Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: The whole concept of being alive is just so .... weird [Re: pftek]
    #11166540 - 10/01/09 09:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

you can walk away from it all. you just choose to go with this lifestyle because a.) everyone told you to and everyone does it. or b.) you can't give up what that money represents to you. And in turn you'd rather give up your freedom and your thoughts on corporate time.

to say you can't do it is just plain denial.

I'm going with this lifestyle purely to buy my land (outright, no loan), I save close to 90% of my salary.

I have walked away from it all, without land and basic ammenities I found it close to impossible. Owning land is important because living as a hunter gatherer is basically illegal, I got fined $450 for collecting/eating fruit in a national forest during my little adventure, not to mention you got to pay a daily fee to even pitch a shitty tent in the middle of nowhere.

The local government have made a "no money" lifestyle illegal, that's why I argue that you just can't "walk away from it".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepftek

Re: The whole concept of being alive is just so .... weird [Re: Morgenstern]
    #11166564 - 10/01/09 09:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mataspore said:
That is illogical, maybe.

Maybe its best not to worry about it?

perhaps. i can't really think of any reason why... at all.

Offlineskullhuman
the skullman cometh
Male User Gallery

#11166590 - 10/01/09 09:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

And now to wind back to this issue-

Perhaps the atom is realized in to being.  Perhaps everything you can possibly conceive of exists as potential, until realized.  Maybe the first atom, if there was one per se, was just the material response to the conception of consciousness, in to the realm of matter.

--------------------

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

#11166601 - 10/01/09 09:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
i'm thinking introspectively here. it's just boggles my mind how these objects and atoms can come together and form something that is alive and thinks. I don't think any animal actually thinks or have this concept or notion that it's actually alive - it just acts - it doesn't know any better. yet we have this odd ability to actually understand and try to make sense why?

dolphins, whales...cetaceans

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #11166620 - 10/01/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mataspore said:
Where did the first atom come from?
...and why?

I notice this thredd gawt slightly off-subject.

I know the answer, but I couldn't possibly explain it well. It just is. I know that is cliche, but when you REALLY see it, it's the most mindblowing thing ever. I have seen it before, and known the concept, but not like I saw it just a few days ago, and I feel like my whole life had been leading up to that point, and now I am as ecstatic as can be from this point on. Where did the first atom come from? from the first atom, from right now, from the end. There is nothing outside the realm of possibility, but there is also NOT "nothing". There is ultimately no difference between anything....bah it's impossible for me to explain right now, but that is infinity itself, which is the same thing as nothing. It's standing still and moving all at once. You couldn't even consider the possibility of "nothing" if it weren't inside the realm of possibility, which is only possible because it is possible. That is all there is, and it is everything, everywhere, every time, and every possibility at all once. It simply couldn't be any other way, and the fact that it even is is infinitely mindboggling and ecstatic...bah sorry for sounding like a retard, i'm sick and my mind isnt working too well, but this is by far the most amazing thing ever, simply the fact that it IS, because without that, there's not even nothing...it didn't just appear out of nowhere, and it wasn't created...in order for anything to anything, then: something. It's the only hway

and why? why not

I felt like it

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

OfflineMorgenstern
WHAT!

Loc: Flag
Re: The whole concept of being alive is just so .... weird [Re: the bizzle]
    #11166642 - 10/01/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You have me chilled.

--------------------
Admins can't read graphs.

Offlinethe bizzle

#11166664 - 10/01/09 10:02 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I have me :confused:

lol, kinda

and so do you :confused: :albundy:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinepftek

Re: The whole concept of being alive is just so .... weird [Re: Chubba]
    #11166691 - 10/01/09 10:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:
Quote:

you can walk away from it all. you just choose to go with this lifestyle because a.) everyone told you to and everyone does it. or b.) you can't give up what that money represents to you. And in turn you'd rather give up your freedom and your thoughts on corporate time.

to say you can't do it is just plain denial.

I'm going with this lifestyle purely to buy my land (outright, no loan), I save close to 90% of my salary.

I have walked away from it all, without land and basic ammenities I found it close to impossible. Owning land is important because living as a hunter gatherer is basically illegal, I got fined $450 for collecting/eating fruit in a national forest during my little adventure, not to mention you got to pay a daily fee to even pitch a shitty tent in the middle of nowhere.

The local government have made a "no money" lifestyle illegal, that's why I argue that you just can't "walk away from it".

you never really own the land just moreso than any single person.  and being in DEBT is one of the greatest forms of slavery. Because they get you to volunteer. It's like those american soldiers who were imprisoned in communist camps. They were never forced to do anything. They just made them "volunteer." And they became supporters of communism. It's amazing psychological work. 

but that's besides the point.

Hunter/gatherer is a bit excessive. Even owning the land, unless it's a farm wouldn't be able to support you. In order to live a freer lifestyle you would have to live off the goodwill of others or in exchange provide them with something meaningful. Whether that be  entertainment, wisdom, help, goodwill etc.

And if you really wanted to live THE freer lifestyle you would have slaves. "volunteers"  Corporate slaves of your own. Someone to do the menial tasks and actual work while you profit and have your thoughts to yourself and your free time.

Offlinepftek

Re: The whole concept of being alive is just so .... weird [Re: thatiAM]
    #11166712 - 10/01/09 10:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

thatiAM said:
Quote:

pftek said:
i'm thinking introspectively here. it's just boggles my mind how these objects and atoms can come together and form something that is alive and thinks. I don't think any animal actually thinks or have this concept or notion that it's actually alive - it just acts - it doesn't know any better. yet we have this odd ability to actually understand and try to make sense why?

dolphins, whales...cetaceans

my cat is pretty fucking smart but i don't think it ever sits there and contemplates life.

OfflineMorgenstern
WHAT!

#11166719 - 10/01/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I remember I had that month phase where I thought animals should be treated as equal as us.

Then, I realized how retarded animals are, from our intellectual minds that is.

--------------------

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
    #11166721 - 10/01/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

well have you ever asked your cat what it's thinking?

--------------------

Offlinepftek

#11166733 - 10/01/09 10:13 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mataspore said:
I remember I had that month phase where I thought animals should be treated as equal as us.

Then, I realized how retarded animals are, from our intellectual minds that is.

:lol: i laughed so hard i started coughing.

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

#11166735 - 10/01/09 10:13 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
Quote:

Mataspore said:
...and why?

I know the answer, but I couldn't possibly explain it well. It just is. I know that is cliche, but when you REALLY see it, it's the most mindblowing thing ever. I have seen it before, and known the concept, but not like I saw it just a few days ago, and I feel like my whole life had been leading up to that point, and now I am as ecstatic as can be from this point on. Where did the first atom come from? from the first atom, from right now, from the end. There is nothing outside the realm of possibility, but there is also NOT "nothing". There is ultimately no difference between anything....bah it's impossible for me to explain right now, but that is infinity itself, which is the same thing as nothing. It's standing still and moving all at once. You couldn't even consider the possibility of "nothing" if it weren't inside the realm of possibility, which is only possible because it is possible. That is all there is, and it is everything, everywhere, every time, and every possibility at all once. It simply couldn't be any other way, and the fact that it even is is infinitely mindboggling and ecstatic...bah sorry for sounding like a retard, i'm sick and my mind isnt working too well, but this is by far the most amazing thing ever, simply the fact that it IS, because without that, there's not even nothing...it didn't just appear out of nowhere, and it wasn't created...in order for anything to anything, then: something. It's the only hway

and why? why not

I felt like it

i have similar ideas and theory's that i like to consider.

i remember once when i smoke some salvia this one time, my life now, no longer existed. i had no knowledge what so ever of my current reality. i became the frequency of infinity, and that's all everything was. and you cant call it everything because its not even one thing. but that's all it ever was, and that's all it ever was going to be. it was infinite, i cant even describe the feeling.

when ever i think about it though, i keep asking why, what does infinite come from.

why is this happening?

there's no explanation. its cool to think about but in the end, it means nothing.

--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: The whole concept of being alive is just so .... weird [Re: trees]
    #11166746 - 10/01/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

the important part is that it can even be experienced. That is the ultimate. enjoy it

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (10/01/09 10:16 PM)

Offlinethe bizzle

#11166779 - 10/01/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:strokebeard:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

OfflineMorgenstern
WHAT!

#11166785 - 10/01/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Nothing truly exists without the brain interpreting it!

Oh snahp.

--------------------

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
    #11166790 - 10/01/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
:strokebeard:

:strokebeard3:

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle

#11166795 - 10/01/09 10:23 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mataspore said:
Nothing truly exists without the brain interpreting it!

Oh snahp.

more or less, pretty much. Something like that

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlineskullhuman
the skullman cometh
Male User Gallery

#11166804 - 10/01/09 10:23 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
Quote:

Mataspore said:
...and why?

and why? why not

I felt like it

I've often thought of this concept, and it seems to be abstract nearly beyond articulation. But the way I see it, the universe doesn't exist, and I suspect there being a phase cancellation of it unto itself.

If we presume the universe to be infinite, then we know it doesn't exist, because that's the nature of infinity.  It and zero are one another, because every single aspect of infinity seems to counter itself with an opposition, giving it a sum-total of nothing.

The universe doesn't exist.

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: The whole concept of being alive is just so .... weird [Re: skullhuman]
    #11166812 - 10/01/09 10:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

and yet somehow it does...aint it a doozy? :crazy2:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder