Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU]
    #11166269 - 10/01/09 11:06 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn
October 2, 2009 - Adelaide Now

A NEW hallucinogenic drug which lasts three days longer than LSD has emerged in Adelaide, police say.

The drug, referred to as DOI, is increasingly coming to the attention of South Australian police and health officials.

The drug can have fatal effects and has strong hallucinogenic properties including visual and audio distortion, SA Police Detective Inspector John de Candia said.

Consistent with other synthetic hallucinogens such as LSD, the effects of DOI are unpredictable and can vary for each user, Mr De Candia said in a statement.

The Royal Adelaide Hospital has reported treating a number of hallucinogen overdoses from unknown substances consistent with the toxicity of DOI, he said.

Some users reported feeling fearful due to the intensity and duration of the effect of the drug, which lasts two to three days longer than LSD, he said.

Mr De Candia said effects included mood swings, anxiety, paranoia, exhilaration, numbness, muscle twitching, increased heart rate and blood pressure, and nausea and vomiting.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebuddhabadger
Evil Overlord

Loc: The Forest
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: veggie]
    #11166318 - 10/01/09 11:13 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

A NEW hallucinogenic drug which lasts three days longer than LSD has emerged in Adelaide, police say.

(snip)
Some users reported feeling fearful due to the intensity and duration of the effect of the drug, which lasts two to three days, longer than LSD, he said.

Either the reporter missed a comma or they vastly overestimate the duration of an LSD trip.

--------------------
- I don't abuse drugs; in fact, I think I treat them quite nicely. -

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: buddhabadger]
    #11166471 - 10/01/09 11:38 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Me, my ex, and some friends got a sheet of DOI blotters about three years ago. Major rip-off. Tasted like total shit.

It does last about 30 hours. Maybe the journalist meant three times as long as acid.

I distinctly remember this being the only hallucinogen I was ever able to go to sleep on, and then wake up still tripping.
After about 18 hours I went to sleep, and then woke up in my girlfriends bed noticeably hallucinating.

Not a bad trip altogether, but not what you want if you are expecting LSD.
I remember AFOAF taking some of the DOI we had, going home and waking up her parents. She kept insisting that triangles were attacking her, and that circles were the only safe places.

I wouldn't recommend taking any horribly bitter blotters if you don't have the next 2 days off.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Offlinewowitch17
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Loc: Chile
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: Heffy]
    #11166638 - 10/01/09 11:59 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

agreed

--------------------

Offlinefatso
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA Flag
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: Heffy]
    #11167023 - 10/02/09 12:58 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:
Me, my ex, and some friends got a sheet of DOI blotters about three years ago. Major rip-off. Tasted like total shit.

It does last about 30 hours. Maybe the journalist meant three times as long as acid.

I distinctly remember this being the only hallucinogen I was ever able to go to sleep on, and then wake up still tripping.
After about 18 hours I went to sleep, and then woke up in my girlfriends bed noticeably hallucinating.

I remember AFOAF taking some of the DOI we had, going home and waking up her parents. She kept insisting that triangles were attacking her, and that circles were the only safe places.

I wouldn't recommend taking any horribly bitter blotters if you don't have the next 2 days off.

a whole sheet of a rare interesting chemical>plain paper

--------------------

My old Papaver Somniferums var. Gigantum and my Passion Flower...

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: fatso]
    #11167127 - 10/02/09 01:11 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

fatso said:
Quote:

Heffy said:

a whole sheet of a rare interesting chemical>plain paper

Anyday my man, anyday.:grin: I just don't know if I'd like 25-30 hours of tripping, the longest trip I've had was just 16 hours on LSD and by the end of that I ready to sleep for a week, not literally.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Offlinefatso
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA Flag
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11167535 - 10/02/09 02:18 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

i wish i tripped as long as some people on here.  im done tripping with shrooms 5 hours MAX usually 3.5-4. lsd 7 hours MAX 5 hours usual.

--------------------

My old Papaver Somniferums var. Gigantum and my Passion Flower...

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
. [Re: fatso]
    #11167584 - 10/02/09 02:29 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/18/10 11:56 PM)

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: veggie]
    #11167683 - 10/02/09 02:50 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

The drug, referred to as DOI, is increasingly coming to the attention of South Australian police and health officials.

The drug can have fatal effects and has strong hallucinogenic properties including visual and audio distortion, SA Police Detective Inspector John de Candia said.

Consistent with other synthetic hallucinogens such as LSD, the effects of DOI are unpredictable and can vary for each user, Mr De Candia said in a statement.

The Royal Adelaide Hospital has reported treating a number of hallucinogen overdoses from unknown substances consistent with the toxicity of DOI, he said.

Some users reported feeling fearful due to the intensity and duration of the effect of the drug, which lasts two to three days longer than LSD, he said.

Mr De Candia said effects included mood swings, anxiety, paranoia, exhilaration, numbness, muscle twitching, increased heart rate and blood pressure, and nausea and vomiting.

here we go. another australian article, about as factual as a fucking average cartoon. its quite sad, really.

i cant stress anymore, WHY are authorities and lawmakers etc winging about doi when its 100% THEIR FAULT that people accidently take it when thinking their eating acid?(assuming thats the manner in which most would come accross it and use it, thinking their really taking lsd.)

:facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #11167732 - 10/02/09 03:01 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

The drug, referred to as ALCOHOL, is increasingly coming to the attention of South Australian police and health officials.

The drug can have fatal effects and has strong intoxicating properties including visual and audio distortion, SA Police Detective Inspector John de Candia said.

Consistent with other intoxicants such as GHB, the effects of ALCOHOL are unpredictable and can vary for each user, Mr De Candia said in a statement.

The Royal Adelaide Hospital has reported treating a number of fatal overdoses from unknown substances consistent with the toxicity of ALCOHOL, he said.

:braindamage:

--------------------

Offlinedcox420
Adrenaline Junkie
 User Gallery

Loc: South East USA
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: Coaster]
    #11167861 - 10/02/09 03:36 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Man seriously I am just not a trustee of modern chemistry. I'll stick with my little 5 hours of fun that shrooms give me. Seriously a friggin 30 hour trip? Fuck that, I have shit to do. Spend a whole weekend basically trippin and recovering....I'll pass.

--------------------

My Busa...Nothing better than hitting the highway at 3am with no traffic and kicking it up to 110-120.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: dcox420]
    #11167914 - 10/02/09 03:59 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

a 30 hours trip sounds horrible. A 3 day trip sounds utterly terrifying. :what2:

OfflineSandoz
Ridin that wave

Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11168055 - 10/02/09 04:58 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

lSD trips not lasting as long as needed?? try DOI for those really long weekend retreats

Invisibleroquet
Expat tippler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dubai بجدية عربي...
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: Lucas89]
    #11168198 - 10/02/09 06:35 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Lucas89 said:
i cant stress anymore, WHY are authorities and lawmakers etc winging about doi when its 100% THEIR FAULT that people accidently take it when thinking their eating acid?

It's really the fault of the dealer. A dealer should test his own product and it doesn't sound like anyone could mistake DOI for LSD. He lied to his customer.

OfflineKushloveralex
Entheogenist

Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: roquet]
    #11168211 - 10/02/09 06:53 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

A full 72 hour trip? Where do I sign up?! :laugh:

--------------------
"ergot is a parasite that grows off wheat. if the wheat is havested, and made into bread, then the bread will be contaminated with ergot. ergot is LSD, or magic mushrooms (a drug that makes you huluisinate)" -  WikiAnswers  :lmafo:

"For monkeys to speak of truth is hubris of the highest degree. Where is it writ large that talking-monkeys should be able to model the cosmos? If a sea urchin or a racoon were to propose to you that it had a viable truth about the universe, the absurdity of that assertion would be self-evident, but in our case we make an exception." -  :mushroom2:Terence Mckenna:mushroom2:

InvisibleHerbBaker
 User Gallery

Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: Kushloveralex]
    #11168378 - 10/02/09 08:32 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

DOI is hellish drug, it is very hard on your body.(vascular constrictions) It gave me very serious heart palpitations after being up on it for 24 hours.
It also really fucked with my sleep for months after.

OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: HerbBaker]
    #11168794 - 10/02/09 11:00 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Is it really as dangerous as the originally posted article states with deaths "fatal effects" attributed to it?
I learned not to trust what "the anti-drug people" tell me about drugs.
For example, I know that pot is not a gateway drug.
The first mind altering substance that I tried was alcohol, a beer (few sips) when I was like 7 or 8 at a family wedding.
I was curious because I saw the adults doing it, the same with cigarettes. I tried to smoke a cigar when I was little too, nasty but I was curious from seeing my grand uncle smoking them.
When I was in high school, I tried and although it was nasty, kept smoking cigarettes. Prescription drugs I found in my folks medicine cabinet also happened before pot.

The lie that pot is bad, is the gateway drug. Once I saw how great pot was and how less dangerous and more controllable than alcohol or man made drugs it was, it made me wonder about the true effects of other illicit drugs and so made me more likely to try it for myself.

So, I will be reading trip reports until I have the opportunity to try DOI for myself and if I hear too much bad stuff about it or actual health issues that my fellow psychonauts report about, maybe i will just say no to that particular drug. I have Salvia if I want to distort reality and be home in time for dinner.

Offlinejordman
epileptimaniac
 User Gallery

Loc: down south Flag
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: Morican]
    #11262270 - 10/16/09 10:02 PM (8 years, 2 days ago)

Hi,

I bought two tabs thinking it was lsd. Found out last night and now reading this that it was DOI. I ate one, put on 2001 Space Oddessy, at the second an hour later like the rookie I was (had never had psychedelics before) and tripped for at least 36 hours, about 40.

I am now the happiest person. People comment on my positive energy, and I understand everything.

Its just a ride. That became pretty clear to me when about 20 hours in, the walls were moving and sound was going backwards and forwards, slower then faster.

In the words of the great one, my third eye has been fairly opened :wink:

www.dothejordman.blogspot.com

peace

--------------------
"Watching TV is like taking black paint to your third eye."
ttttttttssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

Read my experience in a rehab facility that was actually some sort of cult!

https://epilepticmoondancer.net/the-archway-chronicles-2/

Move over Rover!
And let Jimi take over.....

Offlinejordman
epileptimaniac
 User Gallery

Loc: down south Flag
Re: Extra-strong hallucinogenic drug hits Adelaide, police warn [AU] [Re: jordman]
    #11262316 - 10/16/09 10:15 PM (8 years, 2 days ago)

A month later a kind poster here helped me try mushrooms for the first time. I saw my eyes bulging out of my sockets rhythmically in the mirror, and horns coming out from my forehead. I saw Satan, my addiction.

Now clean and proud =)

Traveling away from the city on Tuesday on the west coast of SA, near Ceduna. Its a pity our hunts at Kuitpo turned up nothing for the trip, but oh well. Perhaps a clean mind could be good for me in such an area.

But I'm an artist, damnit!

--------------------
"Watching TV is like taking black paint to your third eye."
ttttttttssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

Read my experience in a rehab facility that was actually some sort of cult!

https://epilepticmoondancer.net/the-archway-chronicles-2/

Move over Rover!
And let Jimi take over.....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service