Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

LC question
    #11165730 - 10/01/09 07:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So i have this jar of LCfrom mycopath.  Here is what it says to do
Quote:

Instructions: Just insert needle into injection site and hold plunger so that it does not inject the entire syringe into the jar, only add 1-2cc’s of spores or culture into jar. Next you will want to inject an air port syringe into injection site and allow the vacuum to be released and introduce oxygen into the jar (make sure the lid is on tight). Another method of oxygen introduction is to hold the needle of an empty sterile syringe over a torch flame, and slowly inject air into the syringe (this air should be sterile since its being held over the flame). Then inject this air into the jar, repeat until vacuum is released. Add a minimum of 10cc’s of air each week to keep the culture alive. Simply incubate to proper temperature and watch your culture grow. 500ml. Guaranteed to be sterile and contaminate free.

I thought i was suppose to do it the other way around. inject the needle full of air to release the vacuum.  Are those directions correct?

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: LC question [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11165769 - 10/01/09 07:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'd release the vacuum first, myself.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: LC question [Re: Doc_T]
    #11165800 - 10/01/09 07:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:shrug:Thats what i always figured

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11165852 - 10/01/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's your LC, do it the way you think is right.

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11165861 - 10/01/09 07:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ive read quit a few stories of ppl losing the whole syringe cause they didnt release the vacuum first.

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11165969 - 10/01/09 08:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah. This says to be careful, but still, it's a risk. And why inject just 10 mL of air? Why not fill it up to even pressure?

But then why buy pre-made LC, right?

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11165978 - 10/01/09 08:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:shrug: Ask my gf that.  She also bought me 25 myco bags though... So that was good.

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11165990 - 10/01/09 08:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Can't argue w/ 25 mycobags. :thumbup:
What about this: go ahead and treat follow the directions, it just might work. Or you can see that it doesn't, and report back.

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11166012 - 10/01/09 08:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ill just put 2 cc's worth of spore solution in the syringe ill use to inoculate the LC... Cant go wrong if i do that.

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11166073 - 10/01/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

And 8 mL of sterile air. Then the process is automatic, it shoots itself for you! :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11166128 - 10/01/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ya, that would be good, 2 ml of spore solution, and the remaing 8ml  of sterile air.  That would take care of both issues at once:super:

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11166225 - 10/01/09 08:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thought experiment- instead of air, shoot in pure oxygen. Enough to bring it to even pressure or slight overpressure. Effect on myc will be... what?

Nothing, probably. But maybe something. I wonder how much vacuum is in an LC jar?

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11166455 - 10/01/09 09:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:shrug:  i dunno where i  could findpure oxygen.  100% oxygen is pretty damn flamable, i wouldnt advise messing with it...

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11166533 - 10/01/09 09:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, that's why it's a thought experiment. I could boost a bottle of O2, but I probably won't.

--------------------

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
    #11166545 - 10/01/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

your going to steal a bottle of o2 but dont like when ppl use tyvek from the PO, for things other than mailing shit?

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

Offlinefundamentalchair
Stand up
 User Gallery

#11166553 - 10/01/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

100% oxygen is pretty damn flamable

Not exactly, but it can be dangerous when around flammable substances.

Nitrogen scrubbers can be made with a filter and some sort of a compressor. Could get to 60-80% with home made materials, I would presume.

Short of that, I know there are places where you can get liquid O2, but I'll be damned if I know where or what kind of license you would need.

--------------------
semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit

Sclerotia FAQ... If ya ain't got any stones, grow some.

Will work for Laetiporus sulphureus culture/spores (or any other Laetiporus actually), :pm: me.

My Trade list.

Ghetto Tek: Auto FAE & Light

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: LC question [Re: truskool]
    #11166583 - 10/01/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

truskool said:
your going to steal a bottle of o2 but dont like when ppl use tyvek from the PO, for things other than mailing shit?

I said I could. I could steal a lot of things, but I don't. In the name of science I could justify a bottle if I ever got around to it- but like I said, probably won't happen.

--------------------

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
    #11166596 - 10/01/09 09:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

its not stealing from the post office.. its a government agency.. I paid for it to start with

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: LC question [Re: Slimz]
    #11166605 - 10/01/09 09:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wrong, PO isn't owned by the government, hasn't been since the 70's.

--------------------

Invisibleelemental420
A student
Male User Gallery

Loc: In da corn feilds.
    #11166618 - 10/01/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I get tyvek from the post office.

If its free its free.

They dont exactly tell you that hey this is for mail purpose only do they?

Yes I know thats the purpose of it being there but if its free it just like grabbing a free newspaper.

So... IMO its not stealing

--------------------
:mushroom2:You only get to live one time might as well enjoy:mushroom2:

FeelFamily Member :heart:

Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds