Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePomroy
Stranger
 User Gallery

ID help please, Psilocybe Semilanceata/Liberty Caps, Newfoundland
    #11163514 - 10/01/09 02:08 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, I was wondering if any of you all would be able to help me identify this mushroom? It has a nipple, and darker gills than outside, and a long thin stalk so I wanted to get your opinions. Was found on my lawn.

Habitat: Lawn

Gills: Brown

Stem: Brown-white, ~4 inches long, very thin.

Cap: Brown to gray. Doesn't have the frilly bottom obvious on some liberty caps so I'm suspicious

Spore print color: Left cap on piece of paper not 5 minutes ago, will update tomorrow if not solved by then *fingers crossed*

Bruising: None yet, too recently picked

This is my first ever ID, and if it's not Lib Caps could someone please ID it's true species name? I'm new to this so bear with me if I make any mistakes, thanks!

http://flickcabin.com/public/viewset/12117

Those are the pictures of it, sorry for low quality but it's my camera phone...

EDIT:
CONOCYBE TENERA
Found on Erowid, http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/safe-pik/poisonous2.shtml
Apparently grows on lawns? Looks similar, but does this grow in Newfoundland?

MYCENA HAEMATOPUS
Also looks kind of similar...

Edited by Pomroy (10/01/09 02:15 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblejohnnyblaze2316

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: West coast Flag
Re: ID help please, Psilocybe Semilanceata/Liberty Caps, Newfoundland [Re: Pomroy]
    #11163852 - 10/01/09 03:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

your pics do not show in your thread...
the pictures at the end of that link you posted are really blurry...
i dont think they are psilocybe semilnceata....
maybe some kind of panaeolus....
check that spore print.

Invisiblekoraks
Re: ID help please, Psilocybe Semilanceata/Liberty Caps, Newfoundland [Re: johnnyblaze2316]
    #11163905 - 10/01/09 03:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

An inactive panaeolus species.

Mycena haemotopus is easy to rule out; it bleeds a clear, bright to dark red liquid when cut.

OfflineVictory
Stranger
Re: ID help please, Psilocybe Semilanceata/Liberty Caps, Newfoundland [Re: koraks]
    #11390650 - 11/05/09 02:34 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

I picked these today, late in the Newfoundland season (when does it end here?) but I'd like help in making sure they're the real deal (I'm new to this). Went picking two days ago in the same field (for cows) and only found 1 that locals said was safe. This time, I went to a different Newfoundlander who knows liberty caps well and he said they were the real deal.

Concerned about the bigger ones mostly...the girl that was beside him said she'd never do the bigger ones (last pic) but didn't say why...Is it safe to eat the larger ones or are these too big to be the real deal (the head is a size of a quarter for the largest one)

What do you think? Is this the real thing? My friend was pretty confident but I want to check with you folks too!

Also, when trying them, is there anything I should have on hand in case I get sick?

Thanks folks!  : )

Victory

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification