Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePeretusKhan
Wise King

Loc: Shittown, Cali
Anyone here into hip hop and has some flows?
    #1098990 - 11/30/02 05:48 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Does anyone at the shroomery rap? I do and am always looking for someone to flow with. Anyone here make beats? Peace.

--------------------
The ultimate act of survival is to be the Higher Being.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Anyone here into hip hop and has some flows? [Re: PeretusKhan]
    #1099378 - 11/30/02 08:44 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I make some beats and flow. I'm gonna put up some of my songs on mp3.com and link it around here someday. You have anything out there?

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflinePeretusKhan
Wise King

Re: Anyone here into hip hop and has some flows? [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #1101692 - 12/01/02 07:03 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've just got about eight songs written, but I wrote them to instrumentals. Some of the instrumentals I used are Nelly's EI, that Halloween beat from Ice Cube, and that one beat to the "ive got five on it" song. My friend is working on a beat right now, and once he finishes it I'll do a song to it. Of course I can also perform all my flows, which is more important than just writing them. I don't have the equipment to make beats, but I should be coming out with a demo soon. I don't know when I'll be able to convert the tape to mp3 formart, but once I do it will surely be on the Net. For now though I'm just honing my skills. I'm also working on freestyle, cuz I don't want peeps to start battling me and then lose all the time. I had that happen to me once already. I was just flowing with my friends downtown on the corner, then this dude came up and started freestyling. I think it was written though, since his partna was in sync with is flow, too. If you wanna see any of my written shit I wuld be happy to show it to you. Peace

--------------------

OfflineMycoThaikoh
Cognacaholic
    #1101712 - 12/01/02 07:13 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I don't want to post my shit here because my CD's not out yet.What kind of setup you have?I mostly just flow,but I'm getting better at producing tracks.If you put together a CD you can get a pretty good manufacturing deal at www.discmakers.com . OoD and HB both have good graphics design skills,you should ask them,I'm sure you could work out a reasonable price. I need to setup a small studio at home,I get sick of scheduling studio time. You can get professional quality studio for under $5000. But regardless of what kind of equipment you have,you must have talent. If you are gonna do a halfassed job,don't do it at all.If you spit it you have to feel it with all your heart,otherwise it's not worth a dime.You must write everyday so you can constantly progress. I've been writing daily for about 3-4 years,and shit I liked when I recorded or wrote it a while ago can't even compare to my newer shit. Rapping is just like any other musical skill,the more you do it the better you'll get.

--------------------

OfflineMycoThaikoh
Cognacaholic
    #1101914 - 12/01/02 08:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

I've just got about eight songs written, but I wrote them to instrumentals.

By writing to a beat you are limiting yourself.The most important aspect of rap is the lyrics,you should write your lyrics before the beat. The beat should just compliment the words, the beat should be modeled around each the song,not vica versa.
In reply to:

I don't have the equipment to make beats, but I should be coming out with a demo soon.

Either pay money for time in a studio or put together your own studio,but FUCK DEMO'S!!! You should get your own CD's printed up and sell them yourself. If you can make the money on your own you'll have more artistic freedom and will get a better deal in the long run,if major labels see you can do it without them they'll be more willing to cater to your needs.
In reply to:

I'm also working on freestyle, cuz I don't want peeps to start battling me and then lose all the time. I had that happen to me once already. I

First of all,get out of this mindframe.It's not about competition,it's not about showing off.If you are just doing this for "image" you shouldn't even speak a word. It should be from your heart,not your ego. By getting caught up in that shit,your mind is going to be clouded.It should be pure.

--------------------

OfflinePeretusKhan
Wise King

#1105080 - 12/02/02 07:21 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I've written a couple songs without a beat. One of them, my love rap, In Love Without True Evidence, is fucking awesome. I've been writing to a beat to learn more about fitting a beat. It's not easy for me to follow a beat yet, so I'm practicing that. I don't write as much as I should, well, raps. I write screenplays and poetry too.

As far as my shit being from the heart, it's ALL from the heart. I write about me being in debt, me getting my heart broken, this fucked up country we live in, some friends of mine that pissed me off, shit like that. I flow mainly to get shit off my chest, and meditate. Cuz when I'm flowing I don't think about anything but the words im saying. That's why I mostly just perform my raps instead ow rite them. I would lik eto be serious abou ti, but I have no cash right now so there's nothign I can do to produce a cd or anything like that. When that time comes, I'll get seriosu. For now, I'm just going to practice and write when I feel I have somethign important to say. That's another reason why I write to a beat, so I can perform it in my room with my stereo. Of course if someoen comes along and has beats and needs an MC, ill step up.

As far as competing, I really dont like it, I just feel it's neccessary, to appease the masses of idiots. I hate how this society places so much importance on image, but its a fact of life, so I hav eto be aware of my image. I want as many people as possible to hear my stuff, and I know I'll have to have a good image in order to do that. But if that means I have to sell my soul (aka not flow about what i want to flow about) then fuck that. Anyways, yeah. Peace.

--------------------

OfflinePeretusKhan
Wise King

#1105082 - 12/02/02 07:21 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

By the way, thanks for the info man.

--------------------

OfflineKeel
happy friend
Loc: Canada
    #1110605 - 12/04/02 04:17 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I beat-box, but i haven't written words yet. Anyone have any suggestions, for different sounds while beat-boxing??

--------------------
The sky embraces me even when you do not

OfflinePeretusKhan
Wise King

Re: Anyone here into hip hop and has some flows? [Re: Keel]
    #1116231 - 12/06/02 01:30 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've tried beat boxing a copule times. I can do some things. Using your hand in conjunction with your mouth helps a lot. Maybe that'll help?

--------------------

OfflineKeel
happy friend
Loc: Canada
    #1116920 - 12/06/02 11:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah that works. Sometimes it's hard to continue a beat and add new sounds without having breathing sounds in there too, which can fuck it up, depending on what kinda sounds  are happening.yeah. Using a mic works really well too, cuz you can hear the bass and create distortiionn :shocked: 

--------------------
The sky embraces me even when you do not

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order