Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

UK: £5m ‘frozen chicken’ drugs gang of pensioners jailed 37 years
    #11168859 - 10/02/09 11:22 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

yeah lock them up they are obviously hardcore criminals that pose a serious threat to society:confused:

Mike Brooke

East London Advertiser

Thursday 01 Oct 2009

A CRIMINAL network led by pensioners with a combined age of 312 imported at least £5 million of drugs hidden in a consignment of frozen chicken.

They were jailed today (Thurs) for a total of 37 years after a judge at Southwark crown court warned them of “a lengthy spell in jail in your twilight years.”

Police caught the ‘twilight gang’ unloading two tonnes of cannabis imported from Holland at a warehouse near Tilbury in Essex in March.

They arrested five men, three of them pensioners, for conspiracy to import controlled drugs. Another two fled the scene and are still on the run.

Searches of the warehouse uncovered 12 pallets containing two tonnes of cannabis.

Further searches were made at eight addresses in London and Essex, at Bethnal Green, Isle of Dogs, Rotherhithe, Norwood, Beckenham and Grays.

John Rowe (pictured, left), a 70-year-old from Mansford Street in Bethnal Green, was convicted by a jury of importing drugs and jailed for seven years.

Russell O’Cuneff (pictured, right), a 50-year-old from Glen Garknock Avenue, Millwall, on the Isle of Dogs, admitted importing drugs and got six years.

Two from south London also pleaded guilty. Wattie Souter, a 68-year-old from Rotherhithe, got nine-and-a-half years, and Patrick Maloney, a 54-year-old from Walworth, got seven years.

Warehouse manager Derek Mercer, 70, from Norwood, was found guilty and landed an eight-year sentence. Two more were also jailed after admitting their part in the smuggling.

Judge Martin Beddoe told the gang: “The older someone gets, the less excuse they have for getting involved in crime, particularly when it’s planned and organised.

“You knew full well what the consequences would be if caught—a lengthy spell in jail in your twilight years.”

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesubject
eat the sun
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Humboldt
Re: UK: £5m ‘frozen chicken’ drugs gang of pensioners jailed 37 years [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #11168872 - 10/02/09 11:27 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

shit leave them alone, they are older than the fucking jury who passed judgment on them.

Quote:

Judge Martin Beddoe told the gang: “The older someone gets, the less excuse they have for getting involved in crime, particularly when it’s planned and organised.

I think the complete opposite is true

--------------------
nappy then, nappy now, nappy for a bit
knee deep head over heals in this country shit

Invisiblebuddhabadger
Evil Overlord

Loc: The Forest
Re: UK: £5m ‘frozen chicken’ drugs gang of pensioners jailed 37 years [Re: subject]
    #11170777 - 10/02/09 06:23 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

subject said:
shit leave them alone, they are older than the fucking jury who passed judgment on them.

Quote:

Judge Martin Beddoe told the gang: �The older someone gets, the less excuse they have for getting involved in crime, particularly when it�s planned and organised.

I think the complete opposite is true

Absolutely agreed.

--------------------
- I don't abuse drugs; in fact, I think I treat them quite nicely. -

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service