Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Dehydrator

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineani.o
Mrs. Captn' to you!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Citizen of the world
Re-Drying Shrooms? (using Dehydrator)
    #11164047 - 10/01/09 03:53 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Aight..
So my first grow is done and over with and I am left with an INDECENT amount of shroomies which need storage and preservation.  I bought myself a nice little "Deni" Dehydrator, which, after placing them there for about 12 hours seemed to do the job. Now, when I stored the shrooms (in sealed ziploc bags) they were cracker dry..broke off when I bent them and everything..I've been really busy with school but I decided to check on my "stash" today and found them to be getting SOGGY..what gives??
Is it safe to run them by the dehydrator once more or would Epsom salts would be a better option to finish the job.  Mind you, some of these shrooms were dried for even longer and i never stored one without making 100 % sure they were cracker dry..I hope this doesn't mean they've "gone bad" or something..hehe..Perhaps they got moisture in them somehow and absorbed it?..oh..and the bags were carefully placed in a dark drawer which i never open.
Sorry for my ramble..and thanks in advance to all :smile:

peace

--------------------
So you..thought cha..might like..to go to the Show....To feel that warm thrill of confusion that ...space cadet glow..Tell me, is something eluding you, Sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see?  If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

I do not condone illegal activity..i'm just practicing for my internet acting class! :evil:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSillyBilly
Professional

Loc: Californi-eh
Re: Re-Drying Shrooms? (using Dehydrator) [Re: ani.o]
    #11164127 - 10/01/09 04:07 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

thats because 12 hours is not enough

needs to sit there for about 24 hours in a dehydrator
as long as they have not rotted go ahead and dry them

--------------------
By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Dehydrator

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation