Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread)
    #11160473 - 09/30/09 09:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So for all those out there who have reached a point when you've got
polyfilled tops scattered about,
substrate jars sit with dry coir on the sides,
half full casing material jar,
colonizing jars,
some tops with holes and some without
and still have a dozen jars not being used it seems necessary at some point to try and figure out how to keep those mason jars and tops and rings organized and not lost!
I also want to keep my jars nice in case I decide to use them to can food from my garden or kombucha batches. So I'm trying to keep these jars around.

An idea i had was get a small metal stick and attach it to my wall to hold the mason jar rings. I guess just stack my jar tops when not being used. I have a cardboard box from when I bought a dozen extra tops/rings but that thing is a bitch to try and store unused top in.

So what do you do to keep up with your jars?

Forgive me if this thread is in the wrong place but it seemed fitting

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread) [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11160541 - 09/30/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ha...not like that. I keep all my grows on a schedule. One going in the door and one going out. Even if theres a few tubs going at once theyre all on a pretty similar timeline. That way no matter what Im doing I do it all at once..

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread) [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11160564 - 09/30/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I bought a cheapo put-it-together-yourself two shelf cabinet to put my jars and lids into. I only put the ones that have gone through the dishwasher though. The others I leave on the table so that I feel disgusted enough to wash them and get them out of my sight. lol

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Offlineeviscerated
drugbunny
Female

#11160570 - 09/30/09 09:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I took a quart jar box (that little cardboard half-bottom thing) and cut some spare cardboard into little dividers and shoved them in there tight to make 3 compartments -- one for unpunched lids (no polyfil), one for single-hole punched lids, and one for my plastic lids.  I have a shoebox that I keep the bands/rings in and just grab some when I need them.

I keep a shopping bag with my punched lids that I've already stuffed with polyfil, because I tend to stuff them the day before or the day I'm going to need them.

I also have some smaller jars that don't have the same size lids, but I only have about 12-15 of those and I just keep them washed, top down on a bookshelf with their corresponding tops.

--------------------

Looking for: AUS, Cambo, F+, KSS, Lipa Yai, PE, PR, TEX, AF/TR or others  //  My strains: ARG, B+, HAW, Malay, MDK, SA, TAS, Yos(EQ), Z Strain(GT)

Offlineeviscerated
drugbunny
Female

Re: How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread) [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #11160592 - 09/30/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ha, I also leave my dirty jars out so I can't stand it and wash them  :thumbup:

I use a lot of verm so my jars are always a bitch and a half to clean.

--------------------

Looking for: AUS, Cambo, F+, KSS, Lipa Yai, PE, PR, TEX, AF/TR or others  //  My strains: ARG, B+, HAW, Malay, MDK, SA, TAS, Yos(EQ), Z Strain(GT)

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread) [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #11160620 - 09/30/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
Ha...not like that. I keep all my grows on a schedule. One going in the door and one going out. Even if theres a few tubs going at once theyre all on a pretty similar timeline. That way no matter what Im doing I do it all at once..

sounds nice...but where do you keep your mason jars? haha:smirk:
schedule ever get interrupted? contams? striking thoughts?

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 

Offlinefundamentalchair
Stand up
 User Gallery

#11160715 - 09/30/09 10:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I just clean mine and put the lids back on them... When I get enough empty to do a load or two through the PC, I run them up for G2G.

So, my jars are either on a shelf colonizing, or in a box in the closet.

I'm trying to get more 'on schedule', but I need more consistency in my water content and G2G.

--------------------
semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit

Sclerotia FAQ... If ya ain't got any stones, grow some.

Will work for Laetiporus sulphureus culture/spores (or any other Laetiporus actually), :pm: me.

My Trade list.

Ghetto Tek: Auto FAE & Light

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #11160762 - 09/30/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I throw it all back in the boxes they came in, boxes are stackable, easy organization

clean jars in boxes
colonizing jars in boxes
dirty ones get washed then boxed

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
    #11160777 - 09/30/09 10:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RonPaulVerm said:
Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:

sounds nice...but where do you keep your mason jars? haha:smirk:
schedule ever get interrupted? contams? striking thoughts?

Take em right outside and spray em with the hose. Then soak in soapy water over night and clean in the morn. I still have the boxes they came in. Back in the box they go and up in the closet till next time.

In years and years Ive had maybe 5 jars go bad. I even still use the same syringe ive been using for years as good luck.

OfflineMontock
Time = $
 User Gallery

#11161468 - 10/01/09 12:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I use closets, one closet in my master bedroom bathroom is used for incubation, and another closet in a spare room is used for everything else, minus fc placement, in the closet in the spare room i keep one shelf for empty jars, one shelf for non experiable material exp. tyvek polyfill, another shelf for experiable material exp. compost from hmc(huzzah), grains, casing material, and the last shelf for tools grinder, funnels, bowels, mesuring cups. I'm pretty anal when it comes to orginization. But knowing whats where and when will save you alot of headaches.

--------------------
Looking for Wife, please pm me your picture and list of skillz.

I'm wrong all the time, my posts are subject to being wrong at any  point or time, get butt hurt at own risk.

Offlinesdlocalkid85
Just a guy
 User Gallery

Loc: Bottom of the Sea
Re: How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread) [Re: Montock]
    #11161477 - 10/01/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

dude just put your jars in the box they came in, they can easily slide under your bed or stack in your closet, and there kinda protected from light and nosy people

--------------------
"There are no conclusive indications by which waking life can be distinguished from sleep" - Rachels

OfflineNineInchNails
Stranger

Re: How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread) [Re: sdlocalkid85]
    #11162481 - 10/01/09 07:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I keep my clean empty jars in boxes. Bottled beer cases work well too and hold 8 quart jars per box. Beer cases are very tough and last a long time.

I keep my rings on a homemade stand that has rods pointing upward. It’s a 2x4 lying flat with wood doll rods sticking up. Basically I just slide the rings over the rods. This makes it easy to keep my regular and wide mouth rings separate yet all in one place.

Dirty lids immediately go into a BIG Tupperware container and clean ones go in another along with my tyvek. I like to clean the lids ASAP to keep my shit organized. I hate having a bunch of dirty jars and lids lying around. Jars get a quick scrub and get tosses in the dish washer.

Edited by NineInchNails (10/01/09 07:59 AM)

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread) [Re: NineInchNails]
    #11162557 - 10/01/09 08:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i learned quick to clean te jars right after emptying them. Dry manure and verm and coir NOT fun.
I ran a set of substrate jars through the washing machine and some still smell like manure..

--------------------

Primitive Skills                                     

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
Re: How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11162663 - 10/01/09 09:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
I throw it all back in the boxes they came in, boxes are stackable, easy organization

I also do this, but with 10 qts instead of the full dozen in each box. This leaves room for 10 lids & bands, even after they've been polyfill'd :yesnod: Of course every 5 sets you need an extra box, but there are a lot of goods that come in flats of similar sizes.

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
Re: How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread) [Re: xeallos]
    #11162690 - 10/01/09 09:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well i like to keep all my cardboard boxs that comes in the dozens and stackem up in storage so when my jars are clean dirty i would just clean them about a day after when i hve time and restack them in the box neatly with lids and its just easier to carry, when my jars are ready i would stack tgem in the same boxs to carry them to the work room and etc.... It reallt comes in handy...

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Offlineeviscerated
drugbunny
Female

#11163056 - 10/01/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You put manure in your jars?

--------------------

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread) [Re: eviscerated]
    #11165833 - 10/01/09 07:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

composted manure a.k.a. "poo" around here

--------------------

Primitive Skills                                     

Edited by RonPaulVerm (10/01/09 08:01 PM)

Offlineeviscerated
drugbunny
Female

#11167165 - 10/01/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i use hpoo for bulk but are you putting poo in your jars for pasturization or...? 

poo never touches my jars because i pasteurize with a pillowcase, and scrape my wbs into the poo after dumping it into a monotub.  i suppose using jars to measure poo would be good if you wanted to have an exact spawn ratio...

although I've never measured I'm pretty sure one pillowcase of poo that will fit in my 23qt pc is around 18qts in volume (fluffed) and I eyeball adding verm but I'd guess I end up with about 21qts bulk sub to 5-7qts spawn.

but anyway is that what you're using manure in your jars for?

--------------------

Invisibleratdog
wild capture trader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado mount. top
Re: How do you keep your mason jars organized? (preference thread) [Re: eviscerated]
    #11167227 - 10/01/09 11:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i use this

it went to the birds first but i rescued it from the chicken coop

it was cover in shit!

--------------------
some people just don't get it:spank:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11241796
so here is a video or two or three for you guys:rolleyes:

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

#11168522 - 10/02/09 07:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, I haven't found a spare pillowcase I want to use in pasteurization (although I should because I'm gonna kick up the substrate for my oyster grow. Shit ton of straw
I do like the quick pasteurization in jars though. Glass keep the heat so you can boil in water for 5 min, sit for 30, repeat.

--------------------

Primitive Skills                                     

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags