy dose of mushrooms, and trip in the woods and call god out. Call him out while tripping....

Its alot like this post:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5287617#5287617

Funny thing about tripping is its alot like real life :wink:

then again its just hallucinations right? *shifty eyes*

Im glad you chimed in though, i know you like to in these god debates.

--------------------
“By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia’, the ’security’ of the nation, and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms’, our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.”

Edited by NoFaceToSave (10/02/09 12:00 PM)

OfflineSmitington
Male

#11169485 - 10/02/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

NoFace:

I loved your explaination of God and your personal story.

I do not think dimensions are quite what you think.  I could get into it but it would probably require another thread, either way, the universe is extremely mysterious and it is quite possible that we will never completely understand it.

--------------------

OfflineSmitington
Male

#11169503 - 10/02/09 12:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:

Like said, life is what you make it, and I don't think you need to believe in an entity called God.  Just try to have an understanding for the mystery and greatness of life and you will do fine.  You are alive, and will leave a great impact.

--------------------

Edited by Smitington (10/02/09 12:02 PM)

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

#11169508 - 10/02/09 12:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Smitington said:
NoFace:

I loved your explaination of God and your personal story.

I do not think dimensions are quite what you think.  I could get into it but it would probably require another thread, either way, the universe is extremely mysterious and it is quite possible that we will never completely understand it.

Hey thanks, im alittle screwed up in the head and i dont want to be offensive to anyone becasue i belive in god and can even say i belive in christ.

I dont know how nutrinos work (the time particle???) they are like bound to our physical dimensions in this wierd U shape thing. I dunno. STrings and string theory, that book "black holes the language of god" and some crazy constituional ideology shape me into a very radical individual.

I drag all my friends out to the woods to trip and worship god, He plays with us like toys in a dollhouse, i can't explain it. You know when gods their. Injesting the hallucinegic host an hour before sunrise is deifnitly the best way to find god. You'll feel his love.

--------------------

Edited by NoFaceToSave (10/02/09 12:04 PM)

OfflineSmitington
Male

Re: God [Re: NoFaceToSave]
    #11169520 - 10/02/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I dig it man, I guess it's just one of my things to try to understand what dimensions are

--------------------

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#11169528 - 10/02/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I love God.  Because I began to love myself.  Love yourself, thus Love God.  Hate yourself and thus hate him.

Everything, EVERYTHING is God.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineSmitington
Male

#11169541 - 10/02/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NoFaceToSave said:
I drag all my friends out to the woods to trip and worship god, He plays with us like toys in a dollhouse, i can't explain it. You know when gods their. Injesting the hallucinegic host an hour before sunrise is deifnitly the best way to find god. You'll feel his love.

Sounds like you have a better understanding of it than me

--------------------

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

#11169708 - 10/02/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Once while doing heavy yardwork and listending to afterthe burrial while tripping on acid at my dead grandmothers house (actually like 2 weeks ago) This really crazy thing happend with this notebook I had.

I can't really explain it I had my bag of weed, pipe, lighter, guitar case +guitar, notebook, pencil + razor blade and one can of sprite sitting out in this one spot in the yard. I would get up and help my parents and their would be like these trippy little "lessons learned" kinda things. and i thought of a really funny joke and i was going to write it done in my notebook but halfway through writing it I forgot.

Becasue i didn't want to be stuck sitting their thinking about it I quickly crossed it out so my mind wouldnt focus on it, Then out of no where I wrote "It was never mine to begin with" on the page. It didn't mean much to me at the time becasue i was tripping and I write down phrases that sound beautiful to me all the time while tripping. I had the inkling to go talk to my dad (actually out of no where a big military C-37 was flying about 200ft over the house). I went around front and naturally he was talkign to his friend ron about military planes so i NEW they saw it. I dont want to get in what happend their becasue I have a delicate but beautiful relationship with my dad. But after i was done helping and the lesson was learned I tripped over this HUGE phat head of golden rod. I thought to myself, isn't that novel if you want the fatest head of golden rod just look for the one fallen over from its own weight.

Then it all came back to me, the joke. If you want to rember where you have been, pick the uggliest flower becasue then you know its the ugliest flower and that all the other ones are more beautiful. To anyone you show that flower to will think its beautiful but have no real idea the scope of how beautiful the place was.

So i rushed back to write it down but then i started to loose it, i lost teh whole front half (the part i scribbled out!!) all i could rember was "pick the uggliest flower" then i read it was never mine to begin with, which i previously wrote. my heart was filled with love and joy, i dont even know how to describe. I Accepted this and that all the thoughts in my head are not of my own but are only their becasue god lets them be.

Then it came back to me "if you want to rember where you have been pick the ugliest flower so you can rember the more beautiful flowers around us" is what i wrote.

I also made a funny stick figuer of me prancing around with my guitar playing to the flowers with an arrow pointing to the words "Gods ears". As if god hears me play and worship him through my jams as im walking around playing for everything that is alive.

I kept communicating with god through the notebook for the rest of the trip. It was soooooo muti-dimensional it made me want to vomit when I could start to picture it in my head. God was using my acts + time to communicate to me. I kept it up all the way till we needed to make an emergency run through the hills of pennsylvaiana to pick up a load of cement (I was still tripping hard and didnt want to tell my dad). I had to drive the car behind his car to get enough cement. It was scarier than any rollercoaster i ever rode. It was such an intense trip god had to stop me in the middle of it for icecream (litteraly my dad randomly pulled over at an icecream place and i follwed him and i was crying and shit lol). But enough of that story.

I forgot to mention with the sprite, everytime i returned it was this question of faith, if their were going to be bugs in my sprite. AS A MATTER OF FACT, i rember laying on the ground looking up at the sky thinking "their are people being shot at over their in iraq right now and im worried about bugs in my sprite". But anyways i would keep leaving and comming back and the sprite was always good. As soon as I knew it was empty and quit caring about it I came back and it was covered with ants.

You should check out the vendyl jones research instituion. They special in biblical archeology, They find relics from the bible like this annoting oil from the holy temple. http://www.vendyljones.org.il/anointingoil.htm

--------------------

Edited by NoFaceToSave (10/02/09 12:44 PM)

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #11169807 - 10/02/09 12:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

.:.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (01/23/10 12:33 PM)

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

Re: God [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11169842 - 10/02/09 01:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
I am curious as to how the people in this forum feel about God on a personal level. 

That its something that has no meaning and doesn't exist.

...and I say this as I'm wearing a silver ring with the shema engraved on it around my neck.:tongue2:

A personal relationship with god surely wont exist if you dont work for one. He loves you unconditionally and will test your faith. Most people seem to fail.

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #11169850 - 10/02/09 01:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (01/23/10 12:46 PM)

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

#11170087 - 10/02/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
I try not to form relationships with figments of someone elses imagination.

Just as imaginary as the life that is in all things living. I belive in the big bang, I belive that the energy of the big bang is why everything exists, now to say weather not this energy is concious or not is when you enter the relm of religion. Its not so imaginary, just kinda obvious.

Just cause god doesn't answer your prayers doesn't mean he doesn't exist, it just means your not praying for his will. Faith is always putting his will above yours. Someone people arn't willing to do that especially for something they deam "imaginary". Even if your life sucks looking back on it as a single point in 4th dimension time space I bet its far more beautiful looking at it all at once, understanding that all things will work together for good and he will make you a masterpiece.

If something existed in the 12th dimension of space it would have control over all the lower dimensions the way we have control over the 3 lower dimensions below us, We are aware of the 4th (time duration) but cannot change it. We can move things in the 3rd dimension but we cant move things in the 4th. If something existed in the highest dimension, it would have control over all the lower dimensions.

--------------------

Edited by NoFaceToSave (10/02/09 02:06 PM)

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #11170113 - 10/02/09 02:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (01/23/10 12:46 PM)

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
    #11170133 - 10/02/09 02:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

god may exist, but not any human made up shit.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #11170167 - 10/02/09 02:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I had a religious awakening about 4 years ago that really brought me into a closer, personal relationship with God.  I don't think I had ever fully abandoned the idea of God, but prior to that awakening, my conception of God had basically shrank to the level of naturalistic pantheism, basically an impersonal force in the universe.  After this awakening, I started praying, and God suddenly felt a lot closer and more intimate.  I feel like I now truly understand what people mean when they say that God is love.  I don't want to anthropomorphize God too much, but I would say that God is personal enough in nature that you can relate to Him/Her/It on a deep level.

As for what my relationship with God has done for me, it has definitely made my life feel more purposeful and profound.  Yet it's also alienated me from a lot of people I might otherwise relate to.  The word "God" can really push a lot of people's buttons.  If they simply didn't believe in God, that'd be one thing.  But there are many people who have a violent, visceral reaction to the notion of divinity.  I think a lot of people have been deeply wounded by religion, and we ought not to take that lightly.  I think for a lot of people, jettisoning the mythic God is an important part of their healing process.  But some of us who have already done that are also wounded by secularism and materialism, and the determination of modernity to destroy any sense of purpose beyond material pursuits.  Many of us feel the call of something greater than ourselves.  And I think it is in such people that God can reveal himself once again.

--------------------

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

#11173326 - 10/03/09 02:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
"Energy" doesn't live in things, it's physical quantity equivalent to the amount of work that can be performed by a specified force. For instance a ball held out above the ground has potential energy, and a ball flying through the air has kinetic energy.

EDIT: Oh, and my life is awesome. That's probably why I don't need to rely on imaginary concepts to carry my burden.

Their is so much that we don't know yet about energy that is just now starting to be explored. Even tests of what a flame would do in zero gravity on the space station has lead to some changes in our beliefs of what fire is really made out of.

Are you farmilier with the laws of thermodyanmics? My favorite law:

The law of conservation of energy states that the total amount of energy in a closed system remains constant. A consequence of this law is that energy cannot be created nor destroyed.

What ever created this universe (A big bang) is still their, in everything that is alive, all of us every animal every plant every insect and fungus. The energy didn't just go no where.

Now if you can believe that this energy is present (and in all of us) perhaps you can believe this energy is concious and in the end when everything is destroyed we will return to being god, then god will destroy himself again and create the entire universe.

He promises all things will work together for good.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds