Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Do you ever thank god????????
    #11168049 - 10/02/09 02:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I commonly say
O THANK GOD
even tho im atheist
its pretty funny
sometimes i just feel super lucky and i want to be thankful even tho its purely circumstantial

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Do you ever thank god???????? [Re: Coaster]
    #11168076 - 10/02/09 03:04 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

.:.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (01/23/10 12:27 PM)

Offlinethemostpurple
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11168077 - 10/02/09 03:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i try to replace it with something else. i usually just say, "OH my lawwds!"

--------------------
-_-_-_-

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Do you ever thank god???????? [Re: themostpurple]
    #11168080 - 10/02/09 03:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ahahahahahahahaahahahahah they think god created math :vaped:

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #11168086 - 10/02/09 03:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (01/23/10 12:47 PM)

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #11168089 - 10/02/09 03:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (01/23/10 12:28 PM)

Offlinethemostpurple
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you ever thank god???????? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11168100 - 10/02/09 03:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
Quote:

Coaster said:
ahahahahahahahaahahahahah they think god created math :vaped:

I know right:facepalm:

Then they'll get into "but where did the universe come from?"

They can't see the correlation between their inability to accept that they don't know something and the place-filler status of 'god'.

well of course, its the easy way out, that's what they're being taught for exploitation purposes, or simply out of false knowledge passed on thru generations.

--------------------
-_-_-_-

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #11168117 - 10/02/09 03:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I wanted to have a comment...but...

those wackos are too far gone :wow:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Do you ever thank god???????? [Re: the bizzle]
    #11168136 - 10/02/09 03:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleMycOhunter

#11168205 - 10/02/09 04:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think that many Christians get put down because they deserve it by being rude, but I dont think its kind to put them down...let me explain.

Most Christians go to church and at those churches they are brainwashed into thinking to judge anyone who does not share their same belief, this is obviously wrong because even Christians are not perfect, nobody is.

But not all Christians are that way, some dont go to church and are very open minded to drugs, others beliefs, as well as other things that "normal Christians" are not supposed to be open minded to.

I think it is wrong to lump all Christians into one category, even though the majority fit the role of preaching hell fire and damnation.

Being a true Christians means being open minded and loving towards others no matter what they do, think, consume, etc.

I dont speak from experience but I know several Christians who are cool people, they do not judge or point fingers at others for every little thing they do that is "wrong".

So you see the big problem is that most Christians are just confused about their beliefs, they are confused because instead of going to god for answers or whatever, they are going to a pastor at some church.

This pastor is a man, he might be having a bad day that day and say something that is not correct by biblical terms.  Most Christians do not understand the bible the way it was meant to be understood, they take it to seriously, or to old testament like.

This is not love and therefore should not be called Christianity, I see many people on here speak about other beliefs and they do not get judged at all, but once someone says they are a christian they get flamed, what makes one belief better than another?

What it comes down to I think is that nothing is wrong with putting your faith in something, but make sure you are doing it for the correct reason and at least have a fair understanding about the belief you are putting your faith into.

Some people need faith in a higher power, some dont, but what nobody needs to do is judge another for what they have put their faith in.

If Christians really understood the bible they would see that smoking herb, or taking active mushrooms is OK, it says so in the book of Genesis.

I love studying other beliefs/religions, and have come to see that many people are just being religious zealots because they think that's what is required of them, or they have a poor understanding of their god/religious text, or they were raised with those beliefs around them and want to follow their families footsteps because they think its the right thing to do.

So to make fun of others for believing in a god is ignorant, if someone is telling you that you are going to hell or whatever then just ignore them, its not hard, why should it bother you if you dont believe in their god?

If someone is going to beat your ass because you dont believe in what they do then by all means protect yourself, but that's a whole different story:grin:

--------------------
True Community:  The process of deep respect and true listening for the needs of the other people in this community.

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Do you ever thank god???????? [Re: MycOhunter]
    #11168265 - 10/02/09 05:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MycOhunter said:
If Christians really understood the bible they would see that smoking herb, or taking active mushrooms is OK, it says so in the book of Genesis.

I think that statement is debatable; when does someone 'really understand the bible'? This implies that there is one, objectively 'good' or 'right' interpretation. I think that people who believe in God or some higher power, somehow need an entity to transfer their own responsibility to ('sucks that I just lost my leg in a motorcycle accident, but it was apparently God's will'). Also, I believe that human beings are in principle not very well capable of dealing with a cosmos in which there exists no single objective norm; i.e. there is no Good or Evil. Religion offers an entity that will accept responsibility for our collective behavior as well as a normative framework that is postulated as a universal Truth.

I even think that there is a relationship with drug use, in the sense that drugs, or perhaps even the mindsets created through meditation or sports, may be a replacement or alternative to religion. Drugs allow is to not worry too much about responsibility, or even allow us to analyze our behavior and confront it with a normative framework that is based on our own insight instead of one inherited through education or organized religion. Essentially, drugs allow us to escape the need for a universal Truth, allow us to devise our own norms that will fit our situation and perception of the cosmos.

The danger, of course, is that this self-devised normative framework clashes with that of others, causing conflict and chaos. This in itself, of course, is neither good nor bad, as those concepts have no significance in any case. But ultimately, I believe this is the use of religion: it's a governance mechanism. Much like legislation.

Edited by koraks (10/02/09 05:29 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale