Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

Doctors at my University...
    #11169478 - 10/02/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So last night, I randomly had a seizure. First time that has happend not counting one time when I took too many Trazadone, and another time when I blacked out and collapsed when trippin, but I didn't seizure that time.

Soo I decided to get this checked out at my university health center.

I know there's supposed to be doctor/patient confidentiality, but if I go to my school's doctor, can I be honest about my drug use and not worry about them ratting to administration or putting me on academic probation or anything? i dont want to go in there to get a diagnosis and end up being forced to go to some treatment center or some shit.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekriminalelement
"jesus wept."
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ay! los popos estan aqui!
Re: Doctors at my University... [Re: Deltron3030]
    #11169651 - 10/02/09 12:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've been to see a lot of doctors. I've been honest with some and dishonest with others. When I've been honest, I've done it with the intention of making sure the doctor knew everything about my history so they could give me the best treatment. Unfortunately, this is not what happens when one is honest with doctors. If they find out you're a drug user they will treat you like shit and blame all of your health problems on your drug use. They will also put you on a list at their office so you won't get treated with any drugs considered "abusable", even if you really need them.

At all university health centers, patient information can be reviewed by a variety of government entities, including the homeland security department and the DEA. Your university will not sanction you for you drug use, but admitting to drug use in a doctors office will fuck you with paperwork. That information is permanently documented and will be shared with insurance corporations and is accessible to many people. Your health information is NOT PRIVATE! Be careful what you tell people.

--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Doctors at my University... [Re: kriminalelement]
    #11169693 - 10/02/09 12:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes you can be honest with them, your medical information is private. Even if the doctor you saw was one of your professors they still couldn't use the information against you. Like the poster above said though, you can get blacklisted from being given things like the really good pain meds:lol:

Oh, and I spent the past couple of years working in the health science center at a university, so I'm not just talking out of my ass. Read up on it for yourself though, knowledge is power and all of that happy shit.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale