Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

LSD: Humanity makes me sad.
    #11165948 - 10/01/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The world is severely fucked up. We behave horribly and its really quite pathetic.

Sometimes I feel like judgment day is going to come and its going to come hard.

We all live in denial from the truth---we are not the people we pretend to be when we are around one another--we distrust and fear each other.

I am optimistic that one day things will change and we will learn to love one another but man--seeing the potential and the reality of the situation really bites.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSebastien
Don't look!
Male

Re: LSD: Humanity makes me sad. [Re: JackofSpades]
    #11165958 - 10/01/09 08:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What you say in your post and what is written in your sig conflict, I think.
I would really, really like to talk about the deeper things in life with you but I'm having a hard enough time getting iTunes to play a song while I'm this high :lol:

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: LSD: Humanity makes me sad. [Re: Sebastien]
    #11165994 - 10/01/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah. Good point. However, let me explain my quote.

I put that in there after my first (and only, so far) ayahausca experience. I realized that there are so many fucking problems in the world (and specifically in my own life) and until we ACCEPT them and start doing something to change them (as opposed to ignoring them or covering them up with other shit) they will never go away--

The key is to accept there is a problem and that there is a challenge and we need to fix it--not just sit back and let it overrun us.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

OfflineMoronicus
smokehousebacon.
Male

#11166026 - 10/01/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You just realized this? I get more and more paranoid with all the random shootings, murder/suicide, etc etc.
I'm really worried, I don't know who I might see on the news one day after some event like that happens.

I have many reasons for not wanting to live over 40 :noway:

--------------------

BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH

A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
    #11166038 - 10/01/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

There is evil. And there is good.

Both exist concurrently, but it is which you choose to pay your mind to that reflects your belief in the experience.

I am not saying that you need to turn a blind eye, but rather, ACCEPT it, and do your part to change it.

Peaks and valleys my friend.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: LSD: Humanity makes me sad. [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #11166058 - 10/01/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah. I mean, I accept it and I want to change it.

The problem is I'm in a very closed minded social environment which I need to escape.

--------------------

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

#11166069 - 10/01/09 08:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You should have seen how EASY Jesus had it. :shrug:

Offlineeruditemonkey
Stranger
    #11166098 - 10/01/09 08:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

"We all live in denial from the truth"

WHAT IS THE TRUTH, i need some fuckin clearity? I havent tripped in like a year, but i have been smoking a lot probably too much, and i have honestly forgot what its like to trip. I have forgoten the intensity, that realness that feels like the undeniable reality that we all seem to have forgoten.

i have forgoten some lessons i learned, and unfortunately im in a situation where i wont be able to trip for a while. I feel like im being brainwashed, like im getting caught up in all this shit again.But the last time i tripped i found out shit that i didnt want to know, or that i simply wasnt ready for, and somehow i forced myself to forget it.. 

So im really confused right now because im kind of scarred to trip again since i know how serious it really is, but at the sametime life feels so dull and unfulfillling for me, its driving me crazy. I also dont want to trip again because it only makes you aware of your problems it doesnt fix them, and if you arent ready to confront them, they will consume your trip.

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

#11166107 - 10/01/09 08:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

acceptance is all we can do to keep from losing our minds.
i have a hard time even looking at people anymore. it sickens and saddens me. peoples ego's getting in the way of how they could be living. people's ego's creating insecurities. people's ego's blinding them to the point to where they think it's ok to mistreat one another.

but you know it's only a handful of us that realize this. or at least thats what it seems like to me.

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: LSD: Humanity makes me sad. [Re: dummy]
    #11166129 - 10/01/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah. I've come to the point of just hating be around people--ego games.

Its sickening to partake in it, people become social constructions and forget they are just people and they fucking JUDGE you if you don't do the same

That is part of the truth. The real truth is what Bill Hicks said:

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather.

If this statement about consciousness is true than we should just see each other as one big fucking family and get the FUCK along. however, we fucking spit in each others faces every second of the day.

--------------------

Offlineeruditemonkey
Stranger
    #11166205 - 10/01/09 08:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

^^^ TC  "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."

see this is exactly the tpe of shit that im talking about.. If this is true than what is the point, why do ppl with bad situations even live, if they can just die and start a new life or w/e. You say there is no such thing as death, well i disagree, i feel death is a sensation that is part of the cycle of life..

What im finding out is everything is merely perception, its all how you look at and interpret things, maybe thats just 1 interpretation of life. But from the trips that i had, i know there is deeper shit out there and it makes this world look like a joke, so idk. .

you mind explaining to me what you think life is all about?

Offlinedummy

#11166214 - 10/01/09 08:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah it actually brought me to tears the last time i was on lsd. i just got done with a really powerful peak, probably the best i had ever had. i walked into a hotel to use the bathroom and saw this mexican lady scrubbing the shit out of everything.
it got me to thinking. these people come to america to break their fucking backs doing some menial ass jobs, and we tell them they're trash and we don't want them here. it's so fucked up, most immigrants have more right to be here then a lot of people that were born here(like those that don't contribute to society in anyway)even if they're here illegally . i told her thank you for showing me to the restroom and smiled at her. walked out and broke down like a little girl... i feel like it isn't acceptable at all but there are so many, to quote bill again, 'fevered egos' that it seems hopeless. people think they're better than each other because of this shit they were born with. i don't understand why.

--------------------

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

#11166227 - 10/01/09 09:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Have you never acted poorly towards another?

Have you ever judged another?

We are all in this together, but it is not a uniform process in which everyone has the same understanding at the exact same time. I have feel great guilt for the way I have behaved, and even future behavior which I have yet to commit, because we are human - and your ego is an undeniable aspect of you, us.

It is okay to ride the glow for a bit, but the challenge remains to remain aware of your ego.

When you come down from the warmness of the mountain, you can feel the coldness of the valley. .

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
Re: LSD: Humanity makes me sad. [Re: eruditemonkey]
    #11166240 - 10/01/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

We all live in denial of the truth

I don't mean to be a dick, but I feel this is the NUMBER ONE MOST CLICHED quote of all psychedelic users. Like monkey said, "what is the truth?" The fact is, whatever lies beyond death, or hell, what we're seeing when we trip, is wayyy beyond our comprehension. We can believe whatever we want, but there's no way for us to definitively prove anything in the spiritual realm. This is what's beautiful about psychedelics. When my ego is badly bruised and I find myself staring blankly at the massive blue sky, I realize how small I am in this universe, let alone whatever lies beyond it. "The truth," I feel, is what we try to grasp as we ponder how interesting existence is, but it's merely a driving force that encourages us to detach, and when we start to detach, the goodness in our hearts is exposed at it's fullest.

Existing itself is a beautiful thing.

Now as for the original post, I must say, I've only grown more and more bitter toward the world. It's nothing personal about anybody in particular, I just hate seeing the shit-holeness that is the human race. I guess it's seeing all this awful that drives me to be a better person myself. The conflict between good/evil is the driving force that brings us to the fundamentals of enlightenment? :shrug: It sucks, but it sparks our ego to go out and improve ourselves; basically, we try to compare ourselves as "better" than other people. (Interesting paradox huh. It's oddly egotistical to seek enlightenment, but  we must later shatter our ego's in order to continue further. :wink:)

Anywho, yes, people suck. Lets not forget, however, that in it's infinite complexity, life has a purpose for evil.
Myk

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

#11166250 - 10/01/09 09:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

see there goes mine

ego check

Offlinedummy

#11166267 - 10/01/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the difference is some people don't feel guilty. i can recognize my faults and i do my best to work on them. an i don't treat people like shit unless they treat me or others like shit. i don't see that when i look at humanity in general.

it really sucks... i love everything on this earth so much...except people.

--------------------

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

#11166296 - 10/01/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dummy said:
an i don't treat people like shit unless they treat me or others like

I think this is the root of all evil. Imagine that ripple that is felt when one bad deed goes punished - it expands and expands and expands until we are all 'treating people like shit'.

You feel guilt but you still lack transcendence:smirk:, since you are not above repaying your brother's mistakes with vengeance.

good nite. :rimshot:

Offlinedummy

#11166353 - 10/01/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

show me someone that can and i'll show you a saint. no one said i was trying to gain 'transcendence', what ever that means. i think the roots of all evil are the morals our culture instill on people. i don't think anyone is born thinking they're better than anyone else, it's just what they pick up. no one is born violent, they're taught it. it's something rotten at the foundation.

i can't help but be upset at others actions. i realize this is a fault of mine and i'm working on it. no one is perfect after all. but the point is no one even tries to be.

--------------------

Offlineeruditemonkey
Stranger
    #11166486 - 10/01/09 09:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

"i don't think anyone is born thinking they're better than anyone else, it's just what they pick up. no one is born violent, they're taught it. it's something rotten at the foundation." 

your ideas are only partialy true.. People dont have to be taught these things, its honestly instinctive, you know where you stand in the world. And to say all ppl are equal is just lie because come on i think its pretty obvious some ppl are given ridiculous oppertunities and there life styles are just above so many others. Superiority does exsist and all that all ppl are created equall is just bullshit.

As for the violence thing, i think you are being naive on that one too because lets face it the human race isnt some divine race, violence is something thats quite natural for humans. Just take a look at the world and look up some history, humans=violence..

OfflineScraps
Stranger

#11166525 - 10/01/09 09:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

im glad to see others have the same views on humanity as i do...
once after i was coming down off some acid i watched a 1 hour infromercial discussing about jesus christ and what not. since that day i will never belive in so called 'God'. although it doesnt surprise me people are acutally stupid enough to believe and live their lives by that crap im just glad i dont. another time tripping i realised that my goal in life is to die happy. and i still live by that, because who wantsto die unhappy, there is no point to a persons existence if that happens and you are only vulnerable to others contributing to that unhappyness.

FUCK US AS A RACE
HUMANITY IS FUCKED
DEAL WITH IT
LIFE IS A RIDE
WE WILL Never understand the point of life unfortunately just like fish who dont understand the hydrogen atoms which surround them.
u are all entitled to ur own opinions as am i and im sure the majority of viewers will not agree with this.

and yes humanity does make me feel sad .........sometimes

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom