Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Satan on War
    #1115352 - 12/05/02 08:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Not a beleiver in Christianity or Satanism but I found this interesting http://www.abrupt.org/LOGOS/sow/sow1.html (it has 2 pages make sure you read them both)

I feel this argument for satanism is just as convincing as the argument for christianity.

I could be wrong but after reading this i'd say Christianity is to the superego what Satanism is to the id.

I'd be particularly interested in any replies from MarkostheGnostic, as he seems to be the shroomerys own authority on Christian idealogy.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1115471 - 12/05/02 08:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by Morrowind (12/05/02 08:46 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Satan on War [Re: ]
    #1116209 - 12/06/02 01:11 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, the website is pretty yucky but I don't let that get to me. Sounds like the creator has some issues to solve.

I really hope you do not leave but if you do know that you will be missed.

Take care of yourself friend.

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
    #1116454 - 12/06/02 07:07 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

you're leaving this forum beacuse of someone else's opinion? good luck to ya, and peace be the journey.

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
Re: Satan on War [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1116455 - 12/06/02 07:10 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

in a way i agree with you about this being as convincing an agrument as christianity, but only in the sense that it only gives 1/2 of the coin. i don't believe that one should live totally in blissful ignorance because their god protects them from all evil, just as i don't believe one should live totally in the dark believing that they are only out for death and horror. i enjoy bliss AND horror. i wouldn't be human if i didn't...

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#1116681 - 12/06/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I don't get what exactly the argument is, but I'd say that this, for example, is a plain lie:

Can you drag your eyes from the vision of a body stretched upon the rack, broken on the wheel, or squeezed to lifelessness by the slow agony of the hangman's rope? No, you can only gaze transfixed, every grain of your attention focused on the sight. And can you look away from the writhing monster of a battlefield, close your ears to the shrieks and groans of wounded men, close your eyes to the blood and the mangled flesh? No, you are entranced, enchanted, gleeful at the lurid picture of violent death and slaughter.

Except when violence is displayed on a screen (which is something different and a cultural issue), people do not "gaze transfixed", they look away. They just look into another direction. The above paragraph is a fiction, not an argument based on human psychology.

Disinfo has a great dossier on the Process Church of Final Judgement (author of "Satan on War"):

http://www.disinfo.com/pages/dossier/id275/pg1/

Edited by Nomad (12/06/02 09:54 AM)

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Re: Satan on War [Re: akyouser_oner]
    #1117391 - 12/06/02 01:36 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

in a way i agree with you about this being as convincing an agrument as christianity, but only in the sense that it only gives 1/2 of the coin. i don't believe that one should live totally in blissful ignorance because their god protects them from all evil, just as i don't believe one should live totally in the dark believing that they are only out for death and horror. i enjoy bliss AND horror. i wouldn't be human if i didn't...

that's the same way i see it.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Re: Satan on War [Re: Nomad]
    #1117397 - 12/06/02 01:38 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I thought the same thing when i read the article. However Christian doctrine lies too. No I can't think of an example off the top of my head. I'm not terribly familiar with Christianity.

--------------------

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#1117458 - 12/06/02 01:54 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

... however, from a purely rhetorical or stylistic point of view, the text is surely great literature. I enjoyed it a lot, in the same sense I enjoy a bad horror movie. Maybe one could approach christianity with the same mindset...

Thanks for the link.  :smile: 

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: akyouser_oner]
    #1117582 - 12/06/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Anonymous

#1117623 - 12/06/02 02:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I hear you Morrowmind.  My pm's are always open for you in case you  need it.

Have a great winter.  You will be missed. :frown:

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1117828 - 12/06/02 03:52 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

After Forever sort of explains that- the band was soo fuckin sick of being labelled satanists, they tried to end that

i don't know that your statement is true for a fact, but i take this opportunity to wish you all the best over the winter months. i was always(in the past) a big Sabbath fan, owning vinyl copies(still to this day) black sabbath, paranoid, masters or reality, volume 4, sabotage etc :smile: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Anonymous

Re: Satan on War [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1120431 - 12/07/02 06:53 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

i don't know that your statement is true for a fact, but i take this opportunity to wish you all the best over the winter months. i was always(in the past) a big Sabbath fan, owning vinyl copies(still to this day) black sabbath, paranoid, masters or reality, volume 4, sabotage etc 

No Dio???
:grin: 

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1120453 - 12/07/02 07:06 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

No Dio!!

hehe :wink: yeah well the RJD period was a little after my time of being really heavily into rock music. i will concede that i have "Last in Line" as well as used to have "Sacred heart"(both on vinyl)......saw the mighty mite in Detroit with Doro Pesch(Warlock) and Yngwie Malmsteen at Harpo's in December of 2000.....also saw Malmsteen open for Dio at the canadian national exhibition grandstand in the Summer of 1990 :grin: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder